Sensational Yarns Skype session?

A place for General and Out of Game discussions.

Postby Herowannabe » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:39 pm

So I’ve been thinking for a while now that it would be fun to play another MAG session over Skype with anyone interested, and Masks of the Past offers us a great opportunity with the sensational yarns in the back of the book. Would anyone be up for getting together over Skype and giving one of them a whirl?

I’d be happy to Narrate (the first one). I don’t know how long one of the Yarns will take but we should aim to complete one in 1 session if possible. I haven’t read any of the Yarns yet (and I recommend that nobody else reads them so we can avoid spoilers), but we can pick one at random or choose based on the names, or it looks like there is a little blurb that introduces what each Yarn is about.

My hope is, if this is successful, that we’ll continue on and do additional Skype sessions for the other Yarns, and take turns Narrating so that everyone can have a chance to Narrate and play. We can reuse characters or make new ones in between as appropriate.

So, who’s interested?
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby BillSmiley » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:33 am

Hey there Hero, I'm Veldon ( I replied to your comment in the Kickstarter Mistborn: House Wars comment section) I'm here to tell you that if you needed another player -a very inexperienced one just so you know- well I'm here :)
BillSmiley

Postby Herowannabe » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:48 am

Welcome aboard BillSmiley! We love new and inexperienced players here! The almost never expect the hemalurgic spike coming from behind Its always nice to get a new player with a fresh outlook on the game.

EDIT: while you’re here, I suggest popping over to This thread and introduce yourself and to the Brandonology thread and letting us know how familiar you are with Brandon Sanderson’s books
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby boongeebee » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:31 pm

I am interested. I pretty new myself.
boongeebee

Postby Herowannabe » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:01 pm

Welcome Boongeebee! Like I said to BillSmiley right above your post, I suggest heading over to the get to know you and brandonology threads and introducing yourself.

With you, we now have 3 players (including myself). I’d like to try to get 1-3 more to get a decent sized group. Anyone else interested in giving this a whirl?
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:26 am

Dammit Hero! Don't tempt me!
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:33 am

Kadrok wrote:Dammit Hero! Don't tempt me!

You know you want to Kadrok. Just think, you can create the latest aIron/fWhatever twinborn character you’ve been thinking about making and actually get to play him/her through a whole mini-adventure (and maybe multiple mini-adventures)! Pick up a Malwish medallion, maybe a hemalurgic spike or two along the way... And all you have to do is set aside a few hours once every month or two to play...
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Claincy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:24 am

I would be interested :)
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:05 am

Claincy wrote:I would be interested :)

Sweet! Welcome aboard Claincy! Now we just need to wait until Kadrok gives in to the dark side admits that he is interested as we’ll have a full crew. As it stands now we can probably start thinking about characters and getting a subforum set up to discuss and plan. I’m on mobile right now and don’t have the time to start on that at the moment, so for now we can just use this thread. You can start discussing what kind of crew and characters you want.

(Without having read any of the Yarns yet) I’m going to say that the timeframe is just a couple months after the ending of Bands of Mourning. The entire Basin is abuzz with news of flying airships and masked foreigners from the South, and trade has begun between the two nations. As such, any of the equipment, character options, and etc from the Alloy of Law and Masks of the Past Game supplements are fair game, pending Narrator approval of course.

EDIT: if you haven’t done so yet, it would be great if everyone would “Subcribe to this topic” (there’s a link hidden down in the bottom left of the page) so that you’re made aware of updates and we don’t end up stuck waiting for someone to reply. Thanks. :)
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Sir Jerric » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:38 am

I admit to being interested; although due to NaNoWriMo, I'm not going to try participating this month.

I have read the yarn from the preview, but I haven't read any of the others.
Sir Jerric

Next

Return to Safehouse