Scheduling

A place for General and Out of Game discussions.

Postby Herowannabe » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:19 am

Hey everyone, I figured we ought to have one thread dedicated just to coordinating our schedules and planning Skype sessions. So for starters, could everyone please state where you are, what Time Zone you're in, and what your general availability/unavailability is like. Once we gather that info I think I'll set up a google spreadsheet with all the time zone information mapped out and we can narrow down specific dates/times for our yarn(s).

So I'll start.

I'm in Salt Lake City, on MST (UTC -7 hours).

I'm self employed, so my schedule can be pretty flexible given enough time to plan for it. Sundays in general are not great for me, and Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings I usually have stuff going on but can rearrange things in a pinch if I need to.

The last time we did a Skype session like this, with players spread across the United States and Australia, we ended up doing it in the evening in the US and morning on a Holiday in Australia. Unless there are any Australian Holidays coming up in the next month or so that I am unaware of, that means that we are probably looking at something like a Friday evening (US) / Saturday Morning (AU), or maybe a Saturday/Sunday.

The other thing to keep in mind is that we have enough interested players now that we should split into two groups, so we can (and probably should) divide up players based on who is available when. ;)

EDIT: Also, right now it sounds like we're aiming for the first or second week in December, in case that changes anything for anyone.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Sir Jerric » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:05 am

I am near Omaha, NE in the CST zone (UTC -6 hours).

I have a full-time job that generally leaves my evenings free, but I have other activities on Monday and Wednesday evenings. I also tend to (but am not guaranteed to) be free on Wednesday mornings while working Saturdays instead. I also don't do Sundays.

Put another way, I usually have blocks of time available on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights, and Wednesday morning/afternoon. Individual dates may vary.

For reference:
Sir Jerric wrote:I don't know when anything is happening yet, but I imagine that something like this may come in handy.

For example, I have some availability four days a week at 8pm CST (Your time zone).
Sir Jerric

Postby Kingsdaughter613 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:52 am

I’m a full time mom, so my playing times are mostly the evenings and 12-3PM EST on weekdays. And I can’t play from sundown on Friday until about an hour past sundown on Saturday. Sunday I’m available in the late evening, but not during the day.
Kingsdaughter613

Postby BillSmiley » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:51 am

Hey hey, I'm still in school so that means that I'm mostly available friday evenings and on week-ends but I can always manage to do something in the week evenings (it might be a bit late though, with the time differences and all but anyways ) if it's scheduled in advance. I live in Quebec, so my time zone is UTC- 5hours

And if we play during the holidays, then I'm available pretty much all day everyday from 23th of December to the 22nd of January (with few exeptions like X-mas itself and year year eve)
BillSmiley

Postby boongeebee » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:44 am

I am in Payson, UT on MST (UTC -7 hours).
I have a full time job and family stuff going on in the evenings for some of the week.
My free times are evenings(after 7:00 bedtime for the kids) on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Also, I know that the length of time will vary, but do any of you more experienced players have an idea on how long one of these may take. I work an hour away and have to get up early.
boongeebee

Postby Herowannabe » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:48 am

boongeebee wrote:Also, I know that the length of time will vary, but do any of you more experienced players have an idea on how long one of these may take. I work an hour away and have to get up early.

Ooh, that’s a rough commute! :?

I would plan on about 4 hours, give or take. That’s how long my IRL sessions usually run.

@Claincy @Kadrok @Kurkistan does anyone remember how long our Path of Steel Skype session lasted?
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby boongeebee » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:57 am

Yeah, it's fun.
If it's going to be about 4 hours, I'd still be willing to play during the week, but Saturdays would be nicer for me.
boongeebee

Postby Kurkistan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:05 pm

I think we got up to 5 or 6 hours for the PoS session, if I recall correctly. We could have stopped a bit earlier if we'd wanted to, though.

I'm still in US Central, so UTC-6 as of now. I work full time during the week, can generally make evenings after work (starting ~4 pm at the earliest) and weekends.
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Postby Sir Jerric » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:19 pm

So far, I see two each of UTC -7, -6, and -5, mostly focused on evenings.

As for duration, my real life sessions have only been two hours, but little tended to get done. I am hoping to work on getting a faster pace going, so I might be targeting three hours for my sessions. We will have to see if my optimism is excessive.
Sir Jerric

Postby Druggeddwarf » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:58 pm

Hey guys.

Sooooooooo I'm in the UK, which makes me UTC+0, which means that I am probably at the most inconvinent time for most of you all - but Wednesdays are usually free for me if I could jump in a game at that time.
Druggeddwarf

Next

Return to Safehouse