The Statue at the Manor

Statue at the Manor Safehouse

Moderator: bobbyboone

Postby bobbyboone » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:03 pm

Hey all, partially in response to Hero's thread here: http://steelministry.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1200, and partially because I've gained slightly more experienced with this game, I have decided to Narrate!

======================
The Scope:
======================
This adventure will either be a short, fun one-shot adventure or spiral out of control into a mad epic campaign the likes of which will be told as myth and legend. There is no in between.

======================
The Premise:
======================
Basically, it's a party and a heist. The two may or may not happen at the same time. 3:D It's set in Era 2.

======================
The Crew:
======================
I don't know anything about the Crew! It's up to you all! I don't mind if the Crew is not super cohesive; if you've got a character you've been dying to play, go for it! I'm also going to give 10 advancements for FREE!

So far I've got:
Herowannabe
SirJerric
Kadrok
Mac

======================
To Join:
======================
To join, please post below. I'll cap it at 3-5 Crew members, depending on popularity.

======================
Other Notes:
======================
I'm going to use some of the common house rules (I'll make a list once this game has it's own sub-forum), such as burdens during long rests, steel/iron being a contest, and catching beats. Reading through the house rules thread here: http://steelministry.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=538, I wouldn't mind using basically all of them.
Last edited by bobbyboone on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
bobbyboone

Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:35 pm

Awesome, thanks for giving it a go Boone! As I said in the other thread, I very much want to play so I'll go ahead and sign up. I am happy to play in either era, and have ideas for characters that would work in either. :)

As for house rules, I've refined and compiled the house rules into one document. It needs one or two updates which I will do and then share with you for your consideration.

EDIT:

Here is the file that contains all of the House Rules that I like to use. I just added 2 House Rules to it tonight- "Nudges for Damage" (Thanks to Nehon over at Crafty's website for that one) and "Using Allomancy/Feruchemy in combat" (which I've actually been using for a while, but have never officially written it down anywhere until now).

Also, I was going to mention, don't feel intimidated by GMing an adventure here on steelministry.com. We're more than happy to help out wherever you need it- if you have any questions or anything just let us know. :)
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Elsander Feltri

asr :
Phy: 2 -- Res: 5/5 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 7/7 -- Rep: 11/11

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Get back at my Father
Profession: Senator's son
Specialty: Reading other people
Feature: Charming Smile
Personality: Condescending
PowersPowersPowersZinc (Allomancy): 5
- Stunts: Riot Aim
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Misting Vial: Contains 3 charges of Zinc
(PP) Terringul Ripper: +1 Damage, 12/12 shots, Range: Close/Medium *(This weapon can be fired as a normal firearm (using shots), or as a rotary gun (using a salvo). Firing a salvo requires at least 10 shots.)
(P) Formal Clothing: Useful when (patronizing one's inferior companions) blending into high society events like formal dances and gatherings
(P) Pocketwatch: A small timepiece that keeps good time

Postby Sir Jerric » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:33 am

Thanks for giving Narrating here a go, Boone. I'll sign-up as interested in an Era 2 game, but I'll drop out if there are enough players interested in Era 1.
Sir Jerric

Name: Lestopher Grant

asr :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 8/8

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 6/6 -- Wil: 11/11
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Seeking adventure
Profession: Broadsheet editor
Specialty: Getting out again
Feature: Notices everything
Personality: Dour

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
PowersPowersPowers(Gun Stunt) - Quicker Draw (Quick Draw without penalty; choose Attr. in duels)
(Gun Stunt) - Point Blank (min Close->min Striking; pistol melee +1 dam. @Touch/Touch)
InventoryInventoryInventory(p) Sterrion 36 revolver (+2 damage; 6 shots; Close/Medium)
(p) Hunting Knife (+2 damage; Touch/Striking)
(p) Bulletproof Vest (-2 physical damage)
(p) Rope and grapple

satm_ap: 1

Postby Kadrok » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:01 am

I'm interested regardless of the Era, but I'm most interested in Era 2. I've been sitting on an Iron/Iron I've been dying to play.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Sara Jasie Hasting

asr :

Cha: 3 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 3/3 -- Wil: 7/7
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Thirst for power
Profession: Scion
Specialty: Creative tinker
Feature: Striking beauty
Personality: Confident
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy
Iron 4
-Iron-sight
-Multiple Targets

Feruchemy
Iron 4
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Iron bracers (2) - Each stores 100 charges of Weight; one worn on each wrist; Twinborn kits
(P) Misting vials (2) - Each contains 3 charges of Iron; Twinborn kits
(P) Pocket watch - A popular symbol of wealth; keeps good time
(PP) Tekiel Zephyr - Horseless carriage; a stylish gasoline powered mechanical conveyance made primarily of brass and steel

Postby bobbyboone » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:18 am

Thanks guys! Since you all want Era 2, I'll just change it to be Era 2 regardless of what future people want, haha.
bobbyboone

Narrator

Postby bobbyboone » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:53 pm

So, I just remembered that Masks of the Past is supposed to be available August 8th, but I would rather get started before then. Waiting that long could be a death sentence. Anyway, what I'm thinking is starting the adventure with what we know, and if, while perusing the new book, you find anything you're dying to try out, we can try incorporating it.

Further, if the supplement contains an adventure, I would ask anyone in this adventure to not read it, just in case it would work well with the starting adventure I've got made up.

Is all that acceptable to everyone?
bobbyboone

Narrator

Postby Kurkistan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:10 pm

I'd be down, assuming we don't have newer players who want in or get too many old hands interested.

---

Re: Masks of the Past

The spin up period for a new campaign is usually a week or two even at our peak here, so I think we'd be safe delaying finalization of characters for a week.
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:02 pm

I'd be fine with starting as soon as possible- MotP probably won't contain much information that will change things for us- at least not starting out.

But Kurkistan is right- sign ups and character/crew creation usually take a couple weeks, so it will probably be out before we get started anyway.

Speaking of characters- I'm going to go ahead and call dibs on the no-powered character with Strong Standings (I'm sure that demand will be high for such a character. :roll: ) Anyway, what I have in mind is this: a guy who is the second son of an influential Senator (or some sort of politician). He's a bit on the wild side and often consorts with wild men and ruffians- at least that's how it looks as far as his family is concerned (EDIT: he tends to get away with it because the spotlight is typically on his father and his elder brother, who was blessed enough to be a twinborn (exact makeup of powers is up to the Narrator)). The 'ruffians' he runs around with (aka: the crew) view him a little differently, as a well-polished son of a lord, but decent enough for all that. Plus it pays to have friends on high places.

As such I'm envisioning him with a high influence and a reasonably high resources, and either no-powers or perhaps one minor allomantic or feruchemical power, if needed for a well-rounded crew.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Elsander Feltri

asr :

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 7/7 -- Rep: 11/11

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Get back at my Father
Profession: Senator's son
Specialty: Reading other people
Feature: Charming Smile
Personality: Condescending
PowersPowersPowersZinc (Allomancy): 5
- Stunts: Riot Aim
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Misting Vial: Contains 3 charges of Zinc
(PP) Terringul Ripper: +1 Damage, 12/12 shots, Range: Close/Medium *(This weapon can be fired as a normal firearm (using shots), or as a rotary gun (using a salvo). Firing a salvo requires at least 10 shots.)
(P) Formal Clothing: Useful when (patronizing one's inferior companions) blending into high society events like formal dances and gatherings
(P) Pocketwatch: A small timepiece that keeps good time

Postby Kurkistan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:03 pm

I was thinking a Southern ambassador might be fun to interact with, in light of MotP. Maybe I'll snag something from that ruleset, if we've the time.
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Postby bobbyboone » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:30 pm

Sounds good Kurk and Hero. Let's just see how it goes. If we can fit in MotP, sweet, otherwise, we'll wait.
bobbyboone

Narrator

Next

Return to Safehouse