Sensational Yarns Skype session?

A place for General and Out of Game discussions.
Druggeddwarf

Re: Sensational Yarns Skype session?

Post by Druggeddwarf » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:43 am

Well we had a mystery to solve, a monster to hunt, and a buddy-cop feel for the action/drama. I thought it went pretty good.

If you thought it was good, Sir Jerric, you'd be organising a second game by now. So how about THAT for reading between the lines!
Sir Jerric

Post by Sir Jerric » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:48 am

I suppose the cheeky answer would be that we already ran a second game. ;)

I haven't made plans for a (hopefully final) Hamlet session partly due to spending time on another project, and partly because I am going to need some extra character development for a couple of NPCs who became more present than I was planning for. The solution for the latter is to sit down at a keyboard and type through events and possibilities until the ideas coalesce, but the former has kept me from settling in to do that.

I admit to also hoping that Hero may decide to fill the gap with a session of his own. :D

If you want to motivate me a little more, you could consider buying an advancement with a session report in the other subforum... 3:D
Druggeddwarf

Post by Druggeddwarf » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:17 pm

....oh yeah I can do that can't I? I will look into that and think of what to buy next.
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:28 am

Hey everyone, sorry for being MIA lately. Work/life turned crazy busy for me the past few weeks. I haven’t posted a date for when I’d like to run a session because I don’t know when I’ll be able to. It will definitely won’t be this week or next week, and probably not the week after, and that puts us right into Valentine’s Day territory, and I don’t think my wife would appreciate me spending several hours of our Valentine’s Day weekend sitting on the computer playing on Skype/Discord. :roll:

But I did just finish a reread of all the Mistborn books so it’s all fresh in my mind and I want to get a session going more than ever. So keep an eye out here, I’ll try to post a prospective game date as soon as possible, and if I go silent for too long please continue to poke me and remind me. Thanks. :)
boongeebee

Post by boongeebee » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:39 am

So......
When are we playing again?
Sir Jerric

Post by Sir Jerric » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:13 pm

Well . . . I could probably run a game on Friday the 23rd (this time for non-US participants), but as for Hamlet of Hemalurgy, I am thinking that while the story may have some answers left, I'm not sure that there is enough conflict left to make for an interesting session.

The only potential sources for conflict are the Thing or the third "turning point" of my original outline. The Thing was identified and confronted at the close of the second session, and I am uncertain in how to proceed with it. I don't want to undercut the player's accomplishment, so I don't have a straight-forward way to use it as a threat/problem without severely bloating the scope. As for the third "turning point", logic places it on a short fused rocket--it will take itself out of the picture too fast for the players to confront it. You could certainly learn what it was and learn several other things too, but a session of collecting answers is not amazing role-playing material.

So, unless I can dredge up some interesting approaches (players letting me know what they would still like to achieve/answer would be a help, but not a guarantee), I'm inclined to look into running a different Yarn, which may or may not have a plot relationship with the Hamlet (I haven't read any of the others yet).

If we do switch Yarns, be aware that (a) players can still earn an extra Advancement per write-up about the events of either session, and (b) players will have a Long Breather and be able to purchase one upgrade with their Advancements (technically subject to Narrator approval, but I doubt we'll have much cause to refuse).

I am open to feedback from players. New Yarn? Reasons to continue Hamlet? Other thoughts or questions?
Druggeddwarf

Post by Druggeddwarf » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:34 pm

:'( I can't guarantee that date... but if you did run one I would try.

I would say if you don't want to continue that polot line, just do which ever one you want! It should be fine.

Also I don't think I'm the best for feedback, as my judgement is tarred by being up at 4 in the morning and all that. But if you want it I can write something down

Return to “Safehouse”