Oh No, Not Again

Oh No, Not Again Safehouse

Moderator: Mac

Postby Conquestor » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:30 pm

I would like to start out with some AP as well. Also, do charm and influence do something? Are there going to be people who want to leave, so we have to convince them to stay? Or is morale going to get low, so we have to raise people spirit's? Also, can we get a map of the place we're defending?
Conquestor

Postby Mac » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:54 pm

Whatever people want to suggest, I'm open to listening to, but if you want some suggestions, yes you could use Charm to boost morale, fight off despair, it might make people work a little harder, a little longer to build fortifications or get them to commit to their charge against the koloss, which might let them kill more before dying.

You could also use charm or influence to get passing mercenaries, maybe a nearby lawkeeper, or even another koloss band to join in and help you. Maybe there's a nearby enclave of Terrisfolk who could be convinced to show up as medics, restoring a few men to fighting form.

Basically, whatever you've got, if you can think of a way it might in some way help the fight, feel free to pitch it. I'm not going to accept every idea, but I'll try to work with you.

As for a map... um, I can try, but Shallan I am not. It might not end up being what you have in mind. I'm also open to things as far as the map is concerned... within reason, if you want something like a Terris enclave in the mountains for the aforementioned medics, ask me if it's there, and if I think it's reasonable I might add it.
Mac

Postby Herowannabe » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:50 pm

I imagine influence at least will be- to some extent- a measure of our ability to give commands to the troops.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Conquestor » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:09 am

Well, it turns out I will not be playing a Zinc Compounder, I want too many attributes and standings! :lol:
Conquestor

Postby Conquestor » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:24 pm

My Character, so far.

Name: Zak Ostlin

Concept: Ambitious Politician

Crew
Name: blank
Cause: blank
Target: blank
Method: blank

Race: Human
Sex: Male
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 280

Attributes Standings Resiliences
Physique: 2 Resources: 3/3 Health: 5/5
Charm: 6 Influence: 4/4 Reputation: 10/10
Wits: 5 Spirit: 4/4 Willpower: 9/9

Traits
Drive - Survive
Profession - Politician
Specialty - Always has a backup plan
Feature - Instantly likable
Personality - Cool and Collected
Extra - Connected
Extra - Natural Leader

Burdens: None

Destiny : I will get all that my family had, back.

Tragedy : My brother gambled all of my families wealth and with it, our honor.

Secrets known: None, yet.

Powers: None.

Equipment:
Formal clothing/jewelry
Dueling Cane
Sterion 36

Zak had come to this mining colony in hope of buying it. What he did not expect, is for a group of rampaging Koloss to come and try to kill him. He hopes that his high amounts of intelligence and manipulation, get him out of the alive.
Conquestor

Postby Mac » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:32 pm

OKAY SO.

We have Hero, with his surprise character. We have Jeremy the Gunsmith. Claincy the randomized Firesoul. Bobby the beastmaster, and Conquestor the businessman.

I owe everyone a map, and I'm going to give everyone... 10AP to start? Is that enough, or too much, or too little? Besides that, we're ready to begin. How do I go about starting the actual forum?

EDIT: Also, one change. I've decided the name sounds dumb, I'm adjusting it to Teriosin.

I'm going to start toying with some math and statistics, and come up with a reasonable army for you guys to have and one for you guys to fight. As someone mentioned, it's going to turn out to be "squads". Like (and these aren't the firm numbers yet) if you have 200 humans, that's 10 "squads" of 20 humans, so each major "combat", each squad of humans gets one roll to see how well they attack and one to see how well they defend. I've got ideas in my head for how various squads will match up with each other. You'll prolly start with at least one squad of koloss-blood, and I'll randomize somehow to giving individual squads metallic help.

Once I have the map up, and at any time during prep work, please feel free to suggest additions if you think it would be both reasonable and beneficial if some particular feature or whatever were nearby.

When we begin, you can first spend any Standings you want on standard stuff, though you won't get them back, so if you plan to use them during prep work or actual combat, be wary.

Then I plan for three rounds of prep work; each of you will pick an action and do it, then you'll each do it again. People can make supporting rolls to help each other, or a small number of "information gathering" rolls to try to get a bonus. (If the main roll is like "scouting" with tin, that's an actual roll, not an information gathering roll.)

Then we'll start with our first big "Army v Army" combat, and then we'll go into the first mission. I'll have an idea for that, unless by then someone has a suggestion of their own for what they'd like to try.
Mac

Postby Claincy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:40 pm

Forum established. :D

@Mac, narrator's notes is hidden from everyone else and you have lock/merge/move/split permissions throughout this subforum as usual :)
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Mac » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:29 am

Thank you!

I also notice I now have the ability to delete shoutbox messages, not sure if you want to remove this from my capabilities. I worry the power will go to my head, and I will begin killing individual shouts to charge spikes and stick them in my own comments to make commentquisitors, terrorizing the site...
Mac

Postby Claincy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:43 am

Huh. I didn't specifically set anything for that, might have a poke around and see what the settings for that are.
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kurkistan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:13 pm

Mac wrote:Thank you!

I also notice I now have the ability to delete shoutbox messages, not sure if you want to remove this from my capabilities. I worry the power will go to my head, and I will begin killing individual shouts to charge spikes and stick them in my own comments to make commentquisitors, terrorizing the site...

I wouldn't be too concerned. I also have that ability and it doesn't seem to stick: If you delete something, then refresh the page then it's back.

You can try your hand at my "This post is a test to see if I can delete it. Feel free to try it out too, Mac." post, Mac.
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

PreviousNext

Return to Safehouse