Traits and Burdens:
Drive: Make a name for myself
Profession: Mercenary
Specialty: Close range combat
Feature: Twitchy
Personality: Brash

Other Traits:
None

Tragedy: My family grew up in poverty - I didn't even know I was an Oracle until just a few years ago because we couldn't afford the tests.

Destiny: Turn respectable and earn a position as a lawman.

Secrets known: None

Powers:
aElectrum 5
-Instinctive Burning: You instinctively start burning Electrum in response to threats, gaining Defense Dice from Electrum whenever you’re attacked — even when you aren't aware of the impending attack (e.g. when you’re ambushed or attacked in your sleep). This grants no extra benefit if you’re attacked while already burning Electrum.

fSteel 4
[Charges tracked elsewhere]

Equipment:
(Pa) Twinborn Kit, vial - 3 charges of Electrum
(Pb) Twinborn Kit, metalmind - Steel bracer around left upper-arm, holds 100 charges
(P) Doubled Metalmind (small) - Earring, 100-charge capacity
(P) Heispel Pump shotgun - +2 damage; 8 shots; Close/Medium
(P) Obsidian hatchet - +1 damage; Touch/Striking; Contains no metal

AP:
10 to start
-6 for aElectrum 5

----

@DM
Do we have to have a talk about the degree to which fSteel can add to gunplay rolls? I mean, you know me, I'll always say that more speed never hurts, but...

My thoughts on aElectrum and it's broader utility, for reference.

-----

Backstory:

Not much of one at the moment beyond some glimmerings and the Destiny/Tragedy. Mercenary who's known for getting the job done and has yet to meet a real challenge: is pretty far along on his "make a name for himself" Drive.

I see him as operating in a very very darkly gray area legally, having had less than friendly but not outright antagonistic relations with the authorities in the past. But fight fire with fire...

Context
Last edited by Kurkistan on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:30 am, edited 7 times in total.
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Re: Sigurd

Post by Kurkistan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:09 am

Feruchemical Storage:
  1. Earring - 100/100
  2. Left-arm bracer - 20/100
Last edited by Kurkistan on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Post by Kurkistan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:09 am

RESERVED
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:40 pm

Kurkistan wrote:Do we have to have a talk about the degree to which fSteel can add to gunplay rolls? I mean, you know me, I'll always say that more speed never hurts, but...
Remind me what we've done in past adventures? Or even in our arena duel with Sig? This is actually the first Era2 adventure I've ever run, so I don't have many set preferences/opinions yet. I'm also of the opinion that speed should be a huge help in gunfights, particularly in dodging bullets, but I'm not sure where I want to land on the mechanics. I don't, for example, what to let steelrunners be so OP that everyone who isn't a steelrunner feels useless by comparison.
Kurkistan wrote:My thoughts on aElectrum and it's broader utility, for reference.
I'm pretty sure I've stated my position on Electrum before. I still am not convinced that future-signalling yourself is even functionally possible, but even if it is it would definitely fall into the realm of needing a stunt to do it. Regardless, for the scope of this adventure (and for the sake of our newer players) I would prefer if we avoided the more esoteric applications of Electrum, whether or not they're feasible.
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Post by Kurkistan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:05 pm

Herowannabe wrote:
Kurkistan wrote:Do we have to have a talk about the degree to which fSteel can add to gunplay rolls? I mean, you know me, I'll always say that more speed never hurts, but...
Remind me what we've done in past adventures? Or even in our arena duel with Sig? This is actually the first Era2 adventure I've ever run, so I don't have many set preferences/opinions yet. I'm also of the opinion that speed should be a huge help in gunfights, particularly in dodging bullets, but I'm not sure where I want to land on the mechanics. I don't, for example, what to let steelrunners be so OP that everyone who isn't a steelrunner feels useless by comparison.
I think it never actually came up with gunplay in the arena duel: I was conserving my charges and then you stole Lola from me. Then I beat you to death with a hatchet.

Pawing into the dusty reaches of my mind, we had a brief mention of it in Sig's original thread where it looks like Crafty wants fSteel to be powerful for gunplay. This built ontop of a rather lengthy period of time where we'd been arguing about it in the forum at large.

One bit of reassurance is that your tweaked Nudge-damage rules means that the most OP use of the OP won't be a thing anymore.
Herowannabe wrote:
Kurkistan wrote:My thoughts on aElectrum and it's broader utility, for reference.
I'm pretty sure I've stated my position on Electrum before. I still am not convinced that future-signalling yourself is even functionally possible, but even if it is it would definitely fall into the realm of needing a stunt to do it. Regardless, for the scope of this adventure (and for the sake of our newer players) I would prefer if we avoided the more esoteric applications of Electrum, whether or not they're feasible.
Sure thing. That makes sense.

Sorry for not recalling your position, I hadn't done the work of digging through old posts looking for it.
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:14 am

Just going through and double checking character sheets- it looks like you haven't spent any of your 10 AP yet, right?
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Post by Kurkistan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:16 am

I have not. Partially I’m waiting to hear from you how plentiful AP will be mid-mission, as I’m tempted to just jack aElectrum up to 5, then 6 after we get 2 more AP.
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:25 am

Oh yeah! Sorry I forgot to get back to you on that one. Let's see here...

*skims the adventure*

I would expect somewhere around 3-5 AP for each player up for grabs over the course of the adventure.
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Post by Kurkistan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:29 am

Sounds good, I’ll do that then. Consider the non-Crew-based parts of the sheet finalized.

Return to “The Crew”