Impossible Odds: Match 1

Try your luck at the Tavern of doom, or try out something else.
Claincy
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Re: Impossible Odds: Match 1

Post by Claincy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:53 pm

Yes, it does. I am considering taking back everything I said about atium being notably less powerful here than in cannon.
Kadrok
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Kadrok » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:03 pm

It is a God metal... highly contemplating switching some of the Jastes metal levels over to Atium.
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:05 am

Posting here in case anyone misses the chat board-

Are you still looking for someone to Narrate The Lord Ruler? If so I'm game. :twisted:
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Post by Kurkistan » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:35 pm

I have no objection. :)
Claincy
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Claincy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:47 pm

Cool we would be glad to have you =)
Kadrok
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Kadrok » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Totally. DO IT! Time to burn six beads of Atium and get myself killed!
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:12 pm

Okay, I officially declare I am narrating this now, at least for the first matchup. A couple things before we get started:

I checked the rulebook about catching beats, and I couldn't find anything about whether or not you can catch a beat more than once. However, it DOES say that all nudges must be approved by the narrator, so be aware that I am only going to approve catching a beat once per round, for characters and Lord Ruler alike. It keeps things from getting ridiculous and allows you to try a couple of things before you're all slaughtered. ;)

Also, I'm curious how you would like me to play TLR. Do you want me to play him like a player would- ie: using every dirty trick and exploiting every loophole in the rules I can find? Or like a narrator would should, playing TLR like how I think he would act and going for a more epic and glorious (and hopefully enjoyable) battle. I obviously prefer the second option, but I'd like your input. :)

And thirdly, I think it would be good to set up a Scheme Worksheet for this really quick, or at the very least establish your plan for attacking The Lord Ruler. Your options basically include attacking him in Kredik Shaw (in his private room or elsewhere) or during one of his rare trips outside his palace. For the sake of this adventure that basically includes executions, major political or social events (which are few and far between), or whatever else your scheming and/or spirit rolls can come up with.

Lastly, seeing how this is much more of a fight to the death than a regular role playing adventure, I don't want to offend anyone by my rulings as Narrator. Therefore, I give Tecslicer (as a third party with no characters involved) veto power. If we have any disagreements we can appeal to him to get them settled (I really will try to be fair and make it fun for everyone though).

Any questions/comments/complaints? If not then as soon as you have a plan of attack set up then we can start. :)
Claincy
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Claincy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:06 pm

Yeah things will be much more interesting if he acts as he really would. Otherwise it will be a decided sequence of one-shots, possibly multiple in one turn.
Kadrok
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Kadrok » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:32 pm

Are you giving the LR Atium or not? I think not, simply because I can't imagine he keeps some Atium ingested... he's just that powerful, and he has better things to do with atium, such as hoard it or burn it off for Youth.

As for the plan, I'm thinking somewhere open (not the throne room) where we can best take advantage of our army of Extras.
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Post by Kurkistan » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:35 pm

I would up his munchinkly behavior in a gradient with based on well we're doing.

By my reading, TLR is like a man playing a never-ending video game on god-mode: he has all the abilities maxed out, but never has to play skillfully anymore because nothing challenges or threatens him.

So, when actually confronted with an even mildly interesting opponent, he just takes his time about it, letting them attack and hoping that something will amuse him, lift his boredom. Watching the fly land on his arm in hopes that it'll dance a jig. Then he dispatches his "foe" with the minimum of effort, maybe showing off one of his 200 skills along the way as a matter of convenience, but never putting any real effort or thought into it.

So you could quite consistently model how much he "bends the rules" as a function to how "interesting" the fight gets: the longer we last and the more damage we do, the more he actually starts to care/enjoy himself/get frustrated (however you want to play it). And the more he starts trying and we start dying. :twisted:

Return to “Testing Center”