Chapter 0.5: The gang gets together!

Statue at the Manor Action

Moderator: bobbyboone

Postby Kadrok » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:48 pm

Sara smiles in a slightly condescending manner, "Perhaps our bonny senator's son can ask around for us?" She turns to Elsander, "How about it? I don't just invite you over because of your dashing smile, it's also because you know everyone who is anyone. Can you think of anything you've been told, or find out anything about this auction? Maybe also figure out whether any of the junk on sale is worth my time?"
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Sara Jasie Hasting

asr :
Phy: 2 -- Res: 5/5 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 3 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 3/3 -- Wil: 7/7
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Thirst for power
Profession: Scion
Specialty: Creative tinker
Feature: Striking beauty
Personality: Confident
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy
Iron 4
-Iron-sight
-Multiple Targets

Feruchemy
Iron 4
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Iron bracers (2) - Each stores 100 charges of Weight; one worn on each wrist; Twinborn kits
(P) Misting vials (2) - Each contains 3 charges of Iron; Twinborn kits
(P) Pocket watch - A popular symbol of wealth; keeps good time
(PP) Tekiel Zephyr - Horseless carriage; a stylish gasoline powered mechanical conveyance made primarily of brass and steel

Postby Herowannabe » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:34 am

Kadrok wrote:Sara smiles in a slightly condescending manner, "Perhaps our bonny senator's son can ask around for us?" She turns to Elsander, "How about it? I don't just invite you over because of your dashing smile, it's also because you know everyone who is anyone. Can you think of anything you've been told, or find out anything about this auction? Maybe also figure out whether any of the junk on sale is worth my time?"

Making an influence check, +1D for "Senator's Son"
Out of Character. Click to reveal.
Herowannabe rolled 8d6:
3, 3, 1, 5, 6, 5, 1, 6
EDIT: 8-)

Elsander purses his lips and cradles his snifter in his palm- keeping the brandy warm- while he searches his memory. "I don't recall everything on the list to be auctioned, but there wasn't any mention of the items in question. However, that doesn't mean much; often times at auctions like this it is customary to announce a handful of items in advance as incentives to draw the crowds, and then surprise everyone with a few of the more choice items near the end. And I can assure you, my lady Sara, that the pieces of art going up for auction are worth quite a lot..."

He pauses in his circling of the room, glancing at a nearby contraption on one of the bookshelves- it appears to be a miniaturized model of one of the engines that power those blasted motorcars. "Though I doubt much of it will be quite to your... tastes."

He flashes Sara a smile that manages to be both charming and condescending at the same time- it's a masterful smile, one that makes Sara's seem amateurish. ( :P )

"Regardless, I can probably do us one better than a mere list of the goods in question. Lord Deloxan supported my father during the election, and I have been to their estates on several occasions. I could pull a few strings and perhaps convince them to get me a 'preview' of the auction before it actually begins."

Completely spitballing this all based on my Influence roll. @bobbyboone feel free to correct or change anything you want.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Name: Elsander Feltri

asr :

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 7/7 -- Rep: 11/11

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Get back at my Father
Profession: Senator's son
Specialty: Reading other people
Feature: Charming Smile
Personality: Condescending
PowersPowersPowersZinc (Allomancy): 5
- Stunts: Riot Aim
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Misting Vial: Contains 3 charges of Zinc
(PP) Terringul Ripper: +1 Damage, 12/12 shots, Range: Close/Medium *(This weapon can be fired as a normal firearm (using shots), or as a rotary gun (using a salvo). Firing a salvo requires at least 10 shots.)
(P) Formal Clothing: Useful when (patronizing one's inferior companions) blending into high society events like formal dances and gatherings
(P) Pocketwatch: A small timepiece that keeps good time

Postby Kadrok » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:40 am

Herowannabe wrote:He flashes Sara a smile that manages to be both charming and condescending at the same time- it's a masterful smile, one that makes Sara's seem amateurish. ( :P )
Hahahaha! I was about to comment on that one point of Charm making all the difference, but then I realised you have Charming Smile and Condescending as traits. :lol: :lol: :lol: Sara might have bit off more than she can chew.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

asr :

Iron 4
-Iron-sight
-Multiple Targets

Feruchemy
Iron 4
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Iron bracers (2) - Each stores 100 charges of Weight; one worn on each wrist; Twinborn kits
(PP) Tekiel Zephyr - Horseless carriage; a stylish gasoline powered mechanical conveyance made primarily of brass and steel

Postby Herowannabe » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:57 am

Kadrok wrote:
Herowannabe wrote:He flashes Sara a smile that manages to be both charming and condescending at the same time- it's a masterful smile, one that makes Sara's seem amateurish. ( :P )
Hahahaha! I was about to comment on that one point of Charm making all the difference, but then I realised you have Charming Smile and Condescending as traits. :lol: :lol: :lol: Sara might have bit off more than she can chew.

And I haven't even started burning zinc yet. ;)

Also, This is sort of applicable. :lol:
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

asr :

(PP) Terringul Ripper: +1 Damage, 12/12 shots, Range: Close/Medium *(This weapon can be fired as a normal firearm (using shots), or as a rotary gun (using a salvo). Firing a salvo requires at least 10 shots.)
(P) Formal Clothing: Useful when (patronizing one's inferior companions) blending into high society events like formal dances and gatherings

Postby bobbyboone » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:02 am

Herowannabe wrote:Completely spitballing this all based on my Influence roll. @bobbyboone feel free to correct or change anything you want.

Looks good to me! You guys keep rolling very well, haha! I'm going to say that your influence roll is enough to get you your desired preview, though it will require spending a point. Do you have any thoughts on how you'd like to spend your Nudges? I'm sure there are lots of things you could do with them. I'd let you spend both to get the whole Crew with you for the preview.

If you'd like, we can fast forward to Elsander's preview and then have everyone meet up just before the party to talk tactics.
bobbyboone

Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:51 am

Herowannabe wrote:Also, This is sort of applicable. :lol:

"I am unstopable!" Sara cackles, holding the Lance of the Fountains aloft to signal her army of Lurchers to commence spinning the turbines powering the gargantuan Railgun pointed right at Elendel.

As electricity crackled between the pylons behind him, Elsander faces Sara with a burst of Zinc, and a disarming smile seeming, somehow, to be in complete command of the situation...

EDIT: You know, I've just realised that with our powersets we're a couple of tragic origin stories away from being a smarmy Charles Xavier, and a femme-Magneto...

Sara nods slightly, as if acknowledging an equal, and smiles a little to herself.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

asr :

Iron 4
-Iron-sight
-Multiple Targets

Feruchemy
Iron 4

Postby Herowannabe » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:37 am

bobbyboone wrote:
Herowannabe wrote:Completely spitballing this all based on my Influence roll. @bobbyboone feel free to correct or change anything you want.

Looks good to me! You guys keep rolling very well, haha! I'm going to say that your influence roll is enough to get you your desired preview, though it will require spending a point. Do you have any thoughts on how you'd like to spend your Nudges? I'm sure there are lots of things you could do with them. I'd let you spend both to get the whole Crew with you for the preview.

If you'd like, we can fast forward to Elsander's preview and then have everyone meet up just before the party to talk tactics.

Well originally I had been sort of thinking that the Result of 5 meant that Elsander had some connections to House Deloxan, and I was considering 1 nudge to be used basically for dramatic flair (showing up Sara's condescending smile with one of my own ;) ) and the other to have a shot at getting the private preview. I guess I should have stated that earlier.

However, if you still want to let me spend a point of Influence to get the whole crew a private preview I'll take it. :)
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

asr :

Postby bobbyboone » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:03 pm

Okay, I'm going to assume we're ready to head to the manor for the preview.
bobbyboone

Narrator

Postby Sir Jerric » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:40 pm

Herowannabe wrote:"Regardless, I can probably do us one better than a mere list of the goods in question. Lord Deloxan supported my father during the election, and I have been to their estates on several occasions. I could pull a few strings and perhaps convince them to get me a 'preview' of the auction before it actually begins."

Grant looks to the others for comment before turning his hands palm up. "I guess there are no objections. How soon can such an event be arranged? Will you be going alone?"

Don't mind me, bobby. If you're ready for the next scene, go right ahead. I just liked the slight closure/cliffhanger of an extra remark to end the scene. Though if the other players do have some other plans . . . :D
Sir Jerric

Name: Lestopher Grant

asr :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 8/8

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 6/6 -- Wil: 11/11
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Seeking adventure
Profession: Broadsheet editor
Specialty: Getting out again
Feature: Notices everything
Personality: Dour

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
PowersPowersPowers(Gun Stunt) - Quicker Draw (Quick Draw without penalty; choose Attr. in duels)
(Gun Stunt) - Point Blank (min Close->min Striking; pistol melee +1 dam. @Touch/Touch)
InventoryInventoryInventory(p) Sterrion 36 revolver (+2 damage; 6 shots; Close/Medium)
(p) Hunting Knife (+2 damage; Touch/Striking)
(p) Bulletproof Vest (-2 physical damage)
(p) Rope and grapple

satm_ap: 1

Postby Mac » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:44 pm

I'm good.
Mac

Name: Red

asr :
Phy: 7 -- Res: 2/2 -- Hea: 9/9

Cha: 2 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 4/4 -- Wil: 9/9
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Understand Human Culture
Profession: Steward
Specialty: Stealth
Feature: Long-arms
Personality: Serious
PowersPowersPowersKoloss-Blood (+1 to Physique, +2 dice in rolls involving physical strength)

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Tin-ker (By using your finely-honed senses, you can detect structural and manufacturing defects in a mechanical object or device, allowing you to quickly disable it. While burning Tin, the Difficulty of all rolls to disable simple objects such as a locks, door hinges, or pulleys is reduced by 2, while the Difficulty of rolls to disable more complex objects such as guns, automobiles, or electrical systems is reduced by 1. In either case, this Difficulty cannot be reduced below 1.)
InventoryInventoryInventoryTin Misting Vial (P)
Sheathknives (P) (Dmg +1 Touch/Touch, Thin knives which are easily concealed in sleeves.)

PreviousNext

Return to Action