Kadrok
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Name: Abby

asr :
Phy: 6[11] -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 10/10[15]

Cha: 3 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 3/3 -- Wil: 7/7
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Revenge against the Oppressors!
Profession: Fugitive
Specialty: Brutal Combatant
Feature: Lithe frame
Personality: Passionate
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy
Pewter 5
-Denser Tissues 2
-Extreme Speed

City Dweller
-Face in the Crowd

Gunplay
InventoryInventoryInventory(PP) Misting Vials (2) - Each contains 3 charges of Pewter
(P) Heispel Pump shotgun - Damage: +2; Magazine: 8 shots; Range: Close/Medium; Stolen up-market police shotgun
(P) Hunting knife - Damage: +2; Range: Touch/Striking; An extremely large steel knife

Re: Ruin Raisers!

Post by Kadrok » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:25 pm

Something like this?
Out Of Character: Click to revealShow
Name: "Lucidity"
Concept: Mysterious Masked Bandit
Cause: In it for the money!
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 72 kg

Attributes
Physique: 5
Charm: 3
Wits: 4

Standings
Resources: 4
Influence: 3
Spirit: 2

Traits
Drive: Rise to the top
Profession: Mercenary
Specialty: Out of the box thinking
Feature: Ambidextrous
Personality: Haunted

Powers
Allomancy
Iron 4

Feruchemy
Zinc 4
-Sparker Shot

Gunplay
-Dual Wielding

Equipment
(Pa) Zincminds (1) - Average-sized bracer metalmind, left arm; stores 100 charges of Mental Speed; Twinborn's kit
(Pb) Misting Vials (1) - Contains 3 charges of Iron and hard liquor to dull the headaches; Twinborn's kits
(P) Bulletproof Vest - Thick leather vest woven with pads and metal plates; absorbs 2 damage from physical attacks
(P) Left Sterrion 36 revolver - Damage: +2; Capacity: 6 shots; Range: Close/Medium; an effcient, reliable gun with excellent range and stopping power
(P) Right Sterrion 36 revolver - Damage: +2; Capacity: 6 shots; Range: Close/Medium; an effcient, reliable gun with excellent range and stopping power

Tragedy: There's no room in this world for someone like me.

Destiny: Find a place I can start again.

AP: 1
Finally doing the Sparker Shot/Dual Wielding combo I've been wanting to do since AoL came out.
Cabochard

Name: Bren

asr :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 3/3 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 1/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 3/3 -- Wil: 8/8
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Revenge Against the Nobility
Profession: Bandit
Specialty: Danger Sense
Feature: Scarred
Personality: Unstable
Tin 5 (Hemalurgic Spike [Steel])

Feruchemy
Steel 5
-Steelrunner Reload
Charges
Left Leg Steel Bracer: -/100
Steel Spike: -/100
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Twinborn's Kit
-1 Average-Size Steelmind (Left Leg) - Capacity: 100
-1 Misting Vial - Contains 3 charges of Tin.
(PP) Terringul Ripper Automatic Pistol - Damage +1; Ammo: 12 shots or 1 Salvo; Range: Close/Medium
(N/A) 1 Hemalurgic Steel Spike through the heart - Grants Tin Allomancy 5; holds 100 charges of Speed.

ap: 2

Post by Cabochard » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:26 am

Hey, this sounds like fun, I'd be down to play, if you've got the space.

Character-wise, I think I'll take you up on the chance to grab a spike with advancements - I'm thinking of doing a guy (a Steel Ferring) who got kidnapped by a sliverist trying to figure Hemalurgy out, and got "lucky" enough to be a successful try (probably gaining Tin Allomancy, but I'm pretty flexible there). He would've managed to escape, and get out into the Roughs to get away from the noble's hunters. Out there he would have had plenty of time to get very bitter at the upper crust and all the folk who side with them, and want bloody, violent revenge. And, hey, revenge needs funding and allies and sometimes horrible, morally-questionable actions.

I've got a sheet all ready if you'll take me, though I'm still agonizing over which Feruchemical/Allomantic powers he should have. This is my first time doing anything on this site, though, so I might need a bit of help.
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Name: Kurz

asr :
Phy: 7 -- Res: 3/3 -- Hea: 12/12

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 4/4 -- Wil: 8/8
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Regain former position within my tribe
Profession: Bodyguard
Specialty: Wilderness Survival
Feature: Koloss Tattoos
Personality: Resentful
PowersPowersPowersKoloss-blooded: +1 physique (max of 7), +2D with rolls involving physical strength

-Dense Muscle: Kurz's muscles are especially tough as well as being exceedingly strong. He suffers 1 less damage from physical attacks.

-Tough: Kurz is exceedingly durable, his Health is permanently increased by 2.

-Multi-Attack: If Kurz is wielding a large weapon (such as his Koloss Blade), he can use it to attack several people at once, as long as they are all within range. You may make a multi-attack against as many targets as the total damage bonus of the weapon (e.g. 4 targets for a Koloss blade). When making a multi-attack, make a single attack roll which each target must defend against individually. Targets who are hit suffer 1 point of damage +1 per nudge spent.
InventoryInventoryInventory(PP) Koloss Blade: +4 Damage, striking/striking. Etched with symbols from Kurz's former tribe.
(P) Bottle of Rotgut: Good for dulling painful memories.

ap: 5

Post by Herowannabe » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:57 am

Cabochard wrote:probably gaining Tin Allomancy
Ah, a man after my own heart (Tin allomancy has always been my personal favorite. Probably because of Spook :D )
Cabochard wrote:This is my first time doing anything on this site, though, so I might need a bit of help.
No worries, we'll walk you through it. There's not too much to it.

Edit: Got the basics of my character roughed out. I still consider this a work in progress, and I'm not 100% settled on a lot of the traits, stunts, and equipment, and I still haven't spent any starting AP. Seeing as how it's looking like at least two other members of the crew will (for all intents and purposes) be twinborn, I'm leaning towards dropping any allomantic powers and sticking with a plain koloss-blooded character so as to not oversaturate the crew with powers. I am VERY much open to suggestions and opinions from my fellow players, so if anyone would like me to take Kurz in a particular direction, feel free to speak up. ;)
Kadrok
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Name: Abby

asr :
Phy: 6[11] -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 10/10[15]

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 3/3 -- Wil: 7/7
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Revenge against the Oppressors!
Profession: Fugitive
Specialty: Brutal Combatant
Feature: Lithe frame
Personality: Passionate
Pewter 5
-Denser Tissues 2
-Extreme Speed

City Dweller
-Face in the Crowd

Gunplay
InventoryInventoryInventory(PP) Misting Vials (2) - Each contains 3 charges of Pewter
(P) Heispel Pump shotgun - Damage: +2; Magazine: 8 shots; Range: Close/Medium; Stolen up-market police shotgun
(P) Hunting knife - Damage: +2; Range: Touch/Striking; An extremely large steel knife

Post by Kadrok » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:33 am

Herowannabe wrote:I am VERY much open to suggestions and opinions from my fellow players, so if anyone would like me to take Kurz in a particular direction, feel free to speak up. ;)
You definitely want Koloss-blooded, right? And having powers was why he was exiled.

Hrrrrrmmmmm.

I was tempted to try and talk you into playing a Steel/Steel godmode build since this seems like the perfect game for those kinds of shenanigans. But if your heart is set on Koloss that doesn't work...

I feel like there's some awesome build we could do around the Terringul Ripper (the gun that can fire single shots or salvos)... maybe with Steelrunner Reload? It says you need at least 10 shots to fire the Salvo, so I'm pretty sure you can (have to?) empty the whole clip which would let you proc the reload stunt.

So...

BEAT 1: Salvo, Proc Steelrunner Reload, Instant reload for 5 Charges.
BEAT 2: Salvo, Proc Steelrunner Reload, Instant reload for 5 Charges.
etc.

You basically stand there firing a submachine gun. SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!

Koloss gives you more Physique to roll dice, and more damage resistance or whatever, so you can just keep mowing people down with your submachine gun.

So that is my suggestion. Gangsta Koloss-blooded with a Machine Gun who uses Steelrunner Reload to keep the Machine gun loaded, and runs all over the place with the Koloss Speed-Stunt.

EDIT: Bonus Points if you pick up the "legendary gun" stunt for your Ripper. I don't even remember what it does, but it'd be super cool :D :D :D
Der Alleskrieg

Narrator

Post by Der Alleskrieg » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:27 am

Conquestor wrote:Hey! I was wondering if there aas enough room for one more deranged lunatic in this gang. I have no idea what kind of character I want to make, but give me a couple of days, and I will be ready, if you let me join. ;) 3:D
Yes! In fact, there is room for many more deranged lunatics!!!
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

asr :

TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Regain former position within my tribe
PowersPowersPowersKoloss-blooded: +1 physique (max of 7), +2D with rolls involving physical strength

-Dense Muscle: Kurz's muscles are especially tough as well as being exceedingly strong. He suffers 1 less damage from physical attacks.

-Multi-Attack: If Kurz is wielding a large weapon (such as his Koloss Blade), he can use it to attack several people at once, as long as they are all within range. You may make a multi-attack against as many targets as the total damage bonus of the weapon (e.g. 4 targets for a Koloss blade). When making a multi-attack, make a single attack roll which each target must defend against individually. Targets who are hit suffer 1 point of damage +1 per nudge spent.
InventoryInventoryInventory(PP) Koloss Blade: +4 Damage, striking/striking. Etched with symbols from Kurz's former tribe.

Post by Herowannabe » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:57 am

Kadrok wrote:You definitely want Koloss-blooded, right? And having powers was why he was exiled.

Hrrrrrmmmmm.
That’s what I was originally thinking, but now I’m leaning towards changing that. We already have two twinborn in the crew, so having another character with Strong powers isn’t really necessary and is sort of starting to strain plausibility. So now I’m kind of thinking of going the opposite. Rough draft backstory (not set in stone yet): Kurz was son of the Chief, a capable brave, and on his way to inherit an honored position in the tribe. However, during the trials to earn their spikes, Kurz’s main rival manifested powers (I’m thinking feruchemy, since the Koloss honor terrismen so much), winning the spikes and great acclamation from the tribe. Kurz lashed out in anger and jealousy, violating tribal law and was exiled as a result. As an added twist, I’m thinking that when Kurz’s rival was presented with spikes, he/she (a female rival would be interesting) wasn’t given the normal 4 iron spikes, but rather 2 iron spikes and 1 spike of a different metal, long since held sacred by the tribe and rarely ever bestowed on any member of the tribe (so maybe Kurz’s rival could be the steelrunner-god you’re envisioning 3:D )

Re: fSteel:

I could still be persuaded to go with a power, but it probably wouldn’t be fSteel, mainly because @Cabochard is already thinking of doing a steel-runner.
Der Alleskrieg

Narrator

Post by Der Alleskrieg » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:58 am

Kadrok wrote: I feel like there's some awesome build we could do around the Terringul Ripper (the gun that can fire single shots or salvos)...
Ah, the Terringul Ripper, my favorite gun as well! 3:D :twisted: 3:D :twisted:

Anyways, everyone's ideas so far seem really awesome, but @Kadrok, your drive trait needs to be less vague. Rise to the top of what? I know you're going for the "Mysterious Stranger" vibe, but that's a bit too mysterious and vague for a good trait. Everything else is pretty good though ;)
Der Alleskrieg

Narrator

Post by Der Alleskrieg » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:14 pm

Your character concepts are cool, however, I've got a few questions, comments, and concerns:

Your characters don't seem very... financially motivated for a group that's "In it for the money"! I suggest you find a different crew cause or perhaps explain why your characters are more financially motivated than they seem to be.

They also seem a bit too heroic for a villainous campaign. I mean, they're allowed to be sympathetic, but they also have to be unambiguously villainous. The kind Wax wouldn't hesitate to put down (no, you're not going to be fighting Wax, that's just an example). (Metaphorical) Rabid dogs, if you will.

Also, the crew really needs a name. Something like "the (Insert town or region) Butchers", "(Insert crew leader's name)'s Band", "the Steel Fiends", or even a crew named after the campaign ("the Ruin Raisers"). I know those are kind of ridiculous and/or over-the-top, but those were just some ideas.
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

asr :

Post by Herowannabe » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:54 pm

I'll confess that I don't have any real desire to play a purely evil "I kill puppies because it's funny" type of character, so intentionally imagined Kurz to have a strong sense of Koloss-honor. But that's not to say he's a nice guy, he has his dark side, too, I just haven't gone into that part of his backstory yet. He has a complete disdain and contempt for humans (fellow members of the gang excluded...barely...most of the time), and has absolutely no qualms killing and/or robbing them. I assure you, he's definitely the sort of butcherous thug that Waxilliam would hunt down. 3:D

You are right about his motivation though. Right now I see him as someone the crew picked up along the way and uses for grunt work, while Kurz views the crew as sort of a stepping stone / a replacement for his tribe, finding some comfort with the "I take what I want because I'm stronger than you" mentality common between outlaw gangs and koloss tribes. But his desire to actually get wealth is somewhat lacking. I'll give it some thought and see if I can work a financial motivation into his character. That, or figure out a way to tie Kurz's loyalty to one of the other characters (perhaps Kurz owes them a great personal debt for something?) whose motivations ARE financially inclined. OR, if we decide to change the crew's cause to something else ("burn it all down," "overthrow the government," "get revenge on ____," etc,) then Kurz will fit in nicely as he stands now.

Return to “Safehouse”