Tavern of Doom: RaiVen run

Try your luck at the Tavern of doom, or try out something else.
Post Reply
Tecslicer
Board Ruler
Board Ruler
Posts: 2278
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:20 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Tavern of Doom: RaiVen run

Post by Tecslicer » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:48 am

You enter the tavern to your left you can see a group of men dicing in the corner near the fireplace. There is a table full of thugs that eye you. They seem to measure your fighting ability and then pay it no mind. A fiddler plays a mournful tune as he wanders around the room.
On the left you see a set of stairs leading to the second floor. Under the staircase you see a door open and glimps a private dining room where a noble is enjoying a meal with a few trusted bodyguards. The bartender stands behind a long counter on the far left wall. He looks up as the door closes behind you.
"What can I do for you?" he says
tecslicer
Head Narrator
jscifert
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Tavern of Doom

Post by jscifert » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:02 am

RaiVen walks into the tavern in the guise of a minor noble's scion, a distant relative (second or third cousin, 3rd child of the family) of the tavern noble. He has recently been contracted by a rival noble house to the noble in the tavern to investigate the tavern noble's current activities. The contracting house arranged for the death of a distant relative of the tavern noble and RaiVen will use this persona to approach the tavern noble.

He sits down at a table, eyeing the private dining room surreptitiously.
Tecslicer
Board Ruler
Board Ruler
Posts: 2278
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:20 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: Tavern of Doom

Post by Tecslicer » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:43 am

"The chearful bartender bustles up to RaiVen's table; blocking his view of his target. His pleasant smile is framed unevenly as the thick black hair of his beard ends abruptly at the corners of his mouth; leaving his upper lip bare.
"What can I do for you m'lord? We have a fresh roast of lamb on the fire, and some fine red vintages to go with it; or we can make you up something special if you like. If we don't have what your lordship desires, I'll have one of my skaa run to the market. If you can't find what your'e looking for in Sojurn, the Lord Ruler wouldn't allow it!"

OOC: Lets call the tavern noble Lord Andre Wygreen, and well say you got the set of bones as a complete body (including hair) but never got to meet the man. well... alive... I'll let you name the body and the rival house if they come up.
EDIT: Also lets place this tavern in the Western Port city of Sojurn, and call the inn the sojurn's rest.
jscifert
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Tavern of Doom

Post by jscifert » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:33 am

RaiVen looks at the man, affecting an air of disinterest. "Whatever your best wine is, I will have it. And please let the nobleman in your back room know that I am here, awaiting his pleasure."

RaiVen then settles back to continue observing the nobleman. He will give a knowing smile, a toast of his wine, and a nod in Wygreen's direction when he notices that Wygreen has become aware of him.

[I am assuming that this would be a Charm roll, and I will add Focused and Master of Disguise traits, as I think they would apply here, if you agree?]

jscifert rolled 7d6:
2, 1, 4, 4, 5, 2, 2


Tecslicer
Board Ruler
Board Ruler
Posts: 2278
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:20 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: Tavern of Doom

Post by Tecslicer » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:56 pm

OOC:I don't see how "Focused" fits this action, but it won't change the outcome to remove it so we'll play it. I think this would be a charm Vs. Wits contest.

(Wygreen's mental defense 4 dice)
Tecslicer rolled 4d6:
6, 5, 2, 3


"Very good sir." The bartender waves over a serving maid with a small bottle of red-amber liquid. "Here you are m'lord. A nice southern isles red." The bartender pours a small shot glass of the wine then leaves the bottle to go inform Lord Wygreen."
"He leaves the door open as he talks briefly with Lord Wygreen, and points out the door at you. As you raise your glass, a slight look of confusion comes over his features but is quickly replaced by a bland look of acceptance. Andre raises his glass in return and motions for you to join him."

OOC: +1 dice on wits or charm rolls for the next 2 turns. and yes they are serving "Wine" in shot glasses.
jscifert
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Tavern of Doom

Post by jscifert » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:13 am

RaiVen languidly rises from his chair and walks at a measured pace over to the room. He does not spare the bodyguards a glance, but instead focuses his gaze on his "cousin".

"Andre, it is good to finally meet in person. I am Joshua Darvan of House Darvan. You likely do not remember me, as we were both extremely young the last time we played together as children, but you will remember my mother is Lady Celia of House Darvan, a cousin of your father. I know that we have not kept in touch over the years, but I have been asked by my mother to offer my services to work with a noted and esteemed member of our extended family, namely yourself, in whatever capacity I may be of service. If I may . . . " RaiVen gestures to the empty seat across the table from Wygreen and sits, signaling for his wine glass to be refilled.

"Now, let's talk of your current stratagems and how may I be of service to you in fulfilling them?" RaiVen says, sipping from his cup and focusing his intense gaze on Wygreen.

I assume a Charm roll is called for here. I assume his Infiltrator and Master of Disguise traits are relevant and have added them to the roll below. If you disagree, let me know and I shall re-roll. I have also added +1 to this Charm roll, for a total of 8 dice rolled.

Original post: Tecslicer rolled 4d6:
6, 5, 2, 3

tecslicer wrote:OOC:I don't see how "Focused" fits this action, but it won't change the outcome to remove it so we'll play it. I think this would be a charm Vs. Wits contest.

(Wygreen's mental defense 4 dice)
Original post: Tecslicer rolled 4d6:
6, 5, 2, 3


"Very good sir." The bartender waves over a serving maid with a small bottle of red-amber liquid. "Here you are m'lord. A nice southern isles red." The bartender pours a small shot glass of the wine then leaves the bottle to go inform Lord Wygreen."
"He leaves the door open as he talks briefly with Lord Wygreen, and points out the door at you. As you raise your glass, a slight look of confusion comes over his features but is quickly replaced by a bland look of acceptance. Andre raises his glass in return and motions for you to join him."

OOC: +1 dice on wits or charm rolls for the next 2 turns. and yes they are serving "Wine" in shot glasses.
Tecslicer
Board Ruler
Board Ruler
Posts: 2278
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:20 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: Tavern of Doom: RaiVen run

Post by Tecslicer » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:04 pm

OOC: We usualy just have you roll all the dice you think you have, and If I really have a problem with one of your traits working, and I can't find another trait/circumstance/tool to replace it we take off dice starting on the right. Or you can roll the base dice then roll the traits separately. That way we have a faster pace, but no re-rolling. Though, as always, I am open to descusion about it.

(Wygreen mental defense)
Tecslicer rolled 4d6:
6, 1, 1, 4

OOC: Andre accepts your guise and is open to your proposal.

"Andre invites you to sit and waves for one of the serving maids to keep the glasses filled. As you mention "stratagems" he glances toward an ornate chest on the floor next to him. He smiles slightly as he listens to you and then knits his brows as he says. "No. No, I think I do remember you, and I certainly remember your mother. Though why she would send you to help me..." He glances back to the chest for the barest of seconds then snaps his eyes back to you "... I thought I was supposed to do this on my own. Though I suppose we are the same age..."
"Andre swirls the last of his wine around the bottom of the glass, then knocks it back and holds the glass out to be refilled. "What did your mother have to give up to convince my father to let you join me? and assuming I'll let you join me, what skills do you bring to the table? I don't want to be dragging some dead weight along that might get me killed."
jscifert
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Tavern of Doom: RaiVen run

Post by jscifert » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:37 am

RaiVen smiles enigmatically. "Trust me when I say that my other brothers have the short end of the stick in the negotiations she had with your father. Although, that is my perspective as of now . . . really depends on what your needing done as to if that stays my opinion." He then chuckles and sips a bit of wine.

"As far my skills, other than my obvious wit and charm, and dashing good looks, I also have many contacts, some of which are a bit, ah, shady if you take my meaning; I have learned much from them. I can also manage to handle myself in games of chance, skill, or more physical pursuits, as needed. What is it exactly you are looking for?"
Tecslicer
Board Ruler
Board Ruler
Posts: 2278
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:20 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: Tavern of Doom: RaiVen run

Post by Tecslicer » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:13 pm

"Andre chuckles as you mention your "Brother's" "plight" then nods his head as you list your skills."
"Well lets see what you make of this." He reaches down to the chest, unlocks it and pulls out a sheet of paper. As he removes it you can see a rolled scrip of tooled leather. The leather looks old and the designs are intricate. He slides the paper across the table. "
"I'm no good a riddles myself, but I was able to figure out that the writing is in ancient Terris. I had it translated, but I still don't know what it means.

"You see the sheet is dominated by a large circle with a star in the middle and a dot in the lower lefthand corner. Around the circle is a line of text, and a translation is written on the bottom."
"The Sightless servant sees,
It hears my name and obeys,
Heed its' voice, and live,
In its' belly is my power."
jscifert
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Tavern of Doom: RaiVen run

Post by jscifert » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:02 pm

[OOC: OK, I assume that this is a Wits roll to figure out?

Wits roll (includes +1):]

jscifert rolled 6d6:
6, 5, 1, 1, 6, 2


I will let you adjudicate based on the results.

_______________

RaiVen contemplates the information and then proposes his theory . . .
Post Reply

Return to “Testing Center”