A busy day (Ralston)

Moderator: Daris

Strigo

Re: A busy day (Ralston)

Post by Strigo » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:21 pm

Out Of Character: Click to revealShow
You need your first OOC tag to precede the first quote tag ;)

Regarding the coppercloud, would it matter? Unless I've forgotten something major, entering Ral's coppercloud wouldn't do anything more than give Metz another layer of copper shielding...
Kadrok
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Kadrok » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:03 am

Strigo wrote:You need your first OOC tag to precede the first quote tag ;)

Regarding the coppercloud, would it matter? Unless I've forgotten something major, entering Ral's coppercloud wouldn't do anything more than give Metz another layer of copper shielding...
Did you remember to say you were burning Copper? Daris seems to care about that.
Strigo

Post by Strigo » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:23 am

Given that Metz just relocated from the previous thread directly into this one, I assumed that he was continuing to burn everything he had already been burning. It's essentially still the same scene for him.

If this is possibly in question though: Yes, he is burning Copper, as well as Steel and Tin.
Daris

Post by Daris » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:27 am

Ral's cloud should be big enough to keep Metz inside. And poor Metz won't stop burning Copper any time soon I'd bet.
There were several people inside. Metz could hear some of them talking, as well as the excited barks of a dog that had just found a new best friend.

"I will concede this point to you, Miss Twyliana. It is reassuring to hear that you will not demonstrate your prowess at dismembering a man in six seconds at the next ball."

Wait... what did that man just say?
Fourneau only got the obvious meaning. Or chose to. One of the two.
Strigo

Post by Strigo » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:36 am

Hurrah for Copper! And technically, if we assumed Metz wasn't burning the same stuff he was in the last thread, then the absence of the word Steel in my last post would mean that he moved to Ral's roof manually. Like a pleb. :o

Anyway, I'm assuming that Metz can hear the conversation from here on. He'll probably drop in when people leave, unless he's discovered. (I'd like to get him introduced and all, but for the time being he has absolutely every reason to avoid people, especially nobles : /)
Daris

Post by Daris » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:39 pm

Yes, Metz can hear anything that will be said from here on. I'll admit, I was hoping he'd join the group when he recognized Twyl and Daxos...
Kadrok
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Kadrok » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:13 pm

Daris wrote:[...]as well as the excited barks of a dog that had just found a new best friend.
Ral glares again, seemingly for no reason.
Strigo

Post by Strigo » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:54 pm

I'll admit, I was hoping he'd join the group when he recognized Twyl and Daxos...
My rationale here is the same as it was when he saw Daxos the first time: He doesn't know who acted against his family, and it is entirely possible (even likely) that people he knows were involved. If anything, he'd be more inclined to avoid them then complete strangers, because being recognized at all could be disastrous for him : /

I'm open to suggestions for how to proceed with Metz, but the most consistent path forward I can see involves him waiting until all or most of the people leave (after having developed their plans), and then popping in to visit Ral, and getting hooked into acting as support for one or more of the things that will be going on (Tydan's actions against his house, the noble intrigues, etc.) to earn assistance in rescuing his family. Metz would just end up meeting the others later. Or, given that Ral is all about secrets and control, it's possible that he'd choose to keep Metz separate from the others until it became necessary for them to interact.

The important parts for this to all work out are:

1) Ral needs to know that Metz is Mistborn. I think he should get this as a freebie, since Metz's escape strongly implied that he was Mistborn, and nobody else is likely to appear in the middle of the night asking about House Larosière.

2) The mine where Metz's family was taken needs to be secure enough to be obviously unassailable by a lone Mistborn (well, a lone newb-born, at the moment), or Metz might be inclined to take stupid risks. (This assumes that Ral is willing to part with this much information in the first place. Given that Metz is Mistborn and in a potentially volatile emotional state, though, he'd probably see the more honest path as safer.)

That should put Ral in a position to press-gang Metz as an accomplice. For bonus manipulation points, Daxos should mention Carelia by her full name, unwittingly giving Ralston leverage on him and Metz :D
Kadrok
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Kadrok » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:41 am

Strigo wrote:Or, given that Ral is all about secrets and control, it's possible that he'd choose to keep Metz separate from the others until it became necessary for them to interact.
3:D Delicious. My own pet Mistborn...
Strigo

Post by Strigo » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:15 am

More or less, as long as he keeps his end of the deal, and doesn't push Metz too far.

If it comes to it, he isn't opposed the idea of holding Ral upside down and shaking until answers fall out XD

Return to “Action”