Chapter 0: Proposition or Plea?

Statue at the Manor Action

Moderator: bobbyboone

Postby bobbyboone » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:14 pm

I'll go ahead and say that Kadrok's roll for a dress also included your steward's uniform/robes,
so you're covered there.
bobbyboone

Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:50 pm

Elsander takes another draw on his cigarette, looking thoughtful. "Someone in Lord Deloxan's party is stealing things from other noble households? Scandalous. Perhaps this auction won't be so dull after all. You're right about the reporters though- they'll be too focused on the high-born and the items up for auction to do any real investigation. No, you must come along too, my friend. *I'll get you an invitation, and we should make sure Sara comes along with her pet Koloss- Nothing can create a diversion quite like a Koloss-blooded steward of all things." He chuckles, shaking his head ruefully.

"So, what exactly did Lord Deloxan filch?"

*Obviously, Elsander doesn't know that Lestopher already has invitations.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Elsander Feltri

asr :
Phy: 2 -- Res: 5/5 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 7/7 -- Rep: 11/11

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Get back at my Father
Profession: Senator's son
Specialty: Reading other people
Feature: Charming Smile
Personality: Condescending
PowersPowersPowersZinc (Allomancy): 5
- Stunts: Riot Aim
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Misting Vial: Contains 3 charges of Zinc
(PP) Terringul Ripper: +1 Damage, 12/12 shots, Range: Close/Medium *(This weapon can be fired as a normal firearm (using shots), or as a rotary gun (using a salvo). Firing a salvo requires at least 10 shots.)
(P) Formal Clothing: Useful when (patronizing one's inferior companions) blending into high society events like formal dances and gatherings
(P) Pocketwatch: A small timepiece that keeps good time

Postby Sir Jerric » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:48 am

Well, if you're going to deny me a four-player planning session, I suppose I'll have to work with Elsander here and now. *Makes greatly exagerated pout face*

"Don't bother yourself about getting an invitation for me." Grant says as he fans out the invitations he is holding. "Raisaal handed me an excess of them."

Grant sits down at his desk, drops the key back in its drawer, and writes down the lists of items and guests while they are fresh. While he writes, he says, "The real problem with our reporters is that the Basin and Beyond only has about two or three in Elendel at a time. Most of our reporters are out in the Basin at large---or beyond, as the title suggests. Those who are in the city generally have a dozen events to choose among on any given day. Lord Deloxan's auction would be scarcely a blip to their bronze."

Grant slides his notes over on the desk for Elsander to read.
***Official Report - Constabulary of New Seran***

Description of Item(s)
A silver and sapphire necklace
A gold pocket watch
A small copper figurine of a Terrisman Steward
A mist ball (featuring Kredik Shaw) with a bronze base (It's like a snowglobe :D )
A collectible aluminum coin

Signed Faldrin Scott, Constabulary Secretary of New Seran

Guests: Lord and Lady Deloxan, their son Arlin Deloxan, their Steward Joran, a few servants, and a few bodyguards.
Philio Raisaal hosted Lord Erol Deloxan and his party at a manor outside New Seran, during the Canal Expo.
Deloxan brought pieces with him to display at an art exhibit during the event.
"Thief" might have stashed the stolen items among Deloxan's art pieces.
"Thief" might be selling the stolen items during the art auction.
Raisaal is desperate for the stolen items to be returned. They are sentimental to his family.
Raisaal is at the Misty River Hotel, 4th Octant.

"Under the assumption that Raisaal is correct about the items being sold at the auction, the thief would need to be in a position to claim the money for those sales. A back room event, or someone who would already be handling the proceeds? But I'm assuming money was even a motive." Grants sighs and slumps back in his chair. "With so few facts to work from, practically everything is on the table. I don't see any clear line of inquiry."
Sir Jerric

Name: Lestopher Grant

asr :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 8/8

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 6/6 -- Wil: 11/11
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Seeking adventure
Profession: Broadsheet editor
Specialty: Getting out again
Feature: Notices everything
Personality: Dour

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
PowersPowersPowers(Gun Stunt) - Quicker Draw (Quick Draw without penalty; choose Attr. in duels)
(Gun Stunt) - Point Blank (min Close->min Striking; pistol melee +1 dam. @Touch/Touch)
InventoryInventoryInventory(p) Sterrion 36 revolver (+2 damage; 6 shots; Close/Medium)
(p) Hunting Knife (+2 damage; Touch/Striking)
(p) Bulletproof Vest (-2 physical damage)
(p) Rope and grapple

satm_ap: 1

Postby Herowannabe » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:47 pm

Elsander reads the notes over. "Mm, yes. We'll want someone to search through the art pieces for any sign of the stolen items, and we'll also want someone to keep an eye on Deloxan's party- see if any of them try sneaking away to make clandestine business deals. Perhaps we should bring in Sara and her Koloss sooner, so that we can plan this out, yes?"

There you go, no need to pout. ;)
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Elsander Feltri

asr :

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 7/7 -- Rep: 11/11

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Get back at my Father
Profession: Senator's son
Specialty: Reading other people
Feature: Charming Smile
Personality: Condescending
PowersPowersPowersZinc (Allomancy): 5
- Stunts: Riot Aim
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Misting Vial: Contains 3 charges of Zinc
(PP) Terringul Ripper: +1 Damage, 12/12 shots, Range: Close/Medium *(This weapon can be fired as a normal firearm (using shots), or as a rotary gun (using a salvo). Firing a salvo requires at least 10 shots.)
(P) Formal Clothing: Useful when (patronizing one's inferior companions) blending into high society events like formal dances and gatherings
(P) Pocketwatch: A small timepiece that keeps good time

Postby Sir Jerric » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:29 am

And cut. Scene ends; that's a wrap. Unless the Narrator has another idea?

Do we move to the Safehouse for a planning session, or do we continue in this thread? Where do we usually meet anyway? :)
Sir Jerric

Name: Lestopher Grant

asr :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 8/8

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 6/6 -- Wil: 11/11
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Seeking adventure
Profession: Broadsheet editor
Specialty: Getting out again
Feature: Notices everything
Personality: Dour

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
PowersPowersPowers(Gun Stunt) - Quicker Draw (Quick Draw without penalty; choose Attr. in duels)
(Gun Stunt) - Point Blank (min Close->min Striking; pistol melee +1 dam. @Touch/Touch)
InventoryInventoryInventory(p) Sterrion 36 revolver (+2 damage; 6 shots; Close/Medium)
(p) Hunting Knife (+2 damage; Touch/Striking)
(p) Bulletproof Vest (-2 physical damage)
(p) Rope and grapple

satm_ap: 1

Postby Kadrok » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:02 am

You could visit Sara's Manorhouse. Its grounds are rather small, given the city and the family's position, but it will do.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Sara Jasie Hasting

asr :

Cha: 3 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 3/3 -- Wil: 7/7
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Thirst for power
Profession: Scion
Specialty: Creative tinker
Feature: Striking beauty
Personality: Confident
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy
Iron 4
-Iron-sight
-Multiple Targets

Feruchemy
Iron 4
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Iron bracers (2) - Each stores 100 charges of Weight; one worn on each wrist; Twinborn kits
(P) Misting vials (2) - Each contains 3 charges of Iron; Twinborn kits
(P) Pocket watch - A popular symbol of wealth; keeps good time
(PP) Tekiel Zephyr - Horseless carriage; a stylish gasoline powered mechanical conveyance made primarily of brass and steel

Postby Mac » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:27 am

I shall have an appropriate assortment of light fare ready for your arrival.
Mac

Name: Red

asr :
Phy: 7 -- Res: 2/2 -- Hea: 9/9

Cha: 2 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 4/4 -- Wil: 9/9
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Understand Human Culture
Profession: Steward
Specialty: Stealth
Feature: Long-arms
Personality: Serious
PowersPowersPowersKoloss-Blood (+1 to Physique, +2 dice in rolls involving physical strength)

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Tin-ker (By using your finely-honed senses, you can detect structural and manufacturing defects in a mechanical object or device, allowing you to quickly disable it. While burning Tin, the Difficulty of all rolls to disable simple objects such as a locks, door hinges, or pulleys is reduced by 2, while the Difficulty of rolls to disable more complex objects such as guns, automobiles, or electrical systems is reduced by 1. In either case, this Difficulty cannot be reduced below 1.)
InventoryInventoryInventoryTin Misting Vial (P)
Sheathknives (P) (Dmg +1 Touch/Touch, Thin knives which are easily concealed in sleeves.)

Postby bobbyboone » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:43 pm

Sweet, lets head to Sara's manor then. I'll start a new thread so things are more organized,
but it will be in action.
bobbyboone

Narrator

Previous

Return to Action