The Statue at the Manor

Statue at the Manor Safehouse

Moderator: bobbyboone

bobbyboone

Narrator

Re: The Statue at the Manor

Post by bobbyboone » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:42 am

Thanks Hero, I would hope that I'm the kind of GM that is reasonable, haha! You've all made some good points.

Let me just add one thing. I think it was a mistake for me to name the adventure "The Statue at the Manor" (that's the name I gave it in my notes) because it has given you guys a lot of baggage already. I'm not going to say whether or not your guesses and ideas are correct, but I would rather you pick a character you want to play, instead of one you think will totally break the adventure.

Though, in Kadrok's case, I think he thinks he's got both. 3:D

EDIT: grammar
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Name: Elsander Feltri

asr :
Phy: 2 -- Res: 5/5 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 7/7 -- Rep: 11/11

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Get back at my Father
Profession: Senator's son
Specialty: Reading other people
Feature: Charming Smile
Personality: Condescending
PowersPowersPowersZinc (Allomancy): 5
- Stunts: Riot Aim
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Misting Vial: Contains 3 charges of Zinc
(PP) Terringul Ripper: +1 Damage, 12/12 shots, Range: Close/Medium *(This weapon can be fired as a normal firearm (using shots), or as a rotary gun (using a salvo). Firing a salvo requires at least 10 shots.)
(P) Formal Clothing: Useful when (patronizing one's inferior companions) blending into high society events like formal dances and gatherings
(P) Pocketwatch: A small timepiece that keeps good time

Post by Herowannabe » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:54 pm

I got a few minutes at lunch so I got started on my character, Alsander Feltri. You can find what I've done so far here.

Since SirJerric already made a no-powers character, even though I already called that role *grumble grumble glare* (j/k, it's cool. ;) ) I decided to give Alsander an allomantic power, and in his role of dealing with the social side of things (plus with the convenient backstory I found in the Elendel broadsheet), rioting seemed to fit well.
Sir Jerric

Name: Lestopher Grant

asr :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 8/8

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 6/6 -- Wil: 11/11
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Seeking adventure
Profession: Broadsheet editor
Specialty: Getting out again
Feature: Notices everything
Personality: Dour

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
PowersPowersPowers(Gun Stunt) - Quicker Draw (Quick Draw without penalty; choose Attr. in duels)
(Gun Stunt) - Point Blank (min Close->min Striking; pistol melee +1 dam. @Touch/Touch)
InventoryInventoryInventory(p) Sterrion 36 revolver (+2 damage; 6 shots; Close/Medium)
(p) Hunting Knife (+2 damage; Touch/Striking)
(p) Bulletproof Vest (-2 physical damage)
(p) Rope and grapple

satm_ap: 1

Post by Sir Jerric » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:15 pm

Hero and I must be thinking along similar lines. I had been trying to design a Zinc or Brass alternative to my current draft, just to see which I liked better. I'm not sure why you don't want to do a weak powers as well--I don't see any reason a crew must have only one. You're the social, info-gathering face man. I'm the quick-thinking, escapes-by-the-skin-of-his-teeth guy. Who used to do cubicle work for the local broadsheet publisher. ;)

@Mac: Another idea that occurred to me. A while back, I built a Koloss-blooded Tineye as a Villain for one of my campaigns. I introduced him by sneaking up behind the crew's Tineye while on rooftop watch. Nothing quite like turning around to find a giant looming over you.
Kadrok
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Name: Sara Jasie Hasting

asr :
Phy: 2 -- Res: 5/5 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 3 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 3/3 -- Wil: 7/7
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Thirst for power
Profession: Scion
Specialty: Creative tinker
Feature: Striking beauty
Personality: Confident
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy
Iron 4
-Iron-sight
-Multiple Targets

Feruchemy
Iron 4
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Iron bracers (2) - Each stores 100 charges of Weight; one worn on each wrist; Twinborn kits
(P) Misting vials (2) - Each contains 3 charges of Iron; Twinborn kits
(P) Pocket watch - A popular symbol of wealth; keeps good time
(PP) Tekiel Zephyr - Horseless carriage; a stylish gasoline powered mechanical conveyance made primarily of brass and steel

Post by Kadrok » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:50 pm

Sir Jerric wrote:@Mac: Another idea that occurred to me. A while back, I built a Koloss-blooded Tineye as a Villain for one of my campaigns. I introduced him by sneaking up behind the crew's Tineye while on rooftop watch. Nothing quite like turning around to find a giant looming over you.
Dammit, you beat me to it! I was just going to suggest Mac go with a Koloss-blooded Tineye! :lol: :lol: :lol:
bobbyboone wrote:I'm not going to say whether or not your guesses and ideas are correct, but I would rather you pick a character you want to play, instead of one you think will totally break the adventure.

Though, in Kadrok's case, I think he thinks he's got both. 3:D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't actually care whether Iron/Iron is effective in this scenario, I just love it to bits and would play it even on a crew made up entirely of Steel-compounders (with the exception of me, obviously).
Claincy
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Claincy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:09 pm

Subforum is set up. Narrator's notes is hidden and you have basic mod permissions to lock/merge/move/split topics within your subforum. :D

If there is anything you want me to adjust about it just let me know.
bobbyboone

Narrator

Post by bobbyboone » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:48 pm

Can you move this thread into the Safehouse subforum? Thanks! :)
Claincy
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Claincy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:09 am

Just about got the profile fields sorted :D Just a couple of tweaks to do.

Edit: Done 8-) Enjoy! And let me know if anything isn't working right.

Return to “Safehouse”