A crew of professionals going through their midlife crises

Advertisements for games in the making. Approved crews will be added to a new group, that will have its' own sub-forum.

Moderators: Kadrok, Gil-galad

Postby Kadrok » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:49 pm

Anyone want to narrate this? Basically the idea is it's a group of professionals around 38 (Noble; may have been childhood friends) who at midlife have become disillusioned with how different their lives are from the adventure and romance they imagined as kids... so they team up for one last shot at being the bad-ass adventurers they were always meant to be! (They will obviously start out fairly hapless...)

At the moment we have:

Postwick Penrod (+1 Nerdy Name!) the successful Metallurgist and Lurcher
"Postwick is a fairly successful, but kind of irrelevant, metallurgist. He grew up always imagining he'd be a total bad-ass Mistborn (this switched to Misting when he snapped into Iron), but his career kind of got in the way, and before he knew it he was nearly 40 having done nothing he set out to. Sure he's fairly well off, and is quite skilled with his powers (he pretty much just leaves his Iron burning and uses it to fetch things... he treats his Iron like another limb... hence Slow burning and all the Vials) but none of the adventure and romance (he never married) he was so drawn to growing up.
(This one's mine)

And tec is putting together a Botanist Rioter.
Last edited by Kadrok on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:54 pm

(I'd prefer no Mistborn for this adventure, if that's okay with everyone, I think they would detract from the hapless nature of the crew. Also, if anyone has ever wanted to play as an Augur, and see if they can make it a useful skill - I speculate a lot on this... scouting and such - then now's your chance! Also... who feels like narrating this, if we ever do it?)
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:31 pm

I don't think I'd be up for narrating anything just yet- I'm already narrating 2 IRL games and participating in 2 PBP adventures here. And if and when I do feel up to narrating another campaign I already have a good idea in mind that I think will be a lot of fun for all involved. No spoilers though so don't ask! ;)

But I like this idea, and it's got the gears in my head churning. I'm thinking I'd like to play a guy who always expected to snap, like most of his friends have done, but who never did. He still holds out hope that he will and is constantly getting into fights and brawls that leave him beaten half to death, hoping that when he awakens he will be a Misting or Mistborn.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:49 pm

Kick-ass!
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby tecslicer » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:38 am

Well I'm not gonna narrate it! I want to play *sniffle* *sniffle* *Tiny violin*
And I might not go with the Botanist, I might go with the head chef Soother.
tecslicer
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:02 am

Lol, I definitely don't think Tec should narrate especially as he was the second to jump on board.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:00 am

Well why don't you narrate it Kadrok? It's your idea after all... ;)
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:19 am

True, but I originally conceived just a character... which has evidently spawned a whole movement of Mid-life crisis Nobles ;)

Honestly, I'm not sure I have enough time for all the behind the scenes work narrating takes, not on top of my other commitments. Plus... I wanna play poor old Postwick dammit!

(That said, I am willing to run the 'Agent's of the South' scenario, but will have to wait till this semester of Honours is done)

Eh, I'm sure we'll get someone to narrate it eventually.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:01 am

Hmm... Maybe we should advertise it over on the Crafty-Games forums, see if anyone latches onto the idea and wants to Narrate.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby tecslicer » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:33 pm

Just thought I should BUMP this topic to see if there is another narrator in the new group of players, that might want to try his hand at a BPB.
tecslicer
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Next

Return to Recruitment