Feature: Striking beauty
Personality: Confident
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy
Iron 4
-Iron-sight
-Multiple Targets

Feruchemy
Iron 4
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Iron bracers (2) - Each stores 100 charges of Weight; one worn on each wrist; Twinborn kits
(P) Misting vials (2) - Each contains 3 charges of Iron; Twinborn kits
(P) Pocket watch - A popular symbol of wealth; keeps good time
(PP) Tekiel Zephyr - Horseless carriage; a stylish gasoline powered mechanical conveyance made primarily of brass and steel

Postby Mac » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:43 am

Anyone could go next, I just went so I don't see a lot of value in it. Either Les could describe entering and saying hello, Sara could welcome her new guest, or Sander could say hi and explain he was just catching Sara up. I vote that last one so we don't need to repeat exposition, just assume everything relevant has already been explained.
Mac

Name: Red

asr :
Phy: 7 -- Res: 2/2 -- Hea: 9/9

Cha: 2 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 4/4 -- Wil: 9/9
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Understand Human Culture
Profession: Steward
Specialty: Stealth
Feature: Long-arms
Personality: Serious
PowersPowersPowersKoloss-Blood (+1 to Physique, +2 dice in rolls involving physical strength)

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Tin-ker (By using your finely-honed senses, you can detect structural and manufacturing defects in a mechanical object or device, allowing you to quickly disable it. While burning Tin, the Difficulty of all rolls to disable simple objects such as a locks, door hinges, or pulleys is reduced by 2, while the Difficulty of rolls to disable more complex objects such as guns, automobiles, or electrical systems is reduced by 1. In either case, this Difficulty cannot be reduced below 1.)
InventoryInventoryInventoryTin Misting Vial (P)
Sheathknives (P) (Dmg +1 Touch/Touch, Thin knives which are easily concealed in sleeves.)

Postby Herowannabe » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:34 pm

Elsander looks over as the new arrivals enter the library- he had been slowly circling the library, looking over Sara's collection of books and... knick-knacks. "Ah, there they are now. I was just filling Sara in on the scheme, though we hadn't gotten to the finer details just yet. Steward? Yes, be a good lad and fetch me a brandy, would you?"
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Elsander Feltri

asr :
Phy: 2 -- Res: 5/5 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 7/7 -- Rep: 11/11

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Get back at my Father
Profession: Senator's son
Specialty: Reading other people
Feature: Charming Smile
Personality: Condescending
PowersPowersPowersZinc (Allomancy): 5
- Stunts: Riot Aim
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Misting Vial: Contains 3 charges of Zinc
(PP) Terringul Ripper: +1 Damage, 12/12 shots, Range: Close/Medium *(This weapon can be fired as a normal firearm (using shots), or as a rotary gun (using a salvo). Firing a salvo requires at least 10 shots.)
(P) Formal Clothing: Useful when (patronizing one's inferior companions) blending into high society events like formal dances and gatherings
(P) Pocketwatch: A small timepiece that keeps good time

Postby Sir Jerric » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Grant nods polite greetings to Lord Feltri and Lady Hasting before producing the sheet of notes and spreading it on the table for the others to peruse. "Do I need to clarify any particular facts, or shall we move directly to supposition?" He doesn't have the best shelldry face---the corners of his mouth twitch upward at his own remark.
Sir Jerric

Name: Lestopher Grant

asr :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 8/8

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 6/6 -- Wil: 11/11
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Seeking adventure
Profession: Broadsheet editor
Specialty: Getting out again
Feature: Notices everything
Personality: Dour

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
PowersPowersPowers(Gun Stunt) - Quicker Draw (Quick Draw without penalty; choose Attr. in duels)
(Gun Stunt) - Point Blank (min Close->min Striking; pistol melee +1 dam. @Touch/Touch)
InventoryInventoryInventory(p) Sterrion 36 revolver (+2 damage; 6 shots; Close/Medium)
(p) Hunting Knife (+2 damage; Touch/Striking)
(p) Bulletproof Vest (-2 physical damage)
(p) Rope and grapple

satm_ap: 1

Postby Mac » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:28 pm

Herowannabe wrote:Steward? Yes, be a good lad and fetch me a brandy, would you?"

...I absolutely asked for this, didn't I?

Red nods a polite acknowledgement of the request, closing the door first before walking briskly to the well-stocked I assume House Hasting is comfortable enough that we can assume the refreshments are top shelf? bar he had directed the staff to set up earlier when this gathering was first planned, behind the spread of light fare. After deftly tucking Master Grant's sidearm beneath the table, he expertly pours a snifter of brandy from the decanter, turning for a moment to an oil lamp he'd ordered for this specific purpose, turning the glass forty-five degrees and holding it over the flame for one slow rotation; a light burn of tin letting him detect the exact moment it achieved the perfect temperature.

Out of Character. Click to reveal.
Wits + Tin to pour the perfect brandy

Mac rolled 10d6:
1, 6, 3, 2, 4, 4, 2, 3, 4, 3

And for good measure, a Physique roll cuz I'm a tineye close to a flame. Let's just make sure I can handle it.

Mac rolled 7d6:
3, 1, 5, 2, 4, 2, 2

A perfect brandy, just above room temperature, is delivered moments later.

Hrm, can I assume a 2 on my Physique roll, since I wasn't actually hurting myself, is enough that I was able to keep my wince of pain hidden while my back was turned?
Mac

Name: Red

asr :
Phy: 7 -- Res: 2/2 -- Hea: 9/9

Cha: 2 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 4/4 -- Wil: 9/9
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Understand Human Culture
Profession: Steward
Specialty: Stealth
Feature: Long-arms
Personality: Serious
PowersPowersPowersKoloss-Blood (+1 to Physique, +2 dice in rolls involving physical strength)

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Tin-ker (By using your finely-honed senses, you can detect structural and manufacturing defects in a mechanical object or device, allowing you to quickly disable it. While burning Tin, the Difficulty of all rolls to disable simple objects such as a locks, door hinges, or pulleys is reduced by 2, while the Difficulty of rolls to disable more complex objects such as guns, automobiles, or electrical systems is reduced by 1. In either case, this Difficulty cannot be reduced below 1.)
InventoryInventoryInventoryTin Misting Vial (P)
Sheathknives (P) (Dmg +1 Touch/Touch, Thin knives which are easily concealed in sleeves.)

Postby Kadrok » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:31 am

Mac wrote:...I absolutely asked for this, didn't I?
I have this wonderful image of the crew in their first combat, and Sara immediately throws herself into Red's arms and commands him to get her to safety.

Sara Hasting takes a sip from her drink, and lays the book she was reading on her lap, leaning back into her elaborate armchair. "So, boys, as I am a busy woman we should down to business. Do you have a plan? I mean I suppose I could just buy out this auction, but where would the fun be in that?"
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Sara Jasie Hasting

asr :

Cha: 3 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 3/3 -- Wil: 7/7
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Thirst for power
Profession: Scion
Specialty: Creative tinker
Iron 4
-Iron-sight
-Multiple Targets

Feruchemy
Iron 4
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Iron bracers (2) - Each stores 100 charges of Weight; one worn on each wrist; Twinborn kits
(PP) Tekiel Zephyr - Horseless carriage; a stylish gasoline powered mechanical conveyance made primarily of brass and steel

Postby Herowannabe » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:17 am

...I absolutely asked for this, didn't I?

It doesn't help that Elsander is... well, he's kind of a prick. :roll: Sorry about that. I wanted to do something a little different for this character.

Eldsander takes the snifter from Red and breathes in the aromas of the brandy before taking a sip. It is surprisingly good, though of course Elsander neglects to thank the steward.

"Now, we wouldn't want you to bankrupt your estates just to purchase everything in the auction. Besides, it's possible that the thief already has a buyer lined up, and that they'll use the auction as a diversion while they conduct their business in a back room somewhere. One or two of us should keep an eye on the auction, while the rest slip out and do a bit of searching in the back rooms for anyone who might be conducting illicit business deals."
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Elsander Feltri

asr :

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 7/7 -- Rep: 11/11

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Get back at my Father
Profession: Senator's son
Specialty: Reading other people
Feature: Charming Smile
Personality: Condescending
PowersPowersPowersZinc (Allomancy): 5
- Stunts: Riot Aim
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Misting Vial: Contains 3 charges of Zinc
(PP) Terringul Ripper: +1 Damage, 12/12 shots, Range: Close/Medium *(This weapon can be fired as a normal firearm (using shots), or as a rotary gun (using a salvo). Firing a salvo requires at least 10 shots.)
(P) Formal Clothing: Useful when (patronizing one's inferior companions) blending into high society events like formal dances and gatherings
(P) Pocketwatch: A small timepiece that keeps good time

Postby Sir Jerric » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:54 pm

"The first order of business is confirming that the items are even there. Raisaal doesn't have any real proof that the Deloxan party included the thief." Grant settles in a plush chair. "What we do further will hang on establishing that fact."
Sir Jerric

asr :

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
PowersPowersPowers(Gun Stunt) - Quicker Draw (Quick Draw without penalty; choose Attr. in duels)
(Gun Stunt) - Point Blank (min Close->min Striking; pistol melee +1 dam. @Touch/Touch)
InventoryInventoryInventory(p) Sterrion 36 revolver (+2 damage; 6 shots; Close/Medium)
(p) Rope and grapple

Postby Kadrok » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:47 pm

"Are you suggesting, then, that we investigate the auction's goods before the auction begins?"
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Sara Jasie Hasting

asr :

Cha: 3 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 3/3 -- Wil: 7/7
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Thirst for power
Profession: Scion
Specialty: Creative tinker
Iron 4
-Iron-sight
-Multiple Targets

Feruchemy
Iron 4

Postby Sir Jerric » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:09 pm

Grant tilts his head, considering. He chews at his lip at bit. "I was not suggesting that, strictly speaking. It would be tricky, perhaps not worth the effort. The auction goods...we don't know how they are being stored or where, if they are even all in one place, if they are already on site at the manor rather than in a warehouse..." He shakes his head. "Might be doable, but there are so many variables. How would you isolate them?"
Sir Jerric

asr :

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
(p) Rope and grapple

PreviousNext

Return to Action