Gauging Interest: Will of the Oligarchy

Advertisements for games in the making. Approved crews will be added to a new group, that will have its' own sub-forum.

Moderators: Kadrok, Gil-galad

Postby Bill Whitmore » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:56 pm

Since I first read Tellingdwar's post about rules for building Houses, I've been thinking about an idea for a game, so I am looking to gauge what kind of player interest there is for such a game.

I'll need to tweak the house rules somewhat for the game I have in mind, but the basics are as follows.

The setting would be during the Lord Ruler's reign and located in the Southern Dominance. Each player would create and play an oligarch and the house they rule. There would likely be about a dozen houses in total vying for control of shipping, fishing, plantations, island agriculture, mining or whatever else players can think of that's plausible.

Each player would also create 3 other heroic lieutenants based on their House Bloodlines Strength (The exact breakdown of House Bloodline strength to heroic characters is one of the areas I am still considering.). These lieutenants would be NPCs but would act according to player designs. The player can assign them tasks and they'll report back as their progress dictated. They would also be very loyal to the house, though not unfailingly so. It IS possible that they could be bribed or blackmailed but expect the base Difficulty to be about 5 in such instances.

The vast majority of other house members are considered extras.

So that's the basic gist of the campaign. If there is enough interest, we can look into plugging in some more details.

* * * Character Creation Rules * * *
Coalition: The Coalition should be decided upon first as it may dictate what kinds of houses would be members of the coalition.

House: The House should be created that fits within the coalition but before PCs are made as it may limit the number of powered characters.

Oligarch: Must be Noble. Other than that, they are made using the standard character creation rules. They may be allomancers within the limits of the Houses bloodline strength.

Lieutenants: Usually Nobles. Could be Terrismen, though not Feruchemist. Possibly Kandra by sacrificing a Misting slot. Skaa in very exceptional circumstances. Within those restriction, they are made as normal characters.

* * * Interested Players * * *
Gargoyle
Herowannabe - Maybe
Kadrok
Sir Jerric
Strigo
Last edited by Bill Whitmore on Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Bill Whitmore

Postby Kadrok » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:43 pm

Cool. What are the rules for the Oligarch?
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Bill Whitmore » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:59 pm

Oligarchs would be made using the standard character creation tools. The only real restriction is they would have to be Nobles.

I am currently undecided as to whether or not to count Oligarch Allomancers against the house's bloodline strength.
Bill Whitmore

Postby Kadrok » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:49 pm

Oooooh. Coolness. And the Lieutenants?
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Gargoyle » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:10 pm

Sounds really freakin' awesome, and I've been itching to try out the rules, but I'm now involved in two other games :shock:
So, only if no one else wants to.
Gargoyle

Postby Kadrok » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:12 pm

I'm sad the noble supplement isn't out yet.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:48 pm

I may be biting off more than I can chew, but color me interested.

One Oligarch and two or three lieutenants would work fine I think. If you think of House Venture in the books- the House that we learned the most about- it really had 1 Oligarch (Straff), 2 lieutenants (Zane and TenSoon), and 1 Black sheep (Elend). (speaking of which I still really love the Black Sheep idea. But that's just me).
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Bill Whitmore » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:02 pm

Edited the initial post with general character creation rules.

Herowannabe wrote:One Oligarch and two or three lieutenants would work fine I think. If you think of House Venture in the books- the House that we learned the most about- it really had 1 Oligarch (Straff), 2 lieutenants (Zane and TenSoon), and 1 Black sheep (Elend). (speaking of which I still really love the Black Sheep idea. But that's just me).

The Black Sheep idea is interesting and if we were playing in a setting where every player was from the same house I would probably use it.

As is, each player is already creating 3 NPCs I'll need to adjudicate.
Bill Whitmore

Postby Herowannabe » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:05 pm

Note: to be clear, I am proposing that each player creates 2 lieutenants and 1 black sheep, so still 3 NPCs total.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:13 pm

Screw it, I'm in. For the Glory of House Kadrok!
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Next

Return to Recruitment