Chapter 0: Proposition or Plea?

Statue at the Manor Action

Moderator: bobbyboone

Postby Sir Jerric » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:19 am

Grant will allow Elsander to steer the conversation, not interrupting unless I either see a good opportunity for a query, or if Raisaal is going to leave---at which point Grant will do as stated before and get contact information before he departs.
Sir Jerric

Name: Lestopher Grant

asr :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 8/8

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 6/6 -- Wil: 11/11
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Seeking adventure
Profession: Broadsheet editor
Specialty: Getting out again
Feature: Notices everything
Personality: Dour

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
PowersPowersPowers(Gun Stunt) - Quicker Draw (Quick Draw without penalty; choose Attr. in duels)
(Gun Stunt) - Point Blank (min Close->min Striking; pistol melee +1 dam. @Touch/Touch)
InventoryInventoryInventory(p) Sterrion 36 revolver (+2 damage; 6 shots; Close/Medium)
(p) Hunting Knife (+2 damage; Touch/Striking)
(p) Bulletproof Vest (-2 physical damage)
(p) Rope and grapple

satm_ap: 1

Postby Herowannabe » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:47 am

Elsander takes a draw on his cigarette to cover his confusion. Which get-together was that again? There were always so many of them- everyone seemed to want a chance to suck-up to Father, especially now that he holds a seat in the Senate.

"Ah yes, the auction. Father did mention that. I haven't found an excuse to get out of going yet, so you'll probably see me there."

Elsander will keep up the small talk for a few minutes if Raisaal does, but unless Raisall or Grant (or @SirJerric would you prefer Lestopher?) is planning on saying anything important we can probably gloss over the small talk.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Elsander Feltri

asr :
Phy: 2 -- Res: 5/5 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 7/7 -- Rep: 11/11

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Get back at my Father
Profession: Senator's son
Specialty: Reading other people
Feature: Charming Smile
Personality: Condescending
PowersPowersPowersZinc (Allomancy): 5
- Stunts: Riot Aim
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Misting Vial: Contains 3 charges of Zinc
(PP) Terringul Ripper: +1 Damage, 12/12 shots, Range: Close/Medium *(This weapon can be fired as a normal firearm (using shots), or as a rotary gun (using a salvo). Firing a salvo requires at least 10 shots.)
(P) Formal Clothing: Useful when (patronizing one's inferior companions) blending into high society events like formal dances and gatherings
(P) Pocketwatch: A small timepiece that keeps good time

Postby bobbyboone » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:34 pm

After a bit of banter back and forth, Raisaal comes to the conclusion that Elsander isn't going to let him and Lestopher get back to their conversation. He turns to Grant. "I can get you a detailed list tomorrow at the same time or you may contact me at the Misty River Hotel, 4th Octant. I'll be at the auction tomorrow, of course. Good day." He bows again to Grant and nods to Elsander.

Unless Grant or Elsander says something to keep him there, Raisaal leaves.

In the interest of keeping things moving. Also, so we can get Kadrok and Mac involved sooner!
bobbyboone

Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:10 pm

Once Raisaal has made his exit, Elsander turns to Grant and says, "Interesting chap. What did he want from you?"
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Elsander Feltri

asr :

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 7/7 -- Rep: 11/11

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Get back at my Father
Profession: Senator's son
Specialty: Reading other people
Feature: Charming Smile
Personality: Condescending
PowersPowersPowersZinc (Allomancy): 5
- Stunts: Riot Aim
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Misting Vial: Contains 3 charges of Zinc
(PP) Terringul Ripper: +1 Damage, 12/12 shots, Range: Close/Medium *(This weapon can be fired as a normal firearm (using shots), or as a rotary gun (using a salvo). Firing a salvo requires at least 10 shots.)
(P) Formal Clothing: Useful when (patronizing one's inferior companions) blending into high society events like formal dances and gatherings
(P) Pocketwatch: A small timepiece that keeps good time

Postby Sir Jerric » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:59 pm

"He wants a reporter to write an exposé to . . ." Grant shakes his head and starts from the top. "Raisaal suspects that someone in Lord Deloxan's party stole several items during a recent visit to his home. He expects a reporter to look around the art auction, find the missing items among the goods, and raise enough of a stink to reclaim the items for him."

Grant grimaces, or perhaps smiles mockingly. "I don't think any reporter could make that much impact with just the threat of an article in the Basin and Beyond. And knowing the reporters around here, chances are none of them will be interested in cancelling their plans to attend a minor lord's art auction, no matter how scandalous Raisaal's story---which it isn't."

I don't believe we have established time-of-day, but shall we assume that Grant has (or will soon have) the freedom to depart, so we can get together with the others at the "safehouse" and make plans? We can continue this conversation if you have something interesting to say or want to roleplay talking Grant into taking on the job personally. Otherwise, I'm going to assume my original plan of failing to entice the reporters and talking himself into wanting to go will play out as described before.
Sir Jerric

Name: Lestopher Grant

asr :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 8/8

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 6/6 -- Wil: 11/11
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Seeking adventure
Profession: Broadsheet editor
Specialty: Getting out again
Feature: Notices everything
Personality: Dour

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
PowersPowersPowers(Gun Stunt) - Quicker Draw (Quick Draw without penalty; choose Attr. in duels)
(Gun Stunt) - Point Blank (min Close->min Striking; pistol melee +1 dam. @Touch/Touch)
InventoryInventoryInventory(p) Sterrion 36 revolver (+2 damage; 6 shots; Close/Medium)
(p) Hunting Knife (+2 damage; Touch/Striking)
(p) Bulletproof Vest (-2 physical damage)
(p) Rope and grapple

satm_ap: 1

Postby bobbyboone » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:37 pm

I think that is how it would naturally play out. Raisaal thinks enough of himself to think Grant is going to do as he says. :) Elsander and Lestopher can have a conversation, then we can transition to how Grant approaches any contacts, or straight to the gallery and auction if you all want.
bobbyboone

Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:19 pm

I'm in no hurry. I'm quite happy to meet you at the auction. It appeals to me from a narrative perspective. Though if you want to do a whole bunch of things before the auction, I guess we should probably meet.

Speaking of the auction, I'll need a dress. Let's check my resources. I'm adding 'Scion' because I feel like a Formal Dress is something someone in my station could reasonably acquire with ease.

Out of Character. Click to reveal.
Kadrok rolled 6d6:
3, 5, 1, 4, 4, 2

Nice. Made the difficulty 2 and spent 1 Resources. Speaking of which, Mac, if Red is my Steward, I'd like him to wear my pocketwatch to this outing, as it doesn't go with my dress. Is that okay? I'll have him keep time for me.

EDIT: Sorry, our fair narrator, I didn't run this by you. Is it okay that Sara is acquiring a dress off-screen for the planned outing?
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Sara Jasie Hasting

asr :

Cha: 3 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 3/3 -- Wil: 7/7
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Thirst for power
Profession: Scion
Specialty: Creative tinker
Feature: Striking beauty
Personality: Confident
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy
Iron 4
-Iron-sight
-Multiple Targets

Feruchemy
Iron 4
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Iron bracers (2) - Each stores 100 charges of Weight; one worn on each wrist; Twinborn kits
(P) Misting vials (2) - Each contains 3 charges of Iron; Twinborn kits
(P) Pocket watch - A popular symbol of wealth; keeps good time
(PP) Tekiel Zephyr - Horseless carriage; a stylish gasoline powered mechanical conveyance made primarily of brass and steel

Postby Mac » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:07 am

Kadrok wrote:Nice. Made the difficulty 2 and spent 1 Resources. Speaking of which, Mac, if Red is my Steward, I'd like him to wear my pocketwatch to this outing, as it doesn't go with my dress. Is that okay? I'll have him keep time for me.

Of course, Your Ladyship.

Hrm, if Lady Hastings and I will show up at the Auction and join the goings-on impromptu (which I confess has a certain flair) I wouldn't think to show up with lock-picks, though I think he's paranoid enough that yes, he would have his knives.
Mac

Name: Red

asr :
Phy: 7 -- Res: 2/2 -- Hea: 9/9

Cha: 2 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 4/4 -- Wil: 9/9
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Understand Human Culture
Profession: Steward
Specialty: Stealth
Feature: Long-arms
Personality: Serious
PowersPowersPowersKoloss-Blood (+1 to Physique, +2 dice in rolls involving physical strength)

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Tin-ker (By using your finely-honed senses, you can detect structural and manufacturing defects in a mechanical object or device, allowing you to quickly disable it. While burning Tin, the Difficulty of all rolls to disable simple objects such as a locks, door hinges, or pulleys is reduced by 2, while the Difficulty of rolls to disable more complex objects such as guns, automobiles, or electrical systems is reduced by 1. In either case, this Difficulty cannot be reduced below 1.)
InventoryInventoryInventoryTin Misting Vial (P)
Sheathknives (P) (Dmg +1 Touch/Touch, Thin knives which are easily concealed in sleeves.)

Postby bobbyboone » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:07 pm

Alrighty then, we'll have everyone meet at the auction. Acquiring a dress off-screen is perfectly acceptable. If anyone else wants to do anything before the actual adventure starts, now is a great time. SirJerric, do you want to give us a short description of Lestopher's thought process and actions leading up to the auction? I'll make up a list of guests that Raisaal remembers, and if you had any more questions for him,
I'll answer those as well.

In addition, if Elsander wants to participate here, too, go ahead!
bobbyboone

Narrator

Postby Mac » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:12 pm

I assume that as long as I don't use it as a prop, I can assume I'm wearing appropriate Steward's clothing?
Mac

Name: Red

asr :
Phy: 7 -- Res: 2/2 -- Hea: 9/9

Cha: 2 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 4/4 -- Wil: 9/9
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Understand Human Culture
Profession: Steward
Specialty: Stealth
Feature: Long-arms
Personality: Serious
PowersPowersPowersKoloss-Blood (+1 to Physique, +2 dice in rolls involving physical strength)

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Tin-ker (By using your finely-honed senses, you can detect structural and manufacturing defects in a mechanical object or device, allowing you to quickly disable it. While burning Tin, the Difficulty of all rolls to disable simple objects such as a locks, door hinges, or pulleys is reduced by 2, while the Difficulty of rolls to disable more complex objects such as guns, automobiles, or electrical systems is reduced by 1. In either case, this Difficulty cannot be reduced below 1.)
InventoryInventoryInventoryTin Misting Vial (P)
Sheathknives (P) (Dmg +1 Touch/Touch, Thin knives which are easily concealed in sleeves.)

PreviousNext

Return to Action