Chapter 1: Reconvening Meeting

Role play while specifically at the Elendel University

Postby Kadrok » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:13 am

Out of Character. Click to reveal.
Hooray! Free temporary gun! If I get to 10 Resources, Smithing will become amazing. I don't know what those forum monkeys were complaining about.

A dedicated 10 Resource Smith with relevant traits granting free nudges can produce whole armories over short breathers!!!

I'm in Bergen by the way.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

shk_name: Saolin

shk_asr :
Phy: 4 - Res: 3 - Hea: 7
Cha: 5 - Inf: 3 - Rep: 8
Wit: 5 - Spi: 5 - Will: 10
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Acquire mystical powers
Profession: Interplanetary Adventurer
Specialty: Languages of the Cosmere
Feature: Deft Hands
Personality: Flamboyant

Other Traits:
Skilled Actor
Talented Researcher
PowersPowersPowersCreate Guns: Saolin can make guns from raw materials, allowing him to create any standard, commonly used firearm. Additionally, he gains 1 free Prop, which must be a gun chosen from the Firearms table on pages 115-116.

Customize Guns (Small): Saolin can add the Small customization to a gun using this stunt. Additionally, he gains 1 free Prop, which must be spent to add the Small customization to a gun he's chosen as a Prop.

Postby Mac » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:14 am

Ah yes, I had forgotten you were gonna let me add the Short Breather of charges. I'll do it now!

Just to be sure I'm doing it right, as I've never had a feruchemist before... I get to store 10x my "normal maximum." My "normal maximum" is my rating, or the relevant stat -1, whichever is lower. My rating is 5 and the "stat-1" is 8, so the lower is 5, so I get to store 50 charges, yes?

Also, I'm putting this in my character sheet (on the Changes post) but to check that this is okay... I'm wearing the four rings, two per hand (the not-full one is on my right ring finger), the full bracer on my right upper arm, the not-full bracer on my left upper arm, and am I allowed to wear my final, empty metalmind as a torc? I just really like torcs. If not I'll just slap it on my right forearm, I just think torcs are cool.
Mac

shk_name: Dr. Arrenzo Reynz

shk_asr :
Phy: 2 - Res: 3 - Hea: 5
Cha: 5 - Inf: 4 - Rep: 9
Wit: 4 - Spi: 2 - Will: 6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Be Loved
Profession: Chief of Medical Staff
Specialty: I Understand You
Feature: Brass-Tongued
Personality: Center of Attention.

Other Traits:
Experienced Administrator
Emotional Perspective
PowersPowersPowersAllomantic Duralumin 4
Feruchemical Duralumin 5

Postby tecslicer » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:29 pm

As far as I can figure you have the math right on the charges, and a Torc should be fine.

@Kurk. Nope not adding anything to his sheet, since you are customizing Saolin's weapon.

What are we forgetting before we set off? ... Other than the map for Maura, and the Doc's info?
tecslicer
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:31 pm

Mac wrote:Arrenzo got up, moving to the table and cutting out even slices of the dessert cake. On impulse, he put a whole quarter of the delicacy on one plate, and brought it to Saolin.
The doctor's actions seemed to shock Saolin out of a daze. His mind had wandered, seemingly for a long time, as the talk of travel had brought back to his mind thoughts of his own travels, Those lights sure were something... he thought as he thanked Arrenzo.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

shk_name: Saolin

shk_asr :
Phy: 4 - Res: 3 - Hea: 7
Cha: 5 - Inf: 3 - Rep: 8
Wit: 5 - Spi: 5 - Will: 10
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Acquire mystical powers
Profession: Interplanetary Adventurer
Specialty: Languages of the Cosmere
Feature: Deft Hands
Personality: Flamboyant

Other Traits:
Skilled Actor
Talented Researcher
PowersPowersPowersCreate Guns: Saolin can make guns from raw materials, allowing him to create any standard, commonly used firearm. Additionally, he gains 1 free Prop, which must be a gun chosen from the Firearms table on pages 115-116.

Customize Guns (Small): Saolin can add the Small customization to a gun using this stunt. Additionally, he gains 1 free Prop, which must be spent to add the Small customization to a gun he's chosen as a Prop.

Postby tecslicer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:11 pm

Maura threw the medicine ball with all the force she could muster. She was starting to tire from the exertion, but her aim was still good. Her training partner for the day, Bren, caught the ball right before it struck his face. He was an active athlete as well as Koloss-blooded, so the 30Lb ball was no problem for him.
"Yeah, I've even been to Isacus's Bend. Went with a mining survey group a few semesters ago, when I couldn't afford the tuition, but the folks in the Bend turned us away without even a chance to get close to the hills. Spent plenty of time wandering around though..." He throws the ball back to Maura, with a grin.
"I could even draw you a map if you don't make fun of my artistic talent."

Meanwhile, at the nicest restaurant in the Octant:

Davin Maximillian put his fork back down on the plate, angling it over the knife to indicate to the server that he was finished with the steak. "So, you've lost the fully stocked mobile laboratory that I gave to the University?" He laughs politely. "I suspect some freshmen were not given enough busywork, to keep them occupied. Never the less, I'll send out an inquiry and get every eye watching for it. If it's not in some private yard or warehouse I'll find it and let you know. I'll also send along some..., Five you said? ...tickets to ride in comfort as far as the Basin, and in as much luxury as can be found beyond that."

I'll fill in what is known about Isacus's Bend in a bit, but it is not much more than what is in the supplement already, so you can check that out if you have it. Also that map is in the Images thread.
tecslicer
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Daris » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:02 am

Wow, I swear I didn't read this before posting in Chapter 2. :D Well, at least now I know where Maura got her idea from.

"Promise. And that one's not even half bad, I can recognize everything. My trees apparently look like cabbages. As do my houses. And people."
Daris

shk_name: Maura

shk_asr :
Phy 6 - Res 3 - Hea 9
Cha 3 - Inf 4 - Rep 7
Wit 5 - Spi 2 - Will 7
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Fight against discrimination
Profession: Student of Ethics
Specialty: Sense of Fairness
Feature: Dark-gray skin
Personality: Reserved
University Traits: Focus on Human-Koloss-Relations, History Minor