Justice, Like Ash (take 2)

Info about the Crew, its motives and methods, and its members

Postby Herowannabe » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:02 pm

"Justice, like ash, falls on all men alike."

So I've been narrating the "Justice, Like Ash" adventure from the Terris Supplement in real life and I have to say, it really is an awesome adventure. That, combined with how slow the site has been lately, has prompted me to spice things up by running the adventure here on the site, too, if people are interested.

Here's the basics:

1. Newer site members have priority over long-time site members.
2. Even more than that, players who can and will commit to posting regularly for the duration of the adventure (I foresee it taking roughly 6-12 months, though that is very hard to judge with PBP games)
3. I'd prefer to NOT have any players who have read the adventure (Sorry Kadrok. :( perhaps if you want to be involved in the adventure anyway we can co-narrate it?) Any players who played in Kadrok's or Daris's JLA adventures are welcome to join here, as neither adventure got all that far into the story.
4. I'd prefer that players work out the details of the crew before finalizing their characters. I'm not going to be super strict on it, but it is really nice to have a cohesive crew with clear motives established (rather than "A Skaa Mistborn, a Noble Soother, a rogue Kandra, and a Terris Steward meet in a bar one day and decide to go adventuring...")
5. Characters will be created using the normal rules, but with 10 starting AP to spend (just something to keep in mind when deciding on a crew and characters)

So, who wants to play? :)

So far I have (I'll take around 4-5 players):
1. Claincy
2. CometaryOrbit
3. Conquestor
4. Bobbyboone
5. Striving
5 1/2. Kadrok
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:50 pm

ME ME ME!!!

EDIT 1:
Herowannabe wrote:3. I'd prefer to NOT have any players who have read the adventure (Sorry Kadrok. :( perhaps if you want to be involved in the adventure anyway we can co-narrate it?) Any players who played in Kadrok's or Daris's JLA adventures are welcome to join here, as neither adventure got all that far into the story.

Oh. Well. Nevermind. It's cool.

EDIT 2: *makes second Steel Ministry account*

Kadrok: Everyone welcome our new player!
Madrok: Thanks guys! I'm pretty keen to join a game!

;)
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Character name: Kara

: Attr -- Stand -- Res: :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 3/3 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 7/7

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 3/3 -- Wil: 8/8
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Protect my family
Profession: Thief
Specialty: Hard to read
Feature: Svelte
Personality: Inquisitive
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy
Iron 6
-Ironslide
-Iron-sight
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Formal clothing - Useful when blending in at high society events like Imperial gatherings and balls
(P) Misting vial - Contains 3 charges of Iron
(P) Lockpicks - Useful when picking locks
Misting vial - Contains 3 charges of Iron

Postby Herowannabe » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:05 pm

Kadrok wrote:EDIT 2: *makes second Steel Ministry account*

Kadrok: Everyone welcome our new player!
Madrok: Thanks guys! I'm pretty keen to join a game!

;)

Lol oh fine, if you really want in that bad I suppose I can let you join in. We'll have to do something like you're character in Daris's JLA adventure, where you agree not to steer the players astray or give away secrets or yadda yadda. But yeah. Sure. I'll add you to the list. ;)

Edit: plus, when this adventure finishes, assuming everything goes well and players and still interested, I'd like to continue on and run Beasts of Burden, and/or any new adventures that may be coming out in future supplements, so you'd be able to participate in them normally.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:56 pm

As pleased as I am with you letting me in, I wasn't trying to pressure you, and if you don't want me in no harm done (I'm confident in my ability to play without spoiling it though; also in my ability to only vaguely remember what goes on in that adventure).

Now, that Madrok guy... he sounds handsome and intelligent... you should totally recruit him.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Character name: Kara

Phy: 4 -- Res: 3/3 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 7/7

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 3/3 -- Wil: 8/8
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Protect my family
Profession: Thief
Specialty: Hard to read
Feature: Svelte
Personality: Inquisitive
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy
Iron 6
-Ironslide
-Iron-sight
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Formal clothing - Useful when blending in at high society events like Imperial gatherings and balls
(P) Misting vial - Contains 3 charges of Iron
(P) Lockpicks - Useful when picking locks
Misting vial - Contains 3 charges of Iron

Postby Herowannabe » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:21 pm

I don't mind letting you in, as long as we don't get a sudden rush of newer players who are all confident in their ability to post regularly and consistently for the duration of the adventure.

I don't know about that Madrok guy. Something about him is just... Unnerving. Maybe it's the way he stares at me with a smirk on his face while fondling the metal spikes he's always carrying around... 3:D :shock:
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Conquestor » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:55 am

I want to play! I love The Mistorn Adventure Game and have never played the terris adventure they have. :D
Conquestor

Character name: Lorien

Phy: 3 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 3 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 7/7
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive - Discover the secrets of the Metallic arts
Profession - scholar
Specialty - Metalurgy
Feature - Battle scar on left arm
Personality - Sarcastic
PowersPowersPowersFeruchemy / 3 in all metals.
InventoryInventoryInventory3 MetalMinds average / staff.
1st MetalMind - Pewter 50/100 - Steel 50/100 - Iron 50/100
2nd MetalMind - Bronze 50/100 - Copper 50/100 - Zinc 50/100
3rd MultiMind - Gold 50/100 - Brass 50/100 - Tin(sight) 50/100
Aluminum Mind - 25/50
Nicrosil(Iron) Mind - 12/25
1 Atium bead

Postby Herowannabe » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:13 am

Conquestor wrote:I want to play! I love The Mistorn Adventure Game and have never played the terris adventure they have. :D

Well then, welcome aboard Conquestor! :D
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby bobbyboone » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:54 am

I would also like to play! I have not read Justice Like Ash, so that's a plus.
bobbyboone

Character name: Alvern Bertais

Phy: 3 -- Res: 5/5 -- Hea: 8/8

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 5/5 -- Rep: 9/9

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 4/4 -- Wil: 8/8

AP: 1
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Bring down the lofty
Profession: Curiosity/Antique Shop Owner
Specialty: Numerous Noble Customers
Feature: Always has a joke
Personality: Inviting
Other Traits: Amateur Duelist, Fiction Lover

Network:
Yeden's Rebellion (Rules: Keep the rebellion’s location secret; secure additional provisions and supplies for the rebels; contribute to the training of skaa troops. Benefit: First nudge per beat dealing extra damage to a member of the steel ministry deals 2 instead of 1)
PowersPowersPowersNone
InventoryInventoryInventoryDueling Cane (+2 dmg, touch/striking)
Formal Clothing
Disguise
Antique/Curiosity Shop (Safe house)
Pocketwatch

Postby Herowannabe » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:10 am

Great! I'll add you to the list too.

So @Bobbyboone and @Conquestor, have either of you played the Mistborn Adventure Game before? Ever done PBP (Play by post)? If you haven't, then let me just tell you it can be a lot of fun, but it typically moves pretty SLOW. ;) Some of the adventures on this site have been going on for a couple years now, and the only one that we ever actually finished was a short, suicidal attack on the Lord Ruler. It was basically just one big fight scene, and took about 9 months to complete.

I mention this because so far out PBP games have had a tendency to peter and die out after a while, and I'm hoping to avoid that with this one. Justice, Like Ash is a relatively short adventure, but could still easily take us more than a year to complete at PBP speeds. If you guys are okay with that, and you think you can commit to posting regularly (i.e.: roughly once every day or two), then we should be good to begin! :)

Also, I encourage both of you to head over to the General subforum and introduce yourselves in the "Get to know you" thread and the "Brandonology" thread.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby bobbyboone » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:54 pm

I have played MAG before. I narrated with a group for a couple sessions, so I'm familiar with the rules, but I wouldn't say I'm experienced at all, haha!

I have not played a PBP game, however, but I knew it would not be a fast game. :)
bobbyboone

Character name: Alvern Bertais

Phy: 3 -- Res: 5/5 -- Hea: 8/8

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 5/5 -- Rep: 9/9

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 4/4 -- Wil: 8/8

AP: 1
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Bring down the lofty
Profession: Curiosity/Antique Shop Owner
Specialty: Numerous Noble Customers
Feature: Always has a joke
Personality: Inviting
Other Traits: Amateur Duelist, Fiction Lover

Network:
Yeden's Rebellion (Rules: Keep the rebellion’s location secret; secure additional provisions and supplies for the rebels; contribute to the training of skaa troops. Benefit: First nudge per beat dealing extra damage to a member of the steel ministry deals 2 instead of 1)
PowersPowersPowersNone
InventoryInventoryInventoryDueling Cane (+2 dmg, touch/striking)
Formal Clothing
Disguise
Antique/Curiosity Shop (Safe house)
Pocketwatch

Next

Return to The Crew