The Crew

Statue at the Manor Character Sheets

Moderator: bobbyboone

bobbyboone

Narrator

The Crew

Post by bobbyboone » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:57 pm

Alright! Here we go. Let's start with Characters and the Crew. Each player can create a thread with their character in it, or, if you've got one in the Character Creation sub forum, ask a mod to move it to this sub forum.

Here are the players (the Crew members are for reference and are subject to change):
@Herowannabe - Noble Rioter (son of a Senator)
@SirJerric - Broadsheet Editor, no powers
@Kadrok - Iron/Iron Scion with a car :D
@Mac - Koloss-blooded Tineye

This thread is for discussing the Crew and your character's place in it. Ready? Go!

===============================
The Crew
===============================
Name: ???
Cause: ???
Target: ???
Method: ???
Last edited by bobbyboone on Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Jerric

Name: Lestopher Grant

asr :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 8/8

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 6/6 -- Wil: 11/11
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Seeking adventure
Profession: Broadsheet editor
Specialty: Getting out again
Feature: Notices everything
Personality: Dour

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
PowersPowersPowers(Gun Stunt) - Quicker Draw (Quick Draw without penalty; choose Attr. in duels)
(Gun Stunt) - Point Blank (min Close->min Striking; pistol melee +1 dam. @Touch/Touch)
InventoryInventoryInventory(p) Sterrion 36 revolver (+2 damage; 6 shots; Close/Medium)
(p) Hunting Knife (+2 damage; Touch/Striking)
(p) Bulletproof Vest (-2 physical damage)
(p) Rope and grapple

satm_ap: 1

Re: The Crew

Post by Sir Jerric » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:40 pm

To kick this off, it sounded like you have/had a scenario planned. Perhaps you could give us a generic of our objective, and we can either use that for our method or as a reference to make a broader but encompassing crew plan?

Starting from the other end, I'd like to stay on a more honorable/heroic bent, so I'd prefer our scenario pit us against someone who deserves what is coming. So, not just excuses, but "justification that may not have legal-grade evidence yet"-type activity. Like, vigilante or some such.
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Name: Elsander Feltri

asr :
Phy: 2 -- Res: 5/5 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 7/7 -- Rep: 11/11

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Get back at my Father
Profession: Senator's son
Specialty: Reading other people
Feature: Charming Smile
Personality: Condescending
PowersPowersPowersZinc (Allomancy): 5
- Stunts: Riot Aim
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Misting Vial: Contains 3 charges of Zinc
(PP) Terringul Ripper: +1 Damage, 12/12 shots, Range: Close/Medium *(This weapon can be fired as a normal firearm (using shots), or as a rotary gun (using a salvo). Firing a salvo requires at least 10 shots.)
(P) Formal Clothing: Useful when (patronizing one's inferior companions) blending into high society events like formal dances and gatherings
(P) Pocketwatch: A small timepiece that keeps good time

Post by Herowannabe » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:00 pm

Sir Jerric wrote:Starting from the other end, I'd like to stay on a more honorable/heroic bent, so I'd prefer our scenario pit us against someone who deserves what is coming. So, not just excuses, but "justification that may not have legal-grade evidence yet"-type activity. Like, vigilante or some such.
NAME: The Justice League
CAUSE: Justice
TARGET: The corruption in this city
METHOD: Superpowers Theft (apparently- we're performing a heist, right?)
bobbyboone

Narrator

Post by bobbyboone » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:06 pm

Absolutely! You're going to be stealing something (okay, okay, it's a statue), but you're actually stealing it back for the rightful owner. So theft would be an acceptable method, but so would investigation. The cause could be Truth, Justice, and Harmony's Path, or it could be Become Famous.

Going on what you said about not having legal-grade evidence, being a group of amateur detectives would work great.

Does that help? If you want more specifics, let me know!
Mac

Name: Red

asr :
Phy: 7 -- Res: 2/2 -- Hea: 9/9

Cha: 2 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 4/4 -- Wil: 9/9
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Understand Human Culture
Profession: Steward
Specialty: Stealth
Feature: Long-arms
Personality: Serious
PowersPowersPowersKoloss-Blood (+1 to Physique, +2 dice in rolls involving physical strength)

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Tin-ker (By using your finely-honed senses, you can detect structural and manufacturing defects in a mechanical object or device, allowing you to quickly disable it. While burning Tin, the Difficulty of all rolls to disable simple objects such as a locks, door hinges, or pulleys is reduced by 2, while the Difficulty of rolls to disable more complex objects such as guns, automobiles, or electrical systems is reduced by 1. In either case, this Difficulty cannot be reduced below 1.)
InventoryInventoryInventoryTin Misting Vial (P)
Sheathknives (P) (Dmg +1 Touch/Touch, Thin knives which are easily concealed in sleeves.)

Post by Mac » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:50 pm

I am open to suggestions on my one Stunt I am allowed and whatever Props I should consider. I don't think that "guns" currently fit the idea of being sneaky so prolly won't take any gun stunts, or tin-gun stunts. Anyone have a go-to tin or koloss stunt? There are just the three places I'll need to look, right? The core book tin stunts, the supplement tin stunts, and the supplement koloss stunts, yes?

Edit: Right now I'm looking at Blindsight, Tin-ker, Massive Jump, and Powerful Legs.
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Name: Elsander Feltri

asr :
Phy: 2 -- Res: 5/5 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 7/7 -- Rep: 11/11

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Get back at my Father
Profession: Senator's son
Specialty: Reading other people
Feature: Charming Smile
Personality: Condescending
PowersPowersPowersZinc (Allomancy): 5
- Stunts: Riot Aim
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Misting Vial: Contains 3 charges of Zinc
(PP) Terringul Ripper: +1 Damage, 12/12 shots, Range: Close/Medium *(This weapon can be fired as a normal firearm (using shots), or as a rotary gun (using a salvo). Firing a salvo requires at least 10 shots.)
(P) Formal Clothing: Useful when (patronizing one's inferior companions) blending into high society events like formal dances and gatherings
(P) Pocketwatch: A small timepiece that keeps good time

Post by Herowannabe » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:19 am

Herowannabe wrote:
Sir Jerric wrote:Starting from the other end, I'd like to stay on a more honorable/heroic bent, so I'd prefer our scenario pit us against someone who deserves what is coming. So, not just excuses, but "justification that may not have legal-grade evidence yet"-type activity. Like, vigilante or some such.
NAME: The Justice League
TARGET: The corruption in this city
METHOD: Superpowers Theft (apparently- we're performing a heist, right?)
More seriously though, after skimming a bit of the Alloy of Law supplement I noticed the entry for "Vigilantes" on page 70- that seems to fit us very well I think. So I would go with something along the lines of:

NAME: TBD
TARGET: [The noble house in possession of the statue]
METHOD: Theft

Also, @bobbyboone, I don't know what your plans are for this adventure yet, but what if the statue in question happened to be in possession of Alloran Feltri (my character's father)? My character would obviously have an easy "in," but the statue might hidden away somewhere Elsander doesn't have access to or doesn't know about. Could make for a fun twist. :) Let me know what you think.
Sir Jerric

Name: Lestopher Grant

asr :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 8/8

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 6/6 -- Wil: 11/11
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Seeking adventure
Profession: Broadsheet editor
Specialty: Getting out again
Feature: Notices everything
Personality: Dour

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
PowersPowersPowers(Gun Stunt) - Quicker Draw (Quick Draw without penalty; choose Attr. in duels)
(Gun Stunt) - Point Blank (min Close->min Striking; pistol melee +1 dam. @Touch/Touch)
InventoryInventoryInventory(p) Sterrion 36 revolver (+2 damage; 6 shots; Close/Medium)
(p) Hunting Knife (+2 damage; Touch/Striking)
(p) Bulletproof Vest (-2 physical damage)
(p) Rope and grapple

satm_ap: 1

Post by Sir Jerric » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:18 am

Herowannabe wrote:More seriously though, after skimming a bit of the Alloy of Law supplement I noticed the entry for "Vigilantes" on page 70- that seems to fit us very well I think. So I would go with something along the lines of:

NAME: TBD
TARGET: [The noble house in possession of the statue]
METHOD: Theft

Also, @bobbyboone, I don't know what your plans are for this adventure yet, but what if the statue in question happened to be in possession of Alloran Feltri (my character's father)? My character would obviously have an easy "in," but the statue might hidden away somewhere Elsander doesn't have access to or doesn't know about. Could make for a fun twist. :) Let me know what you think.
Might be better to have the target being a friend of your father's rather than pitting us against your family right off the bat. Then you'll have to wonder if your father is in on some conspiracy or not. And this is all assuming that the target is a noble in the first place. Likely since nobles own most of the businesses in the setting, but not required.

The question I have is who has the statue, and why? Particularly if they are not the rightful owners, why are we involved? What is the failure of the justice system that motivates our intervention? If we can define that, that is what I'd like to use as our Target. (Which is to say, I'd like a target that lasts for more than one adventure, even if we don't play more. Greater verisimilitude.)

TARGET: [Noble privilege?]
METHOD: Infiltration

My Method suggestion is mostly because I don't want to characterize Grant as a thief. I'm picturing a string of situations in which we sneak into places (or bluff into parties) and once the objective is in hand (or things go to pieces) we either clobber everyone around or make a mad dash to the nearest exit, as appropriate. Social scenes and actions scenes both, you might say.
bobbyboone

Narrator

Post by bobbyboone » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:47 pm

I think it might be better if I basically gave you the entire hook for the adventure before you guys get too much further, since that will inform your decisions on the Crew, as SirJerric aptly stated.

Here's what I'm thinking: we start up a Chapter 0, where our benefactor meets with Lestopher Grant. He's got a story of corruption in Elendel, and he needs some investigative journalism to get some evidence.

Would you all be opposed to Grant being the common connection between the Crew? I can see Elsander having strong connections to the broadsheets, though Red and Sara (Kadrok's character's tentative name) might have to be more creative. I know you @Mac haven't filled in everything about your character, what if he was an employee of the broadsheet?

There's other options, of course. One of you could have a direct connection to the benefactor (I don't know yet who he is, so he might be one of your relatives, for example).

What do you all think?
Mac

Name: Red

asr :
Phy: 7 -- Res: 2/2 -- Hea: 9/9

Cha: 2 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 4/4 -- Wil: 9/9
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Understand Human Culture
Profession: Steward
Specialty: Stealth
Feature: Long-arms
Personality: Serious
PowersPowersPowersKoloss-Blood (+1 to Physique, +2 dice in rolls involving physical strength)

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Tin-ker (By using your finely-honed senses, you can detect structural and manufacturing defects in a mechanical object or device, allowing you to quickly disable it. While burning Tin, the Difficulty of all rolls to disable simple objects such as a locks, door hinges, or pulleys is reduced by 2, while the Difficulty of rolls to disable more complex objects such as guns, automobiles, or electrical systems is reduced by 1. In either case, this Difficulty cannot be reduced below 1.)
InventoryInventoryInventoryTin Misting Vial (P)
Sheathknives (P) (Dmg +1 Touch/Touch, Thin knives which are easily concealed in sleeves.)

Post by Mac » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:58 pm

I'm still toying with my guy, mostly cuz I haven't read the koloss bits yet.

Basically here's my rough idea... he's a young koloss-blood. His tribe's Wise One has read the auguries and selected him as her successor. One day he shall be the "shaman" type person of the tribe.

Right now, he's on the koloss version of a rumspringa. Most of the past generations have spent it going further into uncharted lands, becoming one with nature... however, human settlements are getting closer and closer to his tribe's land. The decision was reached that he will spend his time in Elendel, learning the ways of the human people, particularly since he has the human mysticism of the allomancy.

He knows Grant, because upon coming to Elendel he realized that a connection to someone who runs these pages of information would be a helpful way to learn much about the humans quickly. Grant in turn thought his story was at least mildly interesting, and perhaps has worked with Red before on certain matters of investigative journalism. Besides that, Red has found a place in the underground, where his skills are worth a premium. He gets paid for his jobs, he steers clear of the really vicious or violent crimes and criminals, it provides him with sufficient funds and more importantly gives him time and freedom to explore the human city, and human society.

Does anyone who knows the Koloss better than I do know a reason that's rust on my arms?

Return to “Character Sheets”