Chapter 0.5: The gang gets together!

Statue at the Manor Action

Moderator: bobbyboone

Postby bobbyboone » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:54 pm

The curtain rises on the modest grounds of Sara Hasting's Manor. Or is it her parents' place? Anyway ...

Lestopher Grant approaches the gate of Sara's Manor, right on time. The evening is young, and it appears tonight will be mist-less. He had sent a message an hour earlier, and Sara's young Koloss-Blooded Servant Red is either waiting for him or enjoying the mild Marshek weather.
bobbyboone

Narrator

Postby Mac » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:10 pm

As Les walks up the short steps to the veranda, the majestic front doors open as though by allomancy to reveal a perfectly-dressed steward, tinningdar pristine and pressed, tailored despite its wearer being atypically short, Hasting colors proud and strong. A polite expression just shy of a smile rests on his lips.

"Master Grant, so kind of you to join us this evening. If you would be so good as to give Tora your coat, I shall show you to the library, where Her Ladyship is prepared to receive you."

The voice, if one didn't know Red, is rather shockingly deeper than one would expect from either a steward or a man of such short stature. Nevertheless, his diction is precise, his tone soft and welcoming, the perfect ideal of a steward after the old Terris fashion. His polite, open arm gesture indicates Tora, one of a pair of butlers who steps out from behind the open doors, the obvious source of their opening.

For the heck of it, let's see how well I did. Charm 2, plus Understand Humans, Steward, and Serious. Fingers crossed! Man I wish this were a Wits roll... If any/all of my traits don't apply, I consider them to be, respectively, in order, the 3, 4, and 5th die (e.g. whatever the 4th die is, it's my Steward die).

Out of Character. Click to reveal.
Mac rolled 5d6:
5, 6, 6, 5, 5
Last edited by Mac on Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac

Name: Red

asr :
Phy: 7 -- Res: 2/2 -- Hea: 9/9

Cha: 2 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 4/4 -- Wil: 9/9
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Understand Human Culture
Profession: Steward
Specialty: Stealth
Feature: Long-arms
Personality: Serious
PowersPowersPowersKoloss-Blood (+1 to Physique, +2 dice in rolls involving physical strength)

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Tin-ker (By using your finely-honed senses, you can detect structural and manufacturing defects in a mechanical object or device, allowing you to quickly disable it. While burning Tin, the Difficulty of all rolls to disable simple objects such as a locks, door hinges, or pulleys is reduced by 2, while the Difficulty of rolls to disable more complex objects such as guns, automobiles, or electrical systems is reduced by 1. In either case, this Difficulty cannot be reduced below 1.)
InventoryInventoryInventoryTin Misting Vial (P)
Sheathknives (P) (Dmg +1 Touch/Touch, Thin knives which are easily concealed in sleeves.)

Postby bobbyboone » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:08 pm

I'll let SirJerric decide how Grant reacts to your incredibly fantastic roll.
bobbyboone

Narrator

Postby Mac » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:49 pm

Yeah I was terrified of editing it to add anything and casting any doubt upon its provenance...
Ladies and gentlemen, the only good roll I will make as this character. ::bow::

Even if you take away the two traits which aren't square on, it's still 5n1, which I will absolutely take.

Also I cannot help but notice by the sidebar stats that I am undead and that no one will ever like me...
Last edited by Mac on Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac

asr :

PowersPowersPowersKoloss-Blood (+1 to Physique, +2 dice in rolls involving physical strength)

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Tin-ker (By using your finely-honed senses, you can detect structural and manufacturing defects in a mechanical object or device, allowing you to quickly disable it. While burning Tin, the Difficulty of all rolls to disable simple objects such as a locks, door hinges, or pulleys is reduced by 2, while the Difficulty of rolls to disable more complex objects such as guns, automobiles, or electrical systems is reduced by 1. In either case, this Difficulty cannot be reduced below 1.)
Sheathknives (P) (Dmg +1 Touch/Touch, Thin knives which are easily concealed in sleeves.)

Postby Kadrok » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:22 pm

It's my estate. My parents have retired to the countryside. I rule this particular (and small) branch of Hastings. I'll be reading in the Library if you want to show them in Red.

I'll probably see you coming if anyone is carrying metal. Iron-sight for the win.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Sara Jasie Hasting

asr :
Phy: 2 -- Res: 5/5 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 3 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 3/3 -- Wil: 7/7
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Thirst for power
Profession: Scion
Specialty: Creative tinker
Feature: Striking beauty
Personality: Confident
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy
Iron 4
-Iron-sight
-Multiple Targets

Feruchemy
Iron 4
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Iron bracers (2) - Each stores 100 charges of Weight; one worn on each wrist; Twinborn kits
(P) Misting vials (2) - Each contains 3 charges of Iron; Twinborn kits
(P) Pocket watch - A popular symbol of wealth; keeps good time
(PP) Tekiel Zephyr - Horseless carriage; a stylish gasoline powered mechanical conveyance made primarily of brass and steel

Postby Mac » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:19 pm

I assume I have some metal on me. Let me confirm that Red is not bearing his knives at the moment, and I assume Lady Sara has not yet entrusted me with her pocketwatch, but I'm sure he has a belt buckle or a few coins in his pocket or something. This isn't the sort of place he would think to expressly not wear metal, especially if he's aware that Her Ladyship is accustomed to tracking people in that manner.
Mac

asr :

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Postby Sir Jerric » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:33 am

Grant smiles to Red as he removes his coat: a knee-length woolen affair that is unfortunately no longer water-resistant after some years of use. Underneath, Grant has a moderately well-tailored shirt under a significantly better tailored vest. He'd paid good money for a outer vest that hid the traces of the bullet-proof vest he wears beneath his shirt.

Grant turns the coat over to Tora. Grant's hunting knife hangs at his waist---the standards of etiquette conveniently not referring to such uncivilized equipment, he has been ignoring it for the last several visits to the Hasting manor. He does unfasten his revolver holster and proffers it to Red. "Always a pleasure to visit Her Ladyship. I do hope you can spare the time to join our discussion, Red. Your insights are ever appreciated. Has Lord Feltri arrived yet?"
Sir Jerric

Name: Lestopher Grant

asr :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 8/8

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 6/6 -- Wil: 11/11
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Seeking adventure
Profession: Broadsheet editor
Specialty: Getting out again
Feature: Notices everything
Personality: Dour

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
PowersPowersPowers(Gun Stunt) - Quicker Draw (Quick Draw without penalty; choose Attr. in duels)
(Gun Stunt) - Point Blank (min Close->min Striking; pistol melee +1 dam. @Touch/Touch)
InventoryInventoryInventory(p) Sterrion 36 revolver (+2 damage; 6 shots; Close/Medium)
(p) Hunting Knife (+2 damage; Touch/Striking)
(p) Bulletproof Vest (-2 physical damage)
(p) Rope and grapple

satm_ap: 1

Postby Herowannabe » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:01 am

Has Lord Feltri arrived yet?"

Seeing as how Elsander hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread, I'll let you @Mac decide if he is already here chatting with Sara or if he is yet to arrive, and I will roleplay accordingly. :)
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Elsander Feltri

asr :
Phy: 2 -- Res: 5/5 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 7/7 -- Rep: 11/11

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Get back at my Father
Profession: Senator's son
Specialty: Reading other people
Feature: Charming Smile
Personality: Condescending
PowersPowersPowersZinc (Allomancy): 5
- Stunts: Riot Aim
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Misting Vial: Contains 3 charges of Zinc
(PP) Terringul Ripper: +1 Damage, 12/12 shots, Range: Close/Medium *(This weapon can be fired as a normal firearm (using shots), or as a rotary gun (using a salvo). Firing a salvo requires at least 10 shots.)
(P) Formal Clothing: Useful when (patronizing one's inferior companions) blending into high society events like formal dances and gatherings
(P) Pocketwatch: A small timepiece that keeps good time

Postby Mac » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:48 pm

I don't get the impression people are itching for a sequel to "someone answers the door" scene.

Calmly taking the firearm and tucking it with a neat, deft gesture under his arm, Red nods in a partial bow.

"Indeed, Lord Feltri waits with Her Ladyship. If you would be so kind."

He leads the way to the library, turning with an almost unnerving perfection, like some wind up ballerina, to open the door himself.

Red's outfit is a modern, adapted tinningdar. Like the original robes worn by the ancient Terris, it is loose and comfortable; in deference to modern fashions, his only extends seven or so inches past his waist. Below that, he wears snug white pants, the V of the House Hastings colors split into the two separate diagonal arms, the pattern going down the outside of either leg, like dye flowing downhill from back to front.
Mac

asr :

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Postby Sir Jerric » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:02 pm

Two more mirror scenes and we'll be all set.

Please proceed whenever you two are ready. ;) </sarcasm>
Sir Jerric

Name: Lestopher Grant

asr :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 8/8

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 6/6 -- Wil: 11/11
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Seeking adventure
Profession: Broadsheet editor
Specialty: Getting out again
Feature: Notices everything
Personality: Dour

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
PowersPowersPowers(Gun Stunt) - Quicker Draw (Quick Draw without penalty; choose Attr. in duels)
(Gun Stunt) - Point Blank (min Close->min Striking; pistol melee +1 dam. @Touch/Touch)
InventoryInventoryInventory(p) Sterrion 36 revolver (+2 damage; 6 shots; Close/Medium)
(p) Hunting Knife (+2 damage; Touch/Striking)
(p) Bulletproof Vest (-2 physical damage)
(p) Rope and grapple

satm_ap: 1

Next

Return to Action