TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Get back at my Father
Profession: Senator's son
Specialty: Reading other people
Feature: Charming Smile
Personality: Condescending
PowersPowersPowersZinc (Allomancy): 5
- Stunts: Riot Aim
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Misting Vial: Contains 3 charges of Zinc
(PP) Terringul Ripper: +1 Damage, 12/12 shots, Range: Close/Medium *(This weapon can be fired as a normal firearm (using shots), or as a rotary gun (using a salvo). Firing a salvo requires at least 10 shots.)
(P) Formal Clothing: Useful when (patronizing one's inferior companions) blending into high society events like formal dances and gatherings
(P) Pocketwatch: A small timepiece that keeps good time

Re: The Crew

Post by Herowannabe » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:41 pm

bobbyboone wrote:Would you all be opposed to Grant being the common connection between the Crew? I can see Elsander having strong connections to the broadsheets, though Red and Sara (Kadrok's character's tentative name) might have to be more creative. I know you @Mac haven't filled in everything about your character, what if he was an employee of the broadsheet?
That sounds good to me. It could make sense, if Grant's "day job" is being a broadsheet editor, but on the side he's running vigilante / underground operations, using his position with the broadsheets to gather info- and connections (i.e.: the rest of the crew)- for his clandestine operations.
Mac wrote:Basically here's my rough idea... he's a young koloss-blood....
I like the backstory @Mac. I think it works well, and is an interesting twist on a koloss-blood in the city- Most Koloss-blooded are runaways or cast-outs from their tribes, so having Red be loyal to his tribe is cool. :)
Mac

Name: Red

asr :
Phy: 7 -- Res: 2/2 -- Hea: 9/9

Cha: 2 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 4/4 -- Wil: 9/9
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Understand Human Culture
Profession: Steward
Specialty: Stealth
Feature: Long-arms
Personality: Serious
PowersPowersPowersKoloss-Blood (+1 to Physique, +2 dice in rolls involving physical strength)

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Tin-ker (By using your finely-honed senses, you can detect structural and manufacturing defects in a mechanical object or device, allowing you to quickly disable it. While burning Tin, the Difficulty of all rolls to disable simple objects such as a locks, door hinges, or pulleys is reduced by 2, while the Difficulty of rolls to disable more complex objects such as guns, automobiles, or electrical systems is reduced by 1. In either case, this Difficulty cannot be reduced below 1.)
InventoryInventoryInventoryTin Misting Vial (P)
Sheathknives (P) (Dmg +1 Touch/Touch, Thin knives which are easily concealed in sleeves.)

Post by Mac » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:01 pm

Hrm, unfortunately it says most koloss receive their spikes at the age of 12, so I have to hand-wave that the rules are different for the chosen heir of the shaman.

Also the book notes that koloss tend to have tattoos, so Red is gonna be tattoo'd up down and sideways.

According to the book, almost every koloss-blood in Elendel either was forced out when he or she failed to get spikes, or chose to leave, deciding their destiny led away from the koloss. Red... will not fit in with either. ;;^.^ The price of his strong connection to his own tribe is that, even among the koloss-blood of the city, he is an outcast... or, rather, from his point of view, they all are outcast and he's not.

I hope I don't end up making him too standoffish. His point in coming here was to learn of and from humans, so he has over the years grown accustomed to you. He might actually be one of the most "human" koloss-blood in the city. But to the especially sensitive, or anyone who knows him exceptionally well, there will always be a tiny bit of him that views himself as apart, not a part. His mission is to immerse himself now, expressly so he can take this wisdom back to his tribe one day, where his spikes are waiting. He works well with humans, poorly with koloss-bloods, and has a deep and abiding respect for real Terris. (Just because you technically have Terris blood, if you aren't culturally Terris he considers you human.)

Oooo, maybe the spikes of the Shaman are specific. That's why he's not full koloss yet; as the heir, he can't take his spikes until his predecessor is... done with them. One day he will get word that she is dead or dying and he will have to return, or he will decide he's learned all he can, he will return, and honor will demand she give him the spikes then.

His many tattoos were all gotten before he left. Or, perhaps, he does have to put up with a few city koloss-blood, and he has one of them who works on his tattoos for him. It's a very complicated relationship. The tattoos have deep, spiritual meaning to the koloss.
Sir Jerric

Name: Lestopher Grant

asr :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 8/8

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 6/6 -- Wil: 11/11
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Seeking adventure
Profession: Broadsheet editor
Specialty: Getting out again
Feature: Notices everything
Personality: Dour

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
PowersPowersPowers(Gun Stunt) - Quicker Draw (Quick Draw without penalty; choose Attr. in duels)
(Gun Stunt) - Point Blank (min Close->min Striking; pistol melee +1 dam. @Touch/Touch)
InventoryInventoryInventory(p) Sterrion 36 revolver (+2 damage; 6 shots; Close/Medium)
(p) Hunting Knife (+2 damage; Touch/Striking)
(p) Bulletproof Vest (-2 physical damage)
(p) Rope and grapple

satm_ap: 1

Post by Sir Jerric » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:40 pm

Sounds like I need to clarify Grant's backstory. I slid a few jokes into the Recruitment thread about his profession, but everyone seems to have a radically different impression than I meant to give. :?

Grant is a young man who used to daydream about exploring the Roughs and traveling the Basin. He would make off with his father's broadsheets and read the articles about far away places. Someday, he would tell himself, I'll be a traveling reporter and see the world and have amazing adventures.

He mentioned his dreams of working for the broadsheets to his parents, and they encouraged him to study hard in grammar classes. They helped him get a place with the local broadsheet office and everything else a supportive parent could do.

The placement wasn't as a roaming reporter. Nor was it as a journalist. Grant suspects that his parents landed him in a cubicle on purpose. His mother never had approved of "steel-running" around the neighborhood during his grammar school years. Instead of amazing sights and revelatory journalism, Grant has a dusty, paper-strewn desk. A couple of kerosene lamps keep him company during the long hours of crossing t's and dotting i's (Turns out that most of those glorified journalists can barely spell).

After a few years of soul-crushing office work, Grant meets Red [or whomever] at a cafe. Their first conversation lights Grant's pewter [metaphor only ;) ], and they start finding some after-hours "adventures" of their own. Grant proves to be an able scrapper, and a fine shot to boot.

So, no glorious leader type here, and not running or masterminding anything. Certainly Grant knows a great deal of trivia from providing fair hand copies of incoming articles, but he is only a couple steps above the interns in terms of power. Grant is not a journalist, and I'm actually tempted to make that his Tragedy (he has had a sheltered life thus far, after all). Being a nobody turned vigilante hero amuses me; being important does not.

Sorry to burst your bubbles. :lol:
bobbyboone

Narrator

Post by bobbyboone » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:07 pm

:lol: well, I guess a Broadsheet Editor could mean high up, or low down the ladder. I like that backstory!

Now, I think the Crew's benefactor is still going to contact Grant, because he went to the higher ups and they told him to talk to you. Why? Because they think this guy is a nut and sent him to the lowliest editor they had as a joke.

Now, how does Red and Grant know Elsander? And what about @Kadrok's character? If anyone has any ideas for how Sara fits in here, by all means, go for it. @Kadrok can veto if he hates it, but he's been busy thus far ...
Sir Jerric

asr :

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
PowersPowersPowers(Gun Stunt) - Quicker Draw (Quick Draw without penalty; choose Attr. in duels)
(Gun Stunt) - Point Blank (min Close->min Striking; pistol melee +1 dam. @Touch/Touch)
InventoryInventoryInventory(p) Sterrion 36 revolver (+2 damage; 6 shots; Close/Medium)
(p) Rope and grapple

Post by Sir Jerric » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:14 pm

bobbyboone wrote::lol: well, I guess a Broadsheet Editor could mean high up, or low down the ladder. I like that backstory!

Now, I think the Crew's benefactor is still going to contact Grant, because he went to the higher ups and they told him to talk to you. Why? Because they think this guy is a nut and sent him to the lowliest editor they had as a joke.
Thanks. I've been debating making the trait "copy-editor" instead, but I think editor is the correct title. More specifically, his title is probably "assistant editor", since he gets the grunt work.

And that justification sounds great. Send the nut to the lowliest guy, since the nut is too important to kick out directly. :)
Kadrok
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Name: Sara Jasie Hasting

asr :
Phy: 2 -- Res: 5/5 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 3 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 3/3 -- Wil: 7/7
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Thirst for power
Profession: Scion
Specialty: Creative tinker
Feature: Striking beauty
Personality: Confident
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy
Iron 4
-Iron-sight
-Multiple Targets

Feruchemy
Iron 4
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Iron bracers (2) - Each stores 100 charges of Weight; one worn on each wrist; Twinborn kits
(P) Misting vials (2) - Each contains 3 charges of Iron; Twinborn kits
(P) Pocket watch - A popular symbol of wealth; keeps good time
(PP) Tekiel Zephyr - Horseless carriage; a stylish gasoline powered mechanical conveyance made primarily of brass and steel

Post by Kadrok » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:07 am

Sara is a lot like her ancestor Jastes Hasting (from Path of Steel), but less insane, less evil, and maybe a bit bolder. She's probably on the team to hone her powers, make talented connections, and have fun.

She certainly isn't in it for the money.
Sir Jerric

asr :

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
(p) Rope and grapple

Post by Sir Jerric » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:29 pm

Trying out some ideas for character interactions that could have led to the crew forming. Feel free to expound upon, combine, or override anything in this post.

- During Sara's bout of interest in social intervention, she became acquainted with the "orphan" koloss-blooded Red.
- Red was eating at a busy cafe when Grant asked to share his table, instead of avoiding him.
- Sara and Elsander are previously acquainted from social functions.
- Sara got stuck as a teenage minder for the child Elsander some 8 or 9 years prior (Elsander had to be present to Riot for Lord Feltri).
- Red and Grant go out on some lark and bump into Sara and Elsander also up to something. The collision attracts unwanted attention and they end up helping each other escape. The escapade turns into a bonding moment and they get together again to pull a more convoluted stunt. Present day is after one or two of such escapades (10 AP, after all).

Cause: Justice
Target: Noble Privilege
Method: Vigilante Raids
Crew Name: _________

Return to “Character Sheets”