The Statue at the Manor

Statue at the Manor Safehouse

Moderator: bobbyboone

Postby Mac » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:43 pm

I don't know if you are topped out yet... but I think I would enjoy playing this game.

**EDIT:

At the moment I'm thinking a physical dude to run the actual stealing; not so much a warrior like Ham, but more someone who has either a high physique score, or something like pewter allomancy or steel feruchemy, for things like grace and deftness and whatnot, like climbing nearly-sheer walls or hanging off the edge of a building by his fingertips. Not really pewter feruchemy stuff.

However I'm flexible.
Mac

Name: Red

asr :
Phy: 7 -- Res: 2/2 -- Hea: 9/9

Cha: 2 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 4/4 -- Wil: 9/9
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Understand Human Culture
Profession: Steward
Specialty: Stealth
Feature: Long-arms
Personality: Serious
PowersPowersPowersKoloss-Blood (+1 to Physique, +2 dice in rolls involving physical strength)

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Tin-ker (By using your finely-honed senses, you can detect structural and manufacturing defects in a mechanical object or device, allowing you to quickly disable it. While burning Tin, the Difficulty of all rolls to disable simple objects such as a locks, door hinges, or pulleys is reduced by 2, while the Difficulty of rolls to disable more complex objects such as guns, automobiles, or electrical systems is reduced by 1. In either case, this Difficulty cannot be reduced below 1.)
InventoryInventoryInventoryTin Misting Vial (P)
Sheathknives (P) (Dmg +1 Touch/Touch, Thin knives which are easily concealed in sleeves.)

Postby Herowannabe » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:49 pm

@Bobbyboone: I hope you don't mind, but I just posted a shout out to this game on the comment page for the Mistborn: House War Kickstarter.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Elsander Feltri

asr :
Phy: 2 -- Res: 5/5 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 7/7 -- Rep: 11/11

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Get back at my Father
Profession: Senator's son
Specialty: Reading other people
Feature: Charming Smile
Personality: Condescending
PowersPowersPowersZinc (Allomancy): 5
- Stunts: Riot Aim
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Misting Vial: Contains 3 charges of Zinc
(PP) Terringul Ripper: +1 Damage, 12/12 shots, Range: Close/Medium *(This weapon can be fired as a normal firearm (using shots), or as a rotary gun (using a salvo). Firing a salvo requires at least 10 shots.)
(P) Formal Clothing: Useful when (patronizing one's inferior companions) blending into high society events like formal dances and gatherings
(P) Pocketwatch: A small timepiece that keeps good time

Postby bobbyboone » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:11 pm

@Mac: I think we're good. I'm thinking first come first serve, and with no comments from Crafty or 17th Shard, I'm thinking we should just start this up. I'll wait a bit to see.

About your character idea. There is a stunt (prodigious strength, I think) that gives +1D to Physique strength rolls. Since Pewter improves balance as well, we could give your character a stunt that gives +1D to Physique balance rolls. We'll call it "Extraordinary Balance" or something.

@Herowannabe: Nope, that's fine, thanks for doing that!
bobbyboone

Narrator

Postby Sir Jerric » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:19 pm

Kadrok: Iron Compounder

Hero: the no-powered character with Strong Standings
IE: High Influence, Resources; maybe Average Powers if needed.

Kurk: a Southern Ambassador, if available

Mac: an athletic dude to run the actual stealing, a-Pewter or f-Steel

Hmm, hmm. Perhaps I'll get in on the heist end and play a witty fellow with a Specialty of "Getting out again" (emphasis on Wits and Spirit)?
Sir Jerric

Name: Lestopher Grant

asr :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 8/8

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 6/6 -- Wil: 11/11
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Seeking adventure
Profession: Broadsheet editor
Specialty: Getting out again
Feature: Notices everything
Personality: Dour

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
PowersPowersPowers(Gun Stunt) - Quicker Draw (Quick Draw without penalty; choose Attr. in duels)
(Gun Stunt) - Point Blank (min Close->min Striking; pistol melee +1 dam. @Touch/Touch)
InventoryInventoryInventory(p) Sterrion 36 revolver (+2 damage; 6 shots; Close/Medium)
(p) Hunting Knife (+2 damage; Touch/Striking)
(p) Bulletproof Vest (-2 physical damage)
(p) Rope and grapple

satm_ap: 1

Postby bobbyboone » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:21 pm

Sounds like a good plan Sir Jerric! This should be a fun adventure! I think I'm going to go ahead and close submissions. It's been up a day, we have 5 players, and there has been absolutely no activity on the threads I made on Crafty and 17th Shard. Except for Hero's comment, which made my day. ;)

So, how do I get this thing started? :D
bobbyboone

Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:33 am

Well you get the players to come up with a crew and characters, and get one of the admins to start a subforum for you (oh hey that would be me). How do you want your subform laid out?

typically it's something like:

Statue at the Manor
  • General
  • Character Sheets
  • Safehouse
  • Action
  • Narrator's notes (which only you can see)

Personally I like combining "General" and "Safehouse" into one sub-subforum, and using that for out of game sorts of things, like posting House Rules and making general announcements about the game.

Also, it's up to you whether you want your game's subforum (or just parts of it) visible to everyone, members only, or just players in your game (See a few of the other games that are ongoing. For example, I believe my J:LA game is visible to everyone, but the vast majority of my Dying Light sub-subforms (there are more than a dozen) are hidden from public view to prevent spoilers).
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Elsander Feltri

asr :
Phy: 2 -- Res: 5/5 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 7/7 -- Rep: 11/11

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Get back at my Father
Profession: Senator's son
Specialty: Reading other people
Feature: Charming Smile
Personality: Condescending
PowersPowersPowersZinc (Allomancy): 5
- Stunts: Riot Aim
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Misting Vial: Contains 3 charges of Zinc
(PP) Terringul Ripper: +1 Damage, 12/12 shots, Range: Close/Medium *(This weapon can be fired as a normal firearm (using shots), or as a rotary gun (using a salvo). Firing a salvo requires at least 10 shots.)
(P) Formal Clothing: Useful when (patronizing one's inferior companions) blending into high society events like formal dances and gatherings
(P) Pocketwatch: A small timepiece that keeps good time

Postby Claincy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:12 am

Once you have the forums set up and the characters settled let me know and I'll set up sidebar stats for you :)
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby bobbyboone » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:20 am

Yeah, that works great. Combining Safehouse and General would be good. And thanks Claincy!

So, until we get the subforum, anyone with ideas about the Crew can post them in this thread.
bobbyboone

Narrator

Postby Kurkistan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:26 am

In the interests of making things run more smoothly I'd be okay backing out of this quest and putting it at 4 players.

One thing I've noted both IRL and in PBP is that overhead/speed suffers the more people there are to juggle, so if we're trying for a "let's get going and have a quick, highly-active campaign!" then having a lot of crew members might not be for the best.
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Postby bobbyboone » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:34 am

That's very altruistic of you, @Kurk. I certainly would like having you here, but I trust your analysis as well. If you want to stay, please do, but if you feel it would help make the game more successful, then I accept your noble sacrifice! :cry: Perhaps if this game continues after the initial adventure we'll fit in a Southern Ambassador!
bobbyboone

Narrator

PreviousNext

Return to Safehouse