Tavern of Doom: Herid Run

Try your luck at the Tavern of doom, or try out something else.
dbmeboy
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Re: Tavern of Doom: Herid Run

Post by dbmeboy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:12 pm

Herid flares his tin, looking for guards near or on the barge.

Flared tin-enhanced wits:
dbmeboy rolled 10d6:
5, 5, 1, 4, 3, 5, 4, 1, 6, 4
Tecslicer
Board Ruler
Board Ruler
Posts: 2278
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:20 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: Tavern of Doom: Herid Run

Post by Tecslicer » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:39 pm

"Herid scans the barge, with his tin. The ash is begining to fall heavier today, but he can see the group of skaa and guards walking back to the estate emptyhanded. The barge captain calls out to the skaa canal workers to cast off and return to the center of the canal. There are about 20 skaa canal workers, 10 guards, and the barge captain."
dbmeboy
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Re: Tavern of Doom: Herid Run

Post by dbmeboy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:25 pm

Can Herid tell what kinds of weapons the guards are carrying (swords vs spears vs bows... probably couldn't tell if any of those were stone tipped vs metal tipped)?
Tecslicer
Board Ruler
Board Ruler
Posts: 2278
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:20 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: Tavern of Doom: Herid Run

Post by Tecslicer » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:05 pm

OOC: Can't tell about metal/stone from here, but they are carrying spears, and have leather armor. Except for the captain. He has a sword, and no armor.
dbmeboy
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Re: Tavern of Doom: Herid Run

Post by dbmeboy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:41 pm

Using a combination of steel and pewter, Fel moves in closer to the barge, using the heavy ash fall for cover. Once he is near, he burns steel, looking for blue lines to the guards' weapons as well as the captain's sword.
Tecslicer
Board Ruler
Board Ruler
Posts: 2278
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:20 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: Tavern of Doom: Herid Run

Post by Tecslicer » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:15 pm

"The blue lines of steel spring up as Fel nears the barge. lines pointing to the nails on the crates, the tips of the guard's spears, the captain's sword, large lines to the crates around the barge, and to the captain's belt pouch."
dbmeboy
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Re: Tavern of Doom: Herid Run

Post by dbmeboy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:49 am

If only I had spent more time practicing with my steel... but then I wouldn't have had as much time for my studies.
Fel selects the nearest guard's spear, flares his steel, and pushes as hard as he can, trying to send the spear overboard.
dbmeboy rolled 5d6:
3, 6, 2, 1, 5
dbmeboy
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Re: Tavern of Doom: Herid Run

Post by dbmeboy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:52 am

OOC: hmm... so much for that, though I guess it could still succeed if the guard's physique roll result is 0 with no nudges?
Tecslicer
Board Ruler
Board Ruler
Posts: 2278
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:20 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: Tavern of Doom: Herid Run

Post by Tecslicer » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:15 am

(Guard Physique roll)
Tecslicer rolled 4d6:
2, 1, 4, 6


"Fel pushes on the spear trying to disarm the guard quickly, but the guard is holding it with both hands and leaning on it. The spear shakes and lurches, but the guard grips it tightly and shouts "Oiy! something's pushing on my spear?"
dbmeboy
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Re: Tavern of Doom: Herid Run

Post by dbmeboy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:50 pm

Fel grimaces... The hard way it is then.
Picking a guard near the edge of the barge, he holds up a coin, takes careful aim, and launches it with a flare of steel.

Flared steel attack, targeting health:
dbmeboy rolled 5d6:
5, 5, 3, 5, 6
Post Reply

Return to “Testing Center”