Tavern of Doom: Herid Run

Try your luck at the Tavern of doom, or try out something else.

Postby tecslicer » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:58 pm

OOC: I think this is a good place for a Long Breather for Fel. You have 7 AP to spend.(2 AP from the Aluminum heist)
tecslicer
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby dbmeboy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:38 am

OOC: Which items will Fel "lose" during the long breather? Also, considering the events of the game so far, Fel is going to use his AP to increase his duralumin rating by 1.
dbmeboy

Postby tecslicer » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:48 am

ooc: I have updated the character sheet to reflect the changes. I think you should keep the book and the aluminum that you just stole. Any good arguments to keep anything else? You shattered your spear so that is a no go. ;)
tecslicer
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby dbmeboy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:06 pm

OOC: I was hoping to keep at least one of the atium beads I found, but I understand if that's too powerful to hold on to.
dbmeboy

Postby tecslicer » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:45 pm

OOC: Well, I forgot about those. Let's use two of those to restore your resources, and you can keep the last one! It might come in handy.
tecslicer
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby dbmeboy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:54 pm

Fel takes a supply of the aluminum back to his workshop to start creating a stockpile of the different useful alloys for his personal use. He spends the rest of his time working on translating the stolen texts and searching his family's library for any cross references that would help him discover new metals or figure out what the mysterious unobtanium does.

Wits roll + talented researcher + discover new metals to glean any more information from current material:
dbmeboy rolled 7d6:
5, 4, 5, 5, 4, 4, 6

Edit: dice code fixed... had typed 7d7...
OOC: The burden of "deep cut on left leg" heals during the long breather, correct?
dbmeboy

Postby tecslicer » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:11 am

OOC: yeah the burden is healed. Also I have been rereading the WOT series for the last book to come out and I came across the scene where Herid Fel dies and I was like "What is he doing there?" then it hit me where you got the name from...

"Fel finishes making a few small bars of each of the new metals, then shaving a bit of each into his existing vials. He hesitates slightly over putting metals, that he does not yet know the uses of, into his normal vials, but how else will he discover their use?
Leaving his servants to close up the smelter and clean up the shop he returned to the study to see what more he could glean from the Law of Alloys. It kept rattling around in his head that Lord Brandon had a different list of "Basic Metals" than the usual...
Herid spends a few hours reading through the translation cover to cover, taking time to double check his notes and cross reference with his other metallurgy books. After a while something else is nags at his brain. So gathering up his books he moves to the large dining room to have room to spread out his books all at once, and maybe get something to eat. He also grabs the original book from his room and checks his notes. Wait! There! There is a mistranslated word! He is no wordy scholar but he does know a little terris. The word "Shilubeth" was translated as "Burn", but in High Terris it should be translated "to store" or "to save" or "To hide".
Quickly Fel was able to find other instances of "Shilubeth" all translated "Burn". Finally near the end of the book Fel found another error. Two entire sentences were not translated at all. Using a dictionary of modern Terris Fel translates them to read:

"It bears striking similarity to it's cousin metal; the un-alloyed copper, but is an external metal not used for storing ones own essence, but for the storing of others. Many" (here the word is not in the modern dictionary but transliterated would sound like "Fair You Kemists") "believe the external metals are evil or to be avoided, but this does not concern our talk of metallurgy."
tecslicer
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Previous

Return to Testing Center