A new beginning (Daxos, Tellingdwar, Tydan)

Moderator: Daris

jeremyguebert

Re: A new beginning (Daxos, Tellingdwar, Tydan)

Post by jeremyguebert » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:38 pm

Out Of Character: Click to revealShow
Sorry for the delay, folks, just got back from a week's vacation.
After giving Vexen his contact information, Tydan made his way back out to the stables. Sadly, his horse hadn't mysteriously reappeared, but upon seeing Daxos and his steward inspecting their coach, an entirely different possibility came to him.

Tydan approached the pair and said "Pardon me, gentlemen, but are you by any chance heading towards the city of Erathel? If you are, could I trouble you to take me with you? I would be happy to offer my services as a guard in exchange for passage."
Fishrage

Post by Fishrage » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:19 am

Standing up from being hunched over the luggage, Tellingdwar said "Master Daxos, I do believe we have room for one more in the carriage."
Fenrirman
Narrator
Narrator

Post by Fenrirman » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:39 am

Daxos smiled at Tydan. "My good sir, I'm afraid I'll have to refuse your services. You see, our standing as noblemen demands we seal each and every transaction and contract with the proper form, wich requires, among other things, obligatorial supervision." Daxos sticks out his head to make sure Vexen is not around to eavesdrop. "However, the nearest obligator is already engaging in official activity on behalf of the Steel Ministry. I would hate to disrupt his holy duties for such a menial task as to oversee a transaction between two young travellers. That being said, I offer you passage as a favor, and after we arrive in Erathel I shall ask something of you." Daxos offered Tydan a hand and a devilish smile. "Nothing of great importance, of course. Care to join us in our trip, then?"
jeremyguebert

Post by jeremyguebert » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:08 pm

Tydan considered his position momentarily. He didn't like this talk of a completely unspecified favour, but he did need to get to Erathel as quickly as possible.

With only the slightest hint of hesitation tinging his voice, Tydan grasped Daxos's outstretched hand, saying "You have a deal".

I just hope I won't end up regretting this, He thought to himself as he entered the carriage and took a seat.
Fenrirman
Narrator
Narrator

Post by Fenrirman » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:38 pm

"Don't worry... What was your name again? Ah, Tydan, yes. You will not regret this." Daxos laughed cheerfuly. " Tellingdwar, my good man, please reassure our guest that I am a trustworthy gentleman. Sure the word of a Terris steward will ease your concerns. Are we all set?" Daxos flamboyantly hopped up on the coach. "Let us depart, then! To Erathel with the Lord Ruler's speed!"
Fishrage

Post by Fishrage » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:40 pm

Master Tydan, I assure you Lord Daxos Mereux is the finest of men, and as trustworthy of one you will ever find.
By the way, would Tellingdwar, as Daxos' steward , drive the carriage?
Daris

Post by Daris » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:42 pm

It would make sense for Daxos to minimize the amount of servants he has with him, and a Terris Steward driving isn't really unusual. Unless you for some reason really need a driver, this seems like a good idea.
Fishrage

Post by Fishrage » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:51 pm

Cool beans
Tellingdwar hopped up to the driver's area, and shouted "Yaa" getting the horses to move.
Daris

Post by Daris » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:41 am

Depending on future events, this thread might be merged with Keeping the Family in a few hours (plot time). If you still have some coach banter planned, now's the time.
Kadrok
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Kadrok » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:32 pm

Mental note: "acquire" this thief.

Return to “Action”