Building a Group

Advertisements for games in the making. Approved crews will be added to a new group, that will have its' own sub-forum.

Moderators: Kadrok, Gil-galad

Kurik

Building a Group

Post by Kurik » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:32 pm

Just here to say that I'm trying to put together a group. I'm planning on being the Narrator, though I can let someone else take that role if it feels right. Probably going to end up playing on Roll20, using Google Sheets to store data. You can read my Reddit post for more information: https://www.reddit.com/r/Mistborn/comme ... _mistborn/
Feel free to reply here if you like, but I'll be checking Reddit more often because this place doesn't seem very active.
Gargoyle

Re: Building a Group

Post by Gargoyle » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:47 pm

Responded to Reddit, curious about schedule. I live on Pacific time zone, for reference
Zath

Post by Zath » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:22 am

I might be interested in playing. My schedule's fairly open (I'm on USA Mountain Standard Time, by the way), so I should be able to do the once-a-week or twice-monthly thing. Not on Sundays, though. And probably no later than 11:00 pm MST on any day (which is a bit hypocritical, as I'm posting this after 11:00 pm :roll: ).
I have the Mistborn Adventure Game core rulebook and all the supplements, plus I've read all the Mistborn novels and short stories, not to mention the rest of Sanderson's published Cosmere books, so no worries about spoilers. (However, I have NOT read the "Justice, Like Ash" adventure in the Terris supplement)

A few questions:

Would we all play by text-only posting (like most of the adventures on this site), or by voice/video chat? Or is that still undecided?

What's your stance on vulgarity / violence / sexual content / etc? If I were to play, then I wouldn't be comfortable with anything beyond what's in the Mistborn novels. So, say about PG-13 for violence, and PG for vulgarity (including blasphemy) and sexual content.

Do you have some kind of campaign in mind already? Or are you planning on having the players create their own campaign? (Judging by your Reddit post, I'm guessing the latter)
Gargoyle

Post by Gargoyle » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:34 am

Aw, so when I'm most ready, you're probably asleep? :-P
Seconded on the ratings though.
He said he has an idea for an adventure that can use pretty much any crew, so think that's your answer?
Kurik

Post by Kurik » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:38 am

All good questions. For the record, I'm also in Mountain time. I tend to keep a late schedule, but I can adjust if needed.

We will most likely play using voice chat (and maybe video as well) on Roll20. If the players would prefer Steam's Tabletop Simulator, I can do that as well. Honestly the simulator is much cooler, it's just more resource intensive and costs money. Roll20 is free and works in-browser.

I plan to keep the adventure around the same level of profanity as the books. Players are encouraged to avoid excessive cursing, but I'm not outright banning it. (Slurs, of course, are very much discouraged.) Cursing in-character is perfectly fine, but again, no extremes. No sexual content is planned, but if a player wishes to pursue a sexual interaction, that interaction will happen "off screen" and will not be described beyond the result. As for violence, I won't be getting into gory details very often - mostly just to create set moments. Combat might happen fairly often depending on how the crew decides to handle its problems, but it won't be a sadistic bloodfest.

At the moment I have a setting with a lot of intrigue for the crew to uncover. I am leaving out the specifics until I know what kind of crew the players want to build, because this setting allows for anything from the meanest skaa thieves to the moderately-respected nobility to be plausible. That said, the setting does provide a few different targets that the crew will naturally be drawn toward in order to maintain the status quo or reshape it in a way which is beneficial to them.
Kurik

Post by Kurik » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:58 am

It's occurred to me that I should probably have a place to coordinate everybody across everywhere I've been posting this stuff. Let me know what chat services you guys like to use so I can set up a group on whatever's popular. I have a preference for Google chat and Discord.
Bill Whitmore

Post by Bill Whitmore » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:36 am

I am interested but Thursday evenings after about 6PM, Pacific Time, are the only time I am usually available. Work takes up most of my weekends and evenings at the moment. :|

I also prefer Discord for chat. I've had experience with Roll20 and while it does offer in browser chat, it doesn't work as well as Discord.
Kurik

Post by Kurik » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:48 am

Cool, there's a Discord server going now. If we need to use something else for some reason we can, but for now it's where everybody's gathering. I'll PM everyone here a link to it.
Kurik

Post by Kurik » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:26 pm

Just to save Zath and Gargoyle some time, I'll keep this post edited with our current planned schedule until I see you guys in the Discord chat.

Monday nights at around 6:30 Mountain Time
Kurik

Post by Kurik » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:44 pm

It looks like we have enough folks now, so unless something changes recruitment is closed.

Return to “Recruitment”