Profesion: Ex-noble/ beggar
Speciality: Ear for lies
Feature: Air of superiority
Personality: Confident
Traits: 2
-Learned skill: "Dueling"
-Instinctive knacks: Sneaky

Tragedy:
My parents kicked me out of my house and denied my existence when they saw that I wasn't manifesting powers.

Powers: None

Destiny: To get off the streets and start a new life

Secrets Known:

Equipment:
-Lockpicks- Useful when picking locks
-Fancy light blue cloak (dirty)- Useful when blending into high society events?
-Dueling cane - Stone-headed cane carried by nobles for defense and duels; contains no metals
-Cohnvave Two-Shot - A tiny pistol that fits up a sleeve or in a purse

AP: ?

Backstory for first MAG game (Herowannabe as narrator):

My parents ruled one of the main noble Houses in Garmet, they successfully furnished and distributed electricity to every corner of the city. Thus, from a by-passer’s perspective the Seymers House seemed like nice people… But ohh, were they wrong! 6 years ago, my parents, the Seymers ‎Family, made me suffer unbearable scenarios that I’d prefer not to talk about. They basically tortured me and almost killed me to find out if I’d manifest any powers…and let’s just say they weren’t happy when they figured out that I didn’t have any special skills.
6 years ago, was also the year where my parents kicked me out of my house and denied my very own existence to the public. The fact that I wasn’t an Allomancer meant that I was of no use to them. They lied, mislead and duped the civilians, creating stories about my death and how heartbroken they were about the loss of their son.
Now, I live with my father's light blue colored cloak, in the streets, as a beggar in the very own city that my parents left me to rot ages ago. I spend my days scavenging for food and hoping that one day, I’ll have enough money to travel far away from this nightmare. However, I'm confident that things will get better, mainly 'cause it can't be worst than what I'm living now.

Backstoryfor second MAG game (Sir Jerric as narrator):

After all the events in Garmet, I decided to start fresh. I went as far from Garmet as my money let me and I ended up stuck with no money in a small town filled with farmers "the hamlet of Hammond". It wasn’t ideal by any means but anything was better than my old life in my home town.
Last edited by BillSmiley on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BillSmiley

Postby Herowannabe » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:23 am

Looking good so far!

Re: Traits:

For your Feature, the “blue cloak” and “quarterstaff” would go under equipment, not features, so you should cut that back to ponytail. Or perhaps focus in on describing how your character looks. Does he cut a dashing figure? Debonair? Grungy and dirty? Does he have a particularly lean build or large frame? Pick the one thing about him (other than wardrobe) that would help someone pick him out in a crowd.

Likewise, for personality, all of those are good options but pick the one that defines him the most- the others still might apply for role-playing purposes, but your Personality trait is the one thing that most defines you. For example, take Kelsier’s Personality: he’s got multiple personality traits (loathing for nobles, cunning and scheming, etc), but the one that would most define him would be “Always cheerful, even when things are the worst” (or perhaps “arrogant/confident”)

For your equipment, you get to pick one prop for each point of resource you have (so 2 in your case). There are equipment tables in the MAG and in all the supplements. This is where you would list things like your light blue cloak and quarterstaff (though we are playing in the Alloy of Law era, so a dueling cane or even a handgun might be more fitting than a quarterstaff. Your call though).
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby BillSmiley » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:18 pm

Thanks for the feedback, I've updated my character (added the equipment and changed the features + personality). Quick question though, what is AP? action points? and what do they do? cause I've heard that we start with 10 extra or something..
BillSmiley

Postby Herowannabe » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:06 am

Advancement Points. They’re basically experience points- you spend them to gain new traits and stunts or to upgrade attributes and Powers. The MAG has the costs for upgrade listed in it under the section titled (I think) “improving heroes.”
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Return to The Crew