The Statue at the Manor

Statue at the Manor Safehouse

Moderator: bobbyboone

Postby bobbyboone » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:42 am

Thanks Hero, I would hope that I'm the kind of GM that is reasonable, haha! You've all made some good points.

Let me just add one thing. I think it was a mistake for me to name the adventure "The Statue at the Manor" (that's the name I gave it in my notes) because it has given you guys a lot of baggage already. I'm not going to say whether or not your guesses and ideas are correct, but I would rather you pick a character you want to play, instead of one you think will totally break the adventure.

Though, in Kadrok's case, I think he thinks he's got both. 3:D

EDIT: grammar
bobbyboone

Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:54 pm

I got a few minutes at lunch so I got started on my character, Alsander Feltri. You can find what I've done so far here.

Since SirJerric already made a no-powers character, even though I already called that role *grumble grumble glare* (j/k, it's cool. ;) ) I decided to give Alsander an allomantic power, and in his role of dealing with the social side of things (plus with the convenient backstory I found in the Elendel broadsheet), rioting seemed to fit well.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Elsander Feltri

asr :
Phy: 2 -- Res: 5/5 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 7/7 -- Rep: 11/11

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Get back at my Father
Profession: Senator's son
Specialty: Reading other people
Feature: Charming Smile
Personality: Condescending
PowersPowersPowersZinc (Allomancy): 5
- Stunts: Riot Aim
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Misting Vial: Contains 3 charges of Zinc
(PP) Terringul Ripper: +1 Damage, 12/12 shots, Range: Close/Medium *(This weapon can be fired as a normal firearm (using shots), or as a rotary gun (using a salvo). Firing a salvo requires at least 10 shots.)
(P) Formal Clothing: Useful when (patronizing one's inferior companions) blending into high society events like formal dances and gatherings
(P) Pocketwatch: A small timepiece that keeps good time

Postby Sir Jerric » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:15 pm

Hero and I must be thinking along similar lines. I had been trying to design a Zinc or Brass alternative to my current draft, just to see which I liked better. I'm not sure why you don't want to do a weak powers as well--I don't see any reason a crew must have only one. You're the social, info-gathering face man. I'm the quick-thinking, escapes-by-the-skin-of-his-teeth guy. Who used to do cubicle work for the local broadsheet publisher. ;)

@Mac: Another idea that occurred to me. A while back, I built a Koloss-blooded Tineye as a Villain for one of my campaigns. I introduced him by sneaking up behind the crew's Tineye while on rooftop watch. Nothing quite like turning around to find a giant looming over you.
Sir Jerric

Name: Lestopher Grant

asr :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 8/8

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 6/6 -- Wil: 11/11
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Seeking adventure
Profession: Broadsheet editor
Specialty: Getting out again
Feature: Notices everything
Personality: Dour

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
PowersPowersPowers(Gun Stunt) - Quicker Draw (Quick Draw without penalty; choose Attr. in duels)
(Gun Stunt) - Point Blank (min Close->min Striking; pistol melee +1 dam. @Touch/Touch)
InventoryInventoryInventory(p) Sterrion 36 revolver (+2 damage; 6 shots; Close/Medium)
(p) Hunting Knife (+2 damage; Touch/Striking)
(p) Bulletproof Vest (-2 physical damage)
(p) Rope and grapple

satm_ap: 1

Postby Kadrok » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:50 pm

Sir Jerric wrote:@Mac: Another idea that occurred to me. A while back, I built a Koloss-blooded Tineye as a Villain for one of my campaigns. I introduced him by sneaking up behind the crew's Tineye while on rooftop watch. Nothing quite like turning around to find a giant looming over you.
Dammit, you beat me to it! I was just going to suggest Mac go with a Koloss-blooded Tineye! :lol: :lol: :lol:

bobbyboone wrote:I'm not going to say whether or not your guesses and ideas are correct, but I would rather you pick a character you want to play, instead of one you think will totally break the adventure.

Though, in Kadrok's case, I think he thinks he's got both. 3:D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't actually care whether Iron/Iron is effective in this scenario, I just love it to bits and would play it even on a crew made up entirely of Steel-compounders (with the exception of me, obviously).
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Sara Jasie Hasting

asr :

Cha: 3 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 3/3 -- Wil: 7/7
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Thirst for power
Profession: Scion
Specialty: Creative tinker
Feature: Striking beauty
Personality: Confident
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy
Iron 4
-Iron-sight
-Multiple Targets

Feruchemy
Iron 4
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Iron bracers (2) - Each stores 100 charges of Weight; one worn on each wrist; Twinborn kits
(P) Misting vials (2) - Each contains 3 charges of Iron; Twinborn kits
(P) Pocket watch - A popular symbol of wealth; keeps good time
(PP) Tekiel Zephyr - Horseless carriage; a stylish gasoline powered mechanical conveyance made primarily of brass and steel

Postby Mac » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:01 am

Kadrok wrote: even on a crew made up entirely of Steel-compounders (with the exception of me, obviously).

In a world of Pushes, only one man dared to Pull...
Mac

Name: Red

asr :
Phy: 7 -- Res: 2/2 -- Hea: 9/9

Cha: 2 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 4/4 -- Wil: 9/9
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Understand Human Culture
Profession: Steward
Specialty: Stealth
Feature: Long-arms
Personality: Serious
PowersPowersPowersKoloss-Blood (+1 to Physique, +2 dice in rolls involving physical strength)

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Tin-ker (By using your finely-honed senses, you can detect structural and manufacturing defects in a mechanical object or device, allowing you to quickly disable it. While burning Tin, the Difficulty of all rolls to disable simple objects such as a locks, door hinges, or pulleys is reduced by 2, while the Difficulty of rolls to disable more complex objects such as guns, automobiles, or electrical systems is reduced by 1. In either case, this Difficulty cannot be reduced below 1.)
InventoryInventoryInventoryTin Misting Vial (P)
Sheathknives (P) (Dmg +1 Touch/Touch, Thin knives which are easily concealed in sleeves.)

Postby Mac » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:56 pm

Hrm... I know I said I was trying to avoid making a "strong" powers character like I always do... but I'll confess I've never made a koloss-blood before. Koloss-blooded Tineye it is.
Mac

Name: Red

asr :
Phy: 7 -- Res: 2/2 -- Hea: 9/9

Cha: 2 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 4/4 -- Wil: 9/9
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Understand Human Culture
Profession: Steward
Specialty: Stealth
Feature: Long-arms
Personality: Serious
PowersPowersPowersKoloss-Blood (+1 to Physique, +2 dice in rolls involving physical strength)

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Tin-ker (By using your finely-honed senses, you can detect structural and manufacturing defects in a mechanical object or device, allowing you to quickly disable it. While burning Tin, the Difficulty of all rolls to disable simple objects such as a locks, door hinges, or pulleys is reduced by 2, while the Difficulty of rolls to disable more complex objects such as guns, automobiles, or electrical systems is reduced by 1. In either case, this Difficulty cannot be reduced below 1.)
InventoryInventoryInventoryTin Misting Vial (P)
Sheathknives (P) (Dmg +1 Touch/Touch, Thin knives which are easily concealed in sleeves.)

Postby Claincy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:09 pm

Subforum is set up. Narrator's notes is hidden and you have basic mod permissions to lock/merge/move/split topics within your subforum. :D

If there is anything you want me to adjust about it just let me know.
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby bobbyboone » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:48 pm

Can you move this thread into the Safehouse subforum? Thanks! :)
bobbyboone

Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:55 pm

Mac wrote:
Kadrok wrote: even on a crew made up entirely of Steel-compounders (with the exception of me, obviously).

In a world of Pushes, only one man dared to Pull...
Or woman in this case :D
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Sara Jasie Hasting

asr :

Cha: 3 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 3/3 -- Wil: 7/7
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Thirst for power
Profession: Scion
Specialty: Creative tinker
Feature: Striking beauty
Personality: Confident
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy
Iron 4
-Iron-sight
-Multiple Targets

Feruchemy
Iron 4
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Iron bracers (2) - Each stores 100 charges of Weight; one worn on each wrist; Twinborn kits
(P) Misting vials (2) - Each contains 3 charges of Iron; Twinborn kits
(P) Pocket watch - A popular symbol of wealth; keeps good time
(PP) Tekiel Zephyr - Horseless carriage; a stylish gasoline powered mechanical conveyance made primarily of brass and steel

Postby Claincy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:09 am

Just about got the profile fields sorted :D Just a couple of tweaks to do.

Edit: Done 8-) Enjoy! And let me know if anything isn't working right.
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

PreviousNext

Return to Safehouse