Preparations: 1/3

Oh No, Not Again Action

Moderator: Mac

Postby Mac » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:42 pm

Conquestor wrote:Well, I suppose that means that my awful roll to attempt to try and improve the wall doesn't count! :D


That doesn't really seem fair... you made the roll, I'm afraid you're stuck with it. I'm just going to count it as your second Prep roll when it's time to do that.

Is this good enough to bring the MRP into existence?


Okay. Being splinters of Preservation, they cannot join in the attack. When threatened, they curl up and melt into seamless boulders. They will be able to use this trait to place themselves at key points along the fence and protect your Troops. The first three "positions" in combat are going to get a bonus defense die.

They are also scholars of the Metallic Arts, and are available if other people have relevant questions.


If I can, I want to roll to keep the majority of people's morale up.


Okay. Morale, as a whole, is high. This is a good set-up roll that yourself or other people can now rely on in future Prep Checks.

Claincy wrote:With this goal in mind he wandered with more of a purpose: seeking out the less travelled parts of Terionin and the surrounding area. Searching abandoned and incomplete buildings, nearby caves, anything that could potentially contain something of use. As he searched he thought to himself about what he could possibly find. A hidden stash of firearms would be just the thing. He thought.


So... I need to think about this overnight. The short answer is, yes, you're going to find some guns; enough to give the Well-Armed trait to either two or three Troops, so start thinking about which.

I do have a notion in mind of how additionally to add to this, but I need to sleep on it, so I will be back.
Mac
 
Posts: 1721
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:07 am

Postby Conquestor » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:35 am

That doesn't really seem fair... you made the roll, I'm afraid you're stuck with it. I'm just going to count it as your second Prep roll when it's time to do that.


Okay. Being splinters of Preservation, they cannot join in the attack. When threatened, they curl up and melt into seamless boulders. They will be able to use this trait to place themselves at key points along the fence and protect your Troops. The first three "positions" in combat are going to get a bonus defense die.


First thing, can I roll spirit to make that attempt disappear? Or make another roll, with less dice? Either would be great! ;)

Second, it says in the Coppermind wiki, yes I did my research before I toss out words, quote "One distinguishing factor of a Splinter is that they often have an intent, separate from their Shards'," that means that they are not pacifists. They do not have Preservation's exact intent, but whatever ideals we give them, which means that they can fight. The problem is the history I have given them, I need to convince them to help us. Being the main characters, however, makes us immediately important to this world, so it stands to reason that Harmony has some plans for us and would want us alive. In the history I have given the MRP, it states that they can hear and talk to Harmony, he can help convince them to help us. Hope that's a good enough argument for you. :D
Conquestor
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:47 pm

Postby Mac » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:01 am

Conquestor wrote:
First thing, can I roll spirit to make that attempt disappear? Or make another roll, with less dice? Either would be great!


Unfortunately, that's what's known as a Last Ditch Effort, and per page 252 of the core rule book it's only available to people with Spirit 6+.

They do not have Preservation's exact intent, but whatever ideals we give them, which means that they can fight. The problem is the history I have given them, I need to convince them to help us.


I was under the impression that the letter you sent them was your attempt to convince them to help.

Being the main characters, however, makes us immediately important to this world, so it stands to reason that Harmony has some plans for us and would want us alive. In the history I have given the MRP, it states that they can hear and talk to Harmony, he can help convince them to help us.


So, first, whether or not you're important to Harmony, doesn't necessarily mean he needs you alive. It's possible you're important because your death will galvanize your political allies in Elendel. Even if he does want you around, per the novels, he limits his intervention to the most absolutely necessary. Even then,
you established that Harmony does not control these creatures. Getting them to risk their own lives to help you is beyond what he could do even if he wanted. I would like to encourage creativity, but I am leery of opening the door to the argument that "we're the main characters so you have to let us win."
Mac
 
Posts: 1721
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:07 am

Postby Conquestor » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:21 am

Yeah, just ignore that last post, I wish I could delete it, but it's against the rules.

Any ways, Zak was walking the perimeter of the wall, he saw a guy that was scanning the wall as if he lost something. Zak wanted to know exactly what he was doing, so he said, "Hello? What's your name, and what are you doing?" He questioned him casually enough, but there wasn't going to be any renegades or saboteurs in his town.

Figured that our characters should start to meet each other at some point, so why not know?
Conquestor
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:47 pm

Postby Mac » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:14 am

Harmak is wandering around, checking out likely spots, a few hollows among the foothills, the lake. He finds absolutely nothing. However, at one point, walking from a tall rock to a small cave he could see from that perch, he did see something odd.

Footprints.

He hadn't run into any other villagers out here, or any other signs of people, hence why he was looking, expecting to find a smuggler's stash. The footprints are in a tiny dip in the land, as though, perhaps, the ground was damp, took a footprint, and solidified. This one spot, slightly shaded by the sun, would have held the wetness of the mists just slightly longer than the surrounding ground, explaining why the prints are only in this small area.

However, they do point directly towards a single low bush, otherwise indistinguishable from literally every other bush out in the Roughs. Closer to, what would be taken at a distance of greater than five feet as a lump of dirt turns out to be... a small rope, liberally coated with dust, forming a handle.

For the sake of moving this along I'm going to assume you check, assure yourself you won't die if you try it, and pull up the handle, since this is what you're looking for. You can "take 20" and you won't find any reason to suspect it will be hazardous to you health.


Within a small pit, barely a foot deep, hidden by this trap door, you find... three suspiciously well-kept guns. These are not from days long past or some forgotten hoard. The metal is shiny, the parts well-oiled. They are each level-action rifles, the barrels thicker than normal. These will be guns with lots of stopping power, but they won't use normal ammo.

Fortunately, they come with a small satchel filled with plenty of ammo for the three guns. Oddly, mixed among the large rounds, you find some steel flakes. Shavings for allomancy vials tend to be very fine for ease of swallowing; these look big enough that the idea of trying to swallow one seems unhealthy.

Please select three troops you wish to give the Well Armed* Trait to.

EDIT: So, it seems like Hero and Bobby are both out, I guess? We are waiting on Claincy to decide which Troops he wants to give his new guns to, and then I'll start Prep Round 2.
Mac
 
Posts: 1721
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:07 am

Postby Skullduggery » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:19 am

Ricky had been walking around the town looking for a student that would most likely have come from Elendel to study the life here and hoped he they could help his senile mind. However as he walked he quickly understood the fact that a koloss army had been spotted and he decided he should find out if somebody was taking charge and help them out.
Skullduggery
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:18 am

Postby Skullduggery » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:20 am

(Do I roll wits to find out who is taking the charge for the defending the town?)
Skullduggery
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:18 am

Postby Mac » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:26 am

There is a small group of older, respected townspeople who have some knowledge of combat and tactics. They seem to be in charge of the troops. There seems to be a second group, younger as a whole, who are trying to organize the non-combatants and keep them calm.
Mac
 
Posts: 1721
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:07 am

Postby Claincy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:40 am

Sorry for the ridiculously long delay. My health has been constantly awful for the past 1.5-2 months.

I'll give the guns to troops 19-21
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator
 
Posts: 3240
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:55 am

Postby Mac » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:16 am

Done and done. Now we're just waiting on Skullduggery to make his first Preparation roll.
Mac
 
Posts: 1721
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:07 am

PreviousNext

Return to Action


  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest