Wits: 5 Spirit: 2/2 Willpower: 7/7

Traits
Drive - Discover the secrets of the Metallic arts
Profession - scholar
Specialty - Metalurgy
Feature - Battle scar on left arm
Personality - Sarcastic

Burdens: None

Destiny : Discover a metal powerful enough to save my people.

Tragedy : My family was killed by the Lord Ruler while we were his stewards.

Secrets known: Nicrosil, Aluminum, and how to make a Unkeyed MetalMind.

Powers: Feruchemy / 3 in all metals.

Total AP: 2
Out of Character. Click to reveal.
+10 start of game
-4 secret of Nicrosil
-2 secret of Aluminum
-4 how to make an unkeyed metal mind
+1 first mission
+1 doing the recap

Equipment:
3 MetalMinds average / staff.
1st MetalMind - Pewter 50/100 - Steel 50/100 - Iron 50/100
2nd MetalMind - Bronze 50/100 - Copper 50/100 - Zinc 48/100
3rd MultiMind - Gold 50/100 - Brass 50/100 - Tin(sight) 50/100
Aluminum Mind - 25/50
Nicrosil(Iron) Mind - 12/25
1 Atium bead

Sorry about changing my equipment again, but I did the math and I realized I wouldn't be able to do much with only 30 max charges in each metal.

Network: None.
Last edited by Conquestor on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:37 am, edited 13 times in total.
Conquestor

Character name: Lorien

: Attr -- Stand -- Res: :
Phy: 3 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 3 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 7/7
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive - Discover the secrets of the Metallic arts
Profession - scholar
Specialty - Metalurgy
Personality - Sarcastic
PowersPowersPowersFeruchemy / 3 in all metals.
InventoryInventoryInventory3 MetalMinds average / staff.
2nd MetalMind - Bronze 50/100 - Copper 50/100 - Zinc 50/100
Aluminum Mind - 25/50
1 Atium bead

Postby Conquestor » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:00 pm

Lorien was young when the Synod found him, so, he able to grow up knowing about his abilities and find his legendary metal. He was deemed the Metalurgist Keeper and is also trying to discover why the Inquisitors have spikes. This is the other reason he joined the crew and has spent a lot of time on both. He was losing hope after five years without a single new metal, but after so much time, he finally discovered a new metal. He named it Nicrosil, he kept this metal to himself and after another year he discovered aluminum, thanks to the Steel Ministry.
Conquestor

TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive - Discover the secrets of the Metallic arts
Profession - scholar
Specialty - Metalurgy
Personality - Sarcastic
Aluminum Mind - 25/50
1 Atium bead

Postby Herowannabe » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:13 pm

Looks good, just one suggestion: I would change the drive from "discover all metals" to "discover the secrets of Feruchemy" or (if you want something a little more broad) "Discover the secrets of the Metallic Arts."

Of course, we as the players know that there are several other metals out there waiting to be discovered, but Lorien doesn't know that- he might suspect it, but his knowledge isn't certain. Plus a broader drive leave more room for discovering other secrets, like how Hemalurgy works or compounding or etc.

If you aren't familiar with Networks, they are basically a Trait + a Stunt, but with Rules you have to follow in order to benefit from them. If you break the rules for a Network, you lose the Trait and the benefits until the next long breather (at which point you smooth things over with your contacts)

The Rules for the Synod Network is as follows:

Synod Inner Circle (Terris Only)
Rules: Never share Terris secrets with non-Terris; never willingly take action which directly and openly opposes the Steel Ministry, the imperial army, or other agents of the Lord Ruler.
Network Trait: Synod Information Network
Benefits: Once per session, you may choose a Terris Extra and make a Spirit 3 Challenge roll; with success, the Extra agrees to assist you in your current task. The Extra assists you until the task is complete or the next Breather (whichever comes first).
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:34 pm

I noticed that you switched up your equipment, which is fine, but it reminded me to remind you that you'll want to settle on which metals you have in your multiminds, and make note of the charges contained in each. Each metalmind starts out half full, rounded down.

For Example, something like:

Multimind 1- bracer:
  • Iron - 15/30
  • Steel - 15/30
  • Tin (Sight) - 15/30
  • Tin (Hearing) 15/30
  • Pewter 15/30
etc...

Also, according to my change to the house rules, you also get to start out with a small bit of Nicrosil (a single 25-charge ring or earring or etc) and Aluminum (a 50-charge metalmind). If you use or lose either of those they're gone, and you'll need to use resources to acquire replacements.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:44 am

Conquestor wrote:Equipment:
3 MetalMinds average / staff.
3rd MultiMind - Gold 50/100 - Brass 50/100 - Nicrosil 50/100
Aluminum Mind - 25/50
Nicrosil Mind - 12/25

Sorry about changing my equipment again, but I did the math and I realized I wouldn't be able to do much with only 30 max charges in each metal.

No problem, I completely understand. The advantage of multiminds and other smaller metalmind props is that you get a lot more diversity, but you lose a lot of capacity.

One quick correction: Secret metals (aka: Nicrosil) cannot be taken as props. So the only Nicrosil you start with is the freebie 25-charge metalmind- you'll have to change the Nicrosil in your third Metalmind prop to something else, sorry. :| But on the flip side, any other nicrosil- or aluminum-minds you gather along the way will stay with you and won't go away (and you're welcome to try your luck with Resources before the adventure begins to see if you can obtain any more nicrosil to use during the adventure). :)

EDIT: Also, you'll need to specify what sort of charges are stored in your nicrosilmind(s)
ie:
Nicrosilmind (feruchemical pewter): 12/25
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:34 pm

By the way, this is up to you, but personally I'd prefer it if (at least at the start of the campaign) nobody else but Lorien knows about the unkeyed metalmind trick, and if Taharazad was the only other one who knows about Lorien's Feruchemy (if even him, but I imagine he would know). Partially for fluff reasons, but mostly because I think it will be a lot of fun to roleplay "the reveal" moments when the other players learn about these things. :D Again, the final decision on who knows what is up to you, but this is my preference.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Conquestor » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:06 pm

Herowannabe wrote:By the way, this is up to you, but personally I'd prefer it if (at least at the start of the campaign) nobody else but Lorien knows about the unkeyed metalmind trick, and if Taharazad was the only other one who knows about Lorien's Feruchemy (if even him, but I imagine he would know). Partially for fluff reasons, but mostly because I think it will be a lot of fun to roleplay "the reveal" moments when the other players learn about these things. :D Again, the final decision on who knows what is up to you, but this is my preference.

I was already planning that Taharazad would be the only one to know, no one else will.
Conquestor

Profession - scholar
Specialty - Metalurgy
Personality - Sarcastic
Aluminum Mind - 25/50
1 Atium bead

Return to The Crew