The Crew

Statue at the Manor Character Sheets

Moderator: bobbyboone

Postby Mac » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:53 am

Hrm, people seem to be suggesting Red as being rather more... happy-go-lucky than I had in mind.

I can see Red deciding to review what he can of humans by looking into old copies of the paper; if Grant is indeed a lowly copy-editor, a polite koloss-blood approaching the front desk and asking for access to the archives might have been sent to be his problem. I could see Grant being interested in a reserved, polite, soft-spoken koloss, and Red being impressed with a human able to look beneath his skin color. I'm not positive what Grant is up to; however, Red by this point will be someone who makes his living as a criminal, so if Grant does have any investigative journalistic ideas that skirt the edges of the law, he might find an accomplice.

As for the noble half of our team... I have a few ideas as to how he might meet you, though I'm open to whatever you might have in mind regarding why you might be "slumming it" in his neighborhood.

The first is, as part of the scam I sorta figured he'd actually play the part of someone's servant. Played off as a deliberately exotic choice to draw attention. "Did you see Lady Hastings at the Olstein ball? She had a *koloss* steward, of all things! Can you even imagine?" Given his race's reverence towards the Terris, I wonder if he might not have spent a turn learning the ways of being a steward and perhaps could have been hired by your family, or by the family of a friend, giving a reason why they might know each other?

The other reason is, again, criminal, and as a koloss-blooded allomancer, a rather sought-after one. I don't know how many underhanded dealings your family as a whole might have had, or even yourselves, personally, but you might have simply hired me to spy on a rival or, if you don't want to be quite as dark as all that, merely to guard a shipment. (A tin-eye as strong as Red would make for a good guard, I think.)

Thoughts?

So, my initial thought had been to avoid combat but it's looking like that's unlikely. Should my second prop be some kind of weapon? Suggestions? I'd like something at least semi-hideable, prolly a knife. I feel like a knife could be useful as far as sneaking, too.

Oh, should I get, like, a set of lockpicks instead?

EDIT: Okay. Traits, props, advancements, backstory. I think Red is ready to go.
Mac

Name: Red

asr :
Phy: 7 -- Res: 2/2 -- Hea: 9/9

Cha: 2 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 4/4 -- Wil: 9/9
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Understand Human Culture
Profession: Steward
Specialty: Stealth
Feature: Long-arms
Personality: Serious
PowersPowersPowersKoloss-Blood (+1 to Physique, +2 dice in rolls involving physical strength)

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Tin-ker (By using your finely-honed senses, you can detect structural and manufacturing defects in a mechanical object or device, allowing you to quickly disable it. While burning Tin, the Difficulty of all rolls to disable simple objects such as a locks, door hinges, or pulleys is reduced by 2, while the Difficulty of rolls to disable more complex objects such as guns, automobiles, or electrical systems is reduced by 1. In either case, this Difficulty cannot be reduced below 1.)
InventoryInventoryInventoryTin Misting Vial (P)
Sheathknives (P) (Dmg +1 Touch/Touch, Thin knives which are easily concealed in sleeves.)

Postby bobbyboone » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:55 am

Okay, it looks like you all have your Characters figured out, and you're on your way to having your Crew established. I'm going to go ahead and start.
bobbyboone

Narrator

Postby Mac » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:53 pm

Goodness, I'm sorry, was everyone waiting on me? I'm so sorry! I would have found the time to get things done sooner had I realized.

I am about 40 minutes from my Two Weeks from Braize ending, so I'll be far more rapid in my responses and such from this point on.
Mac

asr :

PowersPowersPowersKoloss-Blood (+1 to Physique, +2 dice in rolls involving physical strength)

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Tin-ker (By using your finely-honed senses, you can detect structural and manufacturing defects in a mechanical object or device, allowing you to quickly disable it. While burning Tin, the Difficulty of all rolls to disable simple objects such as a locks, door hinges, or pulleys is reduced by 2, while the Difficulty of rolls to disable more complex objects such as guns, automobiles, or electrical systems is reduced by 1. In either case, this Difficulty cannot be reduced below 1.)
Sheathknives (P) (Dmg +1 Touch/Touch, Thin knives which are easily concealed in sleeves.)

Postby bobbyboone » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:57 pm

Mac wrote:Goodness, I'm sorry, was everyone waiting on me?

No! Everyone has been on top of things. You are just coincidentally the last one to update your character, haha!
bobbyboone

Narrator

Postby Mac » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:29 pm

So, I think this might be my fault for saying he was on "koloss rumpringa". Red is not some adrenaline-junkie reprobate. He's not the guy giggling and grinning and saying hey let's jump off that next building. I just meant, he's away from the koloss for a time to study humans but will return to his tribe, not that he's a repressed kid off his leash for the first time.

He is serious, he is contemplative. He is quiet. He's not really the kind of person about whom you'd say the next day "I can't believe I let him talk me into that crazy idea."
Mac

asr :

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Postby bobbyboone » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:59 pm

Mac wrote:He is serious, he is contemplative. He is quiet. He's not really the kind of person about whom you'd say the next day "I can't believe I let him talk me into that crazy idea."

Ah, my bad! I'll change that.

EDIT: I changed one sentence, but I like it much better. Let me know if that's more in line with your character.
bobbyboone

Narrator

Postby Mac » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:04 pm

I mean it's totally cool I just didn't want people being, like, really shocked when i show up in character and don't act the way you expect me to. I'm sorry for initially kicking off this confusion.
Mac

asr :

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Postby bobbyboone » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:07 pm

You're fine. It's not a big deal, the MAG says you're allowed to veto any detail about your character. I would rather you (and everyone else) correct me initially if I get your character wrong.
bobbyboone

Narrator

Postby Sir Jerric » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:50 pm

I was trying trying to remember my OOC color, and ran across this old thread. In case it helps. =)
Sir Jerric

Name: Lestopher Grant

asr :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 8/8

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 6/6 -- Wil: 11/11
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Seeking adventure
Profession: Broadsheet editor
Specialty: Getting out again
Feature: Notices everything
Personality: Dour

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
PowersPowersPowers(Gun Stunt) - Quicker Draw (Quick Draw without penalty; choose Attr. in duels)
(Gun Stunt) - Point Blank (min Close->min Striking; pistol melee +1 dam. @Touch/Touch)
InventoryInventoryInventory(p) Sterrion 36 revolver (+2 damage; 6 shots; Close/Medium)
(p) Hunting Knife (+2 damage; Touch/Striking)
(p) Bulletproof Vest (-2 physical damage)
(p) Rope and grapple

satm_ap: 1

Postby Kadrok » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:45 pm

Oooh, Koloss blooded steward sounds cool!
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Sara Jasie Hasting

asr :
Phy: 2 -- Res: 5/5 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 3 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 3/3 -- Wil: 7/7
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Thirst for power
Profession: Scion
Specialty: Creative tinker
Feature: Striking beauty
Personality: Confident
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy
Iron 4
-Iron-sight
-Multiple Targets

Feruchemy
Iron 4
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Iron bracers (2) - Each stores 100 charges of Weight; one worn on each wrist; Twinborn kits
(P) Misting vials (2) - Each contains 3 charges of Iron; Twinborn kits
(P) Pocket watch - A popular symbol of wealth; keeps good time
(PP) Tekiel Zephyr - Horseless carriage; a stylish gasoline powered mechanical conveyance made primarily of brass and steel

PreviousNext

Return to Character Sheets