Sensational Yarns Skype session?

A place for General and Out of Game discussions.
Druggeddwarf

Re: Sensational Yarns Skype session?

Post by Druggeddwarf » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:43 am

Alright, let's make this fairly serious(ish)

I will be having a fairly short catch up on the alloted time 9th december 23 UTC, to go over characters, conflicts, etc. If it means I have to actually run something, I will (running a game, even blind, helps me figure out the rules a bit better) but it will be as non-canon (or, if you liked it, tie it in with your story, but not too much) as possible to whatever Herowannabe will be running.. Everyone is welcome to join, and JErric will probably join us in the last hour if we're actually there because I am terrible at rules.

My Skype is Druggeddwarf. Add me and I will create the room.
Kingsdaughter613

Post by Kingsdaughter613 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:01 pm

How do you add someone to Skype? Also, how do I hide my real name and change the Skype id?
Sir Jerric

Post by Sir Jerric » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:59 pm

I'd say that if you want a "private" profile, you would need to make a new account. Which is free, and reasonably quick, but it might cross-reference them if you try to reuse the email address. You can get into your account settings and change your name there, but if you change it back, that would become visible to all your contacts (I think).

As for adding someone, all I found was a Search field and the option to start a conversation. If you want to experiment, you can find Druggeddwarf as above, or you can find me as "sirjerric".

If I make it on, it will probably be a minimum of three hours after the listed start time. I might be able to get settled slightly quicker, but based on today's shift, unlikely.

I have no idea if the room (or whether anyone is still online) will be visible to me, either. I haven't used that feature of Skype yet. The only method I know of right now is if anyone interested in chatting with me uses my contact info to reach me first, so we can then see each other's online status.
Druggeddwarf

Post by Druggeddwarf » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:43 pm

just a heads up, only Jerric's added me so far, so we may end up not doing it afterall. I'll b e online for the two hours after the said time just in case.
Sir Jerric

Post by Sir Jerric » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:46 pm

No one showed for tonight, but if anyone is free tomorrow, Druggeddwarf and I are going to attempt a call at about this time, possibly a little earlier if things work out. Send a message to "sirjerric" on Skype and mention Steel Ministry if you want to be included. We plan to talk about how the MAG system works and perhaps play out a Conflict scene (which will be much more interesting with more than one player, but I will make do if we must).
BillSmiley

Post by BillSmiley » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:07 pm

unfortunately, I won't be able to join you guys tonight, it's my sister's b-bay so my whole family is here.I don't think I'll manage to sneak out for a couple hours :? . Sorry haha, I can't wait to play, though, I hope you guys have fun tonight!!
Sir Jerric

Post by Sir Jerric » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:53 pm

Tonight? I thought I was starting anytime between now and three hours from now. =)
BillSmiley

Post by BillSmiley » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:53 pm

yeah, I meant from 4pm to 6pm my time haha sorry for the confusion :P But we have lots of guest at the moment so doesn't really work for me sorry
Sir Jerric

Post by Sir Jerric » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:46 pm

Well, the talk with Druggeddwarf went well from my perspective. I'll leave judgment on my Narrative skill to him. We played out a single encounter scenario and talked through how the rules worked.

We also were both of the opinion that Skype is not that great a platform. Functional, but not great. And nobody is contacting us, so we cannot do any calls.

I have set up a Discord server for experimenting (using direct messages and video calls is dependent on everyone having a shared server). You can join by clicking on this link in the next 24 hours. I will generate a new link tomorrow, after which I will probably distribute them via PM. The service is free, you do not need anything beyond a browser. Click the link, make an account, done. You can get back on via DiscordApp.com or an app if you prefer.

If you plan to participate in Friday's Yarn, you had better use at least one of these platforms to contact me. :roll:

EDIT: Only two contacts so far. Two on Discord, one on both platforms. Neither from the group who expressed an interest in participating in Hamlet of Hemalurgy. You have another 24 hours to join the Discord server.

EDIT#2: Links have expired.
Last edited by Sir Jerric on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
boongeebee

Post by boongeebee » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:46 am

@ Sir Jerric
If I already have a Discord account how do I join your server? I have an account, but have almost never used it.

Edit: Never mind. I think I figured it out. :D

Return to “Safehouse”