Keeping the family (Metz)

Moderator: Daris

thuvia

Re: Keeping the family (Metz)

Post by thuvia » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:43 am

Out Of Character: Click to revealShow
It would be a lot easier to pull someone off who is riding bareback.
Daris

Post by Daris » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:10 pm

Thanks! Iron roll +1 then vs Rider's Physique.
Strigo

Post by Strigo » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:46 pm

Marjolaine...? Ignoring the rider's words, Metz braced himself against the rock, flared his iron, and yanked hard on the man's belt as he drew even with Metz's position.
Lol, definitely wasn't suggesting that bareback was adverse for Metz. As I understood the rules when I checked, though, riding bareback would more likely be an adverse condition for the rider's roll rather than a positive circumstance for Metz, and since the two didn't seem to stack, I was wondering if it would come out as a 0 anyway. That said, I've never used the system before, and it totally isn't an issue either way. (If it does turn out to be a 0, just whack the last die off of whatever I roll below.)

Alright, flaring iron for +1, and possibly circumstances for +1, so 6d6.

Strigo rolled 6d6:
1, 4, 6, 2, 3, 5
Strigo

Post by Strigo » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:47 pm

As I understand the rules, I would like to take this opportunity to say: BUMMER.

Good job, Metz.
Daris

Post by Daris » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:36 pm

Well, he did get a nudge, so there's still a slight chance...

Daris rolled 4d6:
2, 5, 5, 3

Ahahahahaha. No.
Metz pulled at the rider's beltbuckle, but with the man moving he accidently picked the wrong line. A silver table knife shot out from the man's pocket, shooting right towards his rock and hitting it with a rather audible "ping".

The rider glanced around him and hurried his horse on, probably fearful of bandits.
With that terrible outcome, Metz won't be able to recover from his surprise before the rider is out of range and you're much too close to the city to risk a lengthy chase. On the plus side, you did pick up some loot.
Strigo

Post by Strigo » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:12 pm

Whoa, talk about an epic fail. At least he had the good sense to hide behind a rock :shock:
Metz blinked in shock as the rider disappeared into a cloud of dust. "By the Lord Ruler's-" He stomped out from behind his rock, kicking up little puffs of ash around his boots. He crouched and retrieved the knife, examining it. I stole a man's fine cutlery. Truly, I am a Mistborn of legend. Shaking his head, Metz slipped the knife into his belt, and withdrew from the roadside, making to continue on to Erathel.
Daris

Post by Daris » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:37 am

You guys really have some terrible luck with Iron rolls...
Metz soon reached the city's outskirts, found himself a comfortable place and was all set to wait for nightfall. After the great outpour of working skaa, the gates remained closed for a while, only opening for the occasional coach.

Around noon, a carriage passed by at a leisurely pace. Looking closer, Metz was shocked to find that he recognized the coachman. Tellingdwar was wearing different house colours, but it was clearly him.
Under which name is Daxos known to Metz? I'd guess his original name, but I'll need a confirmation.
Strigo

Post by Strigo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:41 pm

Metz is just saving the good rolls for when they really matter :roll:

And yeah, unless he was using another false identity at the time, Metz would probably know Daxos by his real name.

Actually, could the city even have gates? Walls are pretty much forbidden outside of Luthadel (for the Lord Ruler's reconquering convenience). Maybe they were allowed little walls designed for security and convenience rather than defense?
Metz immediately ducked back into cover, and waited until the coach had passed. He was only briefly acquainted with Eckham and Tellingdwar, but he couldn't risk the possibility of being recognized. As he began to relax again, Metz considered the implication of Eckham's presence in Erathel. Eckham had been rather unsuccessfully pursuing Carelia when Metz had met him, and it was extremely suspicious that he just happened to be in the very city she had last been seen in, especially when it was so far from the lands of his house. Metz decided that he'd have to keep an eye on him, and remain extremely cautious, as he couldn't rule out the possibility that Eckham was involved in destruction of his house.
Daris

Post by Daris » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:13 am

There has to be something to mark the city borders and keep skaa from just coming and going as they please. Not nearly as high as the Luthadel walls, of course, and unsuitable for defense, but a small wall around the main city.
Kadrok
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Kadrok » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:32 pm

At very least there'd have to be some kind of fence, I would think.

Return to “Action”