Pre First Era

Advertisements for games in the making. Approved crews will be added to a new group, that will have its' own sub-forum.

Moderators: Kadrok, Gil-galad

Evadamal

Pre First Era

Post by Evadamal » Sun May 13, 2018 3:40 pm

Hey :D

Trying to start up a new game. Don't have a plot in mind as suxh just kinda letting the players run wild and fo whatever. Nothing can possibly go wrong with that right? Set about 100 before the event of Final Empire.

Here's the link for the roll20 listing
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/114999/mistborn
Zath

Re: Pre First Era

Post by Zath » Sun May 13, 2018 7:07 pm

Hmmm, I'm tempted. But I'm already a player in two on-going games, plus I'm Narrating a real life campaign and a battle in the Arena thread.
Of course, from what I gather, participating in multiple campaigns at once seems to be a fairly common occurrence on this site. ;)

So... put me down as a "maybe, but probably only if you need another player and everyone's too impatient to wait for someone else to turn up". ;)

EDIT: Oh, also, if you have any players that aren't familiar with the novels -- looking at Roll20, it seems like you might have one already -- and you need something to introduce the world and doesn't have too many spoilers (and won't break any copyright laws), I wrote a short story for some of my own players that should fit in nicely with your intended time frame. Feel free to use it, if you want! (I'm rather proud of it, if you couldn't tell. :roll: ) Heck, feel free to adjust/rewrite it how you like.

Here it is: http://steelministry.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1309
(BTW, I won't be offended if you don't use it -- or if you don't even read it. Just thought I'd offer, since the whole purpose of me writing it was to introduce players who've never read the books to the world of Mistborn)
Evadamal

Post by Evadamal » Thu May 17, 2018 12:46 pm

That's really awesome! Good read and I think it will introduce the setting perfectly. Thanks!
I've got 3 players so far, shooting for at least 4. I've pushed back the date a week to accommodate one player but if nobody else is interested by the time we start I'd love to have you join us :D
Zath

Post by Zath » Tue May 22, 2018 6:02 pm

You're welcome, and thank you! Sorry for not responding sooner; I'm still undecided. :oops: :roll:

I do have a couple questions for you:
What's your stance on vulgarity / violence / sexual content / etc? If I were to play, then I wouldn't be comfortable with anything beyond what's in the Mistborn novels. So, say about PG-13 for violence, and PG for sexual content and vulgarity (including blasphemy).
I mean, the Final Empire is a pretty dark place, so I'd be okay if we touched on more mature subjects, so long as there's nothing explicit (particularly with regards to sexual content). A fade-to-black approach, basically.

Less importantly: will you be using any of the MAG supplements (Terris: Wrought of Copper and/or Skaa: TIn & Ash), or just the core rule-book?
Evadamal

Post by Evadamal » Wed May 23, 2018 10:14 am

Well to be honest I don't think I could guarantee that everything would be kept PG. While I don't go for over gratuitous violence or graphic sex scenes I prefer not to be censored. Plus I'm not a Christian or a follower of any of the Abrahamics so I think we may have very different views on what constitutes blasphemy.

I do have and will be using all the supplements
Zath

Post by Zath » Wed May 23, 2018 9:25 pm

Thanks for answering. :)
Ok, so... well, like I said, as long the game's content doesn't go beyond what's in the Mistborn novels, I should be fine with it.

To clarify (and mostly just FYI), my definition of "blasphemy" would be using "God" or "Jesus Christ" as swears or curses.
For example: I stub my toe and shout "jeez!" Or I see something remarkable and say "oh my gosh." Except I didn't say "jeez" or "gosh". Stuff like that.
(I mean, the actual words "jeez" and "gosh" would be okay. You get what I'm saying, right? Maybe?)
Seeing as how the game is in the Final Empire, and in-world "blasphemy" swears are like "Lord Ruler!" or "What in the Lord Ruler's name...?", I doubt it'll be much of an issue. Even if it did become an issue, I wouldn't go on a fire-and-brimstone rant or anything like that. ;)

I could give it a go, and if it gets too uncomfortable for me I can just quietly bow out. With that in mind, I would create a character that's not too integral to the plot or the Crew.

What do you think? This is your game, after all, so if you think my presence would cause problems or cripple the story, it's absolutely fine if you say no. I won't be offended. :)
Evadamal

Post by Evadamal » Thu May 24, 2018 1:18 pm

I'm happy to give it a go, and will try to make sure it's a fun environment for you :)

Links for joining up:
https://app.roll20.net/join/3291855/YXA_Uw
https://discord.gg/weaUg3t
Kadrok
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Kadrok » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:59 am

I'm just here to make the observation that if your name ended with another L, it would be Llama Dave backwards.

Return to “Recruitment”