Tavern of Doom: RaiVen run

Try your luck at the Tavern of doom, or try out something else.
Tecslicer
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Re: Tavern of Doom: RaiVen run

Post by Tecslicer » Wed May 01, 2013 9:11 pm

Andre rises to his feet. He looks slightly affronted by your suggestion. "No, no need for that. We are in this together, so I'll take the lead."
He walks over to the hole and peers in. He breaths in deeply for a moment then crawls in. You follow after a moment. The tunnel leads down and to the left for a dozen yards, all the while growing more and more steep. You see Andre slip suddenly and let out a cry as he slides down the rest of the tunnel on his stomach. You reach the point where he slipped, and find the tunnel becomes suddenly smooth.
Following Andre down the slide you empty out into a large circular cavern with a ceiling high above coming to a point. There are four doors, all open, around the chamber, and a single hole in the center of the room.
"I like this room a lot better."
jscifert

Post by jscifert » Mon May 06, 2013 12:48 pm

Hmm, perhaps. Although I am wondering if this just increases the options of ways to choose our doom. Hmmm, what do you make of this hole? RaiVen states enigmatically.

And which direction do you suppose we should choose? RaiVen says, focusing on trying to identify which exit may provide the likeliest way of not getting himself killed!

I assume a Wits roll (+ Focused Trait) is called for to see what he perceives?

jscifert rolled 6d6:
5, 4, 2, 4, 6, 6
Tecslicer
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Tecslicer » Mon May 06, 2013 1:40 pm

Andre examines the hole in the center of the floor. It looks a bit deeper than the other knife holes, but about the right shape. What purpose they might serve is beyond me though.
You walk arund the room peering through the doors. The first leads to a small room with another carving of an inquisitor, but with only one knife hole in it. The second opens into a vast, cavernous space only dimly lit by the glow of the stone. A small balcony juts out over a steep drop. You can see many glints of metal along the floor and ceiling.
The third and fourth doors lead to rooms like the first, but the third room's carving has two holes in the forehead, and the fourth wall is bare except for the symbols of Brass and Zinc instead of a carving.
jscifert

Post by jscifert » Thu May 16, 2013 5:29 am

RaiVen looks at Andre with a querulous look.

"Well, do we try some knife combinations again? Maybe third statue here?" RaiVen points to the one with the two holes in its head similar to the ones we had seen before. "If so, which combinations do you wish to try? Perhaps Tin and Copper?"

Return to “Testing Center”