Chapter 0: Proposition or Plea?

Statue at the Manor Action

Moderator: bobbyboone

Postby Sir Jerric » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:15 pm

@Mac: Any of these suit your fancy?
FFBF00 -- Are you after something similar?
FFBF40 -- Are you after something similar?
DFAF20 -- Are you after something similar?
I wrote:FFBF00 -- Are you after something similar?
FFBF40 -- Are you after something similar?
DFAF20 -- Are you after something similar?

I think I'd still avoid the last one, myself.
Sir Jerric

Name: Lestopher Grant

asr :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 8/8

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 6/6 -- Wil: 11/11
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Seeking adventure
Profession: Broadsheet editor
Specialty: Getting out again
Feature: Notices everything
Personality: Dour

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
PowersPowersPowers(Gun Stunt) - Quicker Draw (Quick Draw without penalty; choose Attr. in duels)
(Gun Stunt) - Point Blank (min Close->min Striking; pistol melee +1 dam. @Touch/Touch)
InventoryInventoryInventory(p) Sterrion 36 revolver (+2 damage; 6 shots; Close/Medium)
(p) Hunting Knife (+2 damage; Touch/Striking)
(p) Bulletproof Vest (-2 physical damage)
(p) Rope and grapple

satm_ap: 1

Postby Mac » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:17 pm

Of them all I think the top one is the most readable...

...but not very readable. Maybe I should just revamp the color, entirely.
Mac

Name: Red

asr :
Phy: 7 -- Res: 2/2 -- Hea: 9/9

Cha: 2 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 4/4 -- Wil: 9/9
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Understand Human Culture
Profession: Steward
Specialty: Stealth
Feature: Long-arms
Personality: Serious
PowersPowersPowersKoloss-Blood (+1 to Physique, +2 dice in rolls involving physical strength)

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Tin-ker (By using your finely-honed senses, you can detect structural and manufacturing defects in a mechanical object or device, allowing you to quickly disable it. While burning Tin, the Difficulty of all rolls to disable simple objects such as a locks, door hinges, or pulleys is reduced by 2, while the Difficulty of rolls to disable more complex objects such as guns, automobiles, or electrical systems is reduced by 1. In either case, this Difficulty cannot be reduced below 1.)
InventoryInventoryInventoryTin Misting Vial (P)
Sheathknives (P) (Dmg +1 Touch/Touch, Thin knives which are easily concealed in sleeves.)

Postby bobbyboone » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:52 pm

Sir Jerric wrote:Grant raises his eyebrows at the mention of the "thief" inviting the victim to an auction, but he decides that Raisaal is not the type to notice or care about little inconsistencies.

I'm making a note here because my writing wasn't clear, but Raisaal believes a member of House Deloxan is responsible, not necessarily Lord Deloxan himself.

Sir Jerric wrote:To avoid having to quote a number right off, he asks, "Wouldn't we need a description of the stolen goods to confirm their presence at the auction?"

"Oh! Of course, I'm terribly sorry," says Raisaal, searching his pockets yet again. "As I said, I forget how flustered I get without my steward. My brother is very inconsiderate. He didn't even tell me where he is going this time!"

He finally produces a document describing the items he has claimed were stolen:

***Official Report - Constabulary of New Seran***

Description of Item(s)
A silver and sapphire necklace
A gold pocket watch
A small copper figurine of a Terrisman Steward
A mist ball (featuring Kredik Shaw) with a bronze base (It's like a snowglobe :D )
A collectible aluminum coin

Signed Faldrin Scott, Constabulary Secretary of New Seran

"To be honest, besides the necklace and the coin, none of these are worth a great deal, but they all hold sentimental value to myself and my house." He watches as Grant looks over the report carefully. "When the men I spoke to upstairs sent me down to you, at first I thought they were brushing me off, but I can see they sent me to a man with a keen mind. Here." He hands him the invitations, save for two, and waits for any questions.

I would think that if Grant knows Sara, he would know Sara will attend the party, meaning Red will be there. Since the party won't happen til tomorrow, Grant could very reasonably contact Red.
I'm not sure if the connection to Elsander has been established yet, so I'll wait to comment.
bobbyboone

Narrator

Postby Sir Jerric » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:07 pm

Does anyone else have any suggested questions? Other than a request for where/how to contact Raisaal to follow up, nothing else is coming to mind at the moment.

bobbyboone wrote:I'm making a note here because my writing wasn't clear, but Raisaal believes a member of House Deloxan is responsible, not necessarily Lord Deloxan himself.

That was my fault. The writing was quite clear enough, but it had slipped my mind when I was composing that statement. Though that does suggest ...

Grant frowns, but keeps his tone polite. "Can you recall who all were in Lord Deloxan's party when the theft occurred? I'd hate to accidentally let a suspect know that they are suspected."
Sir Jerric

Name: Lestopher Grant

asr :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 8/8

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 6/6 -- Wil: 11/11
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Seeking adventure
Profession: Broadsheet editor
Specialty: Getting out again
Feature: Notices everything
Personality: Dour

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
PowersPowersPowers(Gun Stunt) - Quicker Draw (Quick Draw without penalty; choose Attr. in duels)
(Gun Stunt) - Point Blank (min Close->min Striking; pistol melee +1 dam. @Touch/Touch)
InventoryInventoryInventory(p) Sterrion 36 revolver (+2 damage; 6 shots; Close/Medium)
(p) Hunting Knife (+2 damage; Touch/Striking)
(p) Bulletproof Vest (-2 physical damage)
(p) Rope and grapple

satm_ap: 1

Postby Herowannabe » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:58 am

@ Mac, how about something more in line with the color of Red's skin? Basically many of the colors on the top row of the color palette. Something like...
color=#000040
color=#000080
color=#0000BF
color=#004080
color=#404080
color=#000040]
color=#000080]
color=#0000BF
color=#004080
color=#404080

As for Elsander's connection with the crew, I see him more as either a bit of a newcomer- or actually more like an interloper- in the crew. Occasionally popping in to hang out and help out with the odd job escapade, whenever Elsander can get away from his familial duties. As for how they all met- Elsander probably sought them out, looking for a bit of adventure to spice up his otherwise dreary life. Or perhaps Sara roped him in for a job and he stuck around (he would have secretly been intrigued by her Koloss attendant, as well as her nature as an Iron Compounder (if that's publicly known)).

Anyway, speaking of Elsander popping in occasionally...

The door to the room swings open and Grant catches the distinctive spicy scent of Elsander's cigarette- Golden Ensign brand, imported from Mycondwell- before the young lordling rounds the corner to Grant's cubical. "Grant, I know that there is little chance that you'll be able to pull the necessary strings, but Father insisted that I ask-" He cuts off as he notices Raisaal.

"Ah, my apologies. I hope I'm not interrupting?"

Making a quick Influence check to see if Elsander recognizes Raisaal.
Out of Character. Click to reveal.
Herowannabe rolled 7d6:
2, 2, 1, 3, 5, 2, 1

EDIT: And I just noticed that this guy mentioned the Canal Expo. Seeing as Elsander's dad holds one of the canal worker's senate seats, I'm going to add +1D for "Senator's son" too

Herowannabe rolled 1d6:

Well, okay then. Thanks to Elsander's dad for dragging him along to boring conventions. :roll:

"Ah, Philio, is it not? We met at the canal expo the other week. Mists above but that was a dull event, wouldn't you agree? Hopefully next year we can arrange to have a proper expo here in Elendel."

*There's a bit of Elsander's condescending nature coming out. DISCLAIMER: I plan on playing that up a lot with this character, so get used to it everyone. ;)
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Elsander Feltri

asr :
Phy: 2 -- Res: 5/5 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 7/7 -- Rep: 11/11

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Get back at my Father
Profession: Senator's son
Specialty: Reading other people
Feature: Charming Smile
Personality: Condescending
PowersPowersPowersZinc (Allomancy): 5
- Stunts: Riot Aim
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Misting Vial: Contains 3 charges of Zinc
(PP) Terringul Ripper: +1 Damage, 12/12 shots, Range: Close/Medium *(This weapon can be fired as a normal firearm (using shots), or as a rotary gun (using a salvo). Firing a salvo requires at least 10 shots.)
(P) Formal Clothing: Useful when (patronizing one's inferior companions) blending into high society events like formal dances and gatherings
(P) Pocketwatch: A small timepiece that keeps good time

Postby bobbyboone » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:06 pm

Herowannabe wrote:PIP

Are you still PIPpin' @Hero?
bobbyboone

Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:35 pm

bobbyboone wrote:
Herowannabe wrote:PIP

Are you still PIPpin' @Hero?

Whoops! No, I'm done. Sorry about that. I blame it on posting late at night and not paying attention.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Elsander Feltri

asr :

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 7/7 -- Rep: 11/11

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Get back at my Father
Profession: Senator's son
Specialty: Reading other people
Feature: Charming Smile
Personality: Condescending
PowersPowersPowersZinc (Allomancy): 5
- Stunts: Riot Aim
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Misting Vial: Contains 3 charges of Zinc
(PP) Terringul Ripper: +1 Damage, 12/12 shots, Range: Close/Medium *(This weapon can be fired as a normal firearm (using shots), or as a rotary gun (using a salvo). Firing a salvo requires at least 10 shots.)
(P) Formal Clothing: Useful when (patronizing one's inferior companions) blending into high society events like formal dances and gatherings
(P) Pocketwatch: A small timepiece that keeps good time

Postby Mac » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:49 pm

Herowannabe wrote:color=#0000BF

Hrm, this one is Kurk, and I think the others might be too close. I tried grays and silvers but they are too difficult to read. How does purple look? Is this too close to Kad?
Mac

Name: Red

asr :
Phy: 7 -- Res: 2/2 -- Hea: 9/9

Cha: 2 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 4/4 -- Wil: 9/9
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Understand Human Culture
Profession: Steward
Specialty: Stealth
Feature: Long-arms
Personality: Serious
PowersPowersPowersKoloss-Blood (+1 to Physique, +2 dice in rolls involving physical strength)

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Tin-ker (By using your finely-honed senses, you can detect structural and manufacturing defects in a mechanical object or device, allowing you to quickly disable it. While burning Tin, the Difficulty of all rolls to disable simple objects such as a locks, door hinges, or pulleys is reduced by 2, while the Difficulty of rolls to disable more complex objects such as guns, automobiles, or electrical systems is reduced by 1. In either case, this Difficulty cannot be reduced below 1.)
InventoryInventoryInventoryTin Misting Vial (P)
Sheathknives (P) (Dmg +1 Touch/Touch, Thin knives which are easily concealed in sleeves.)

Postby Kadrok » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:31 pm

Nah, that's fine.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Sara Jasie Hasting

asr :

Cha: 3 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 3/3 -- Wil: 7/7
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Thirst for power
Profession: Scion
Specialty: Creative tinker
Feature: Striking beauty
Personality: Confident
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy
Iron 4
-Iron-sight
-Multiple Targets

Feruchemy
Iron 4
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Iron bracers (2) - Each stores 100 charges of Weight; one worn on each wrist; Twinborn kits
(P) Misting vials (2) - Each contains 3 charges of Iron; Twinborn kits
(P) Pocket watch - A popular symbol of wealth; keeps good time
(PP) Tekiel Zephyr - Horseless carriage; a stylish gasoline powered mechanical conveyance made primarily of brass and steel

Postby bobbyboone » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:00 am

Herowannabe wrote:Whoops! No, I'm done. Sorry about that. I blame it on posting late at night and not paying attention.

No worries!

Raisaal smiles cordially, "Elsander Feltri, it is a pleasant surprise indeed! You two know each other?" He seems impressed at Grant's connections. "I assure you, you aren't interrupting anything. I was just speaking with this fine gentleman about the art gallery and auction Lord Deloxan is hosting. I assume you'll be there? Your father is quite the crusader for the Canal system. It was pleasant having the Senator over for the get-together at my manor." He cocks one eyebrow, "Pity you couldn't make it."

"It was quite enjoyable having Lord and Lady Deloxan, along with their son, Arlin. Of course they had a few servants, and their Steward Joran. Plus a few bodyguards. It was quite the houseful." He chuckles. Elsander's face briefly shows some confusion at the abrupt list of guests, but it's quickly erased.
bobbyboone

Narrator

PreviousNext

Return to Action