Adventure: Cops and robbers

Advertisements for games in the making. Approved crews will be added to a new group, that will have its' own sub-forum.

Moderators: Kadrok, Gil-galad

Postby Claincy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:29 am

Important Update
Due to unfortunate real-life stuff the startup of Cops & Crew was delayed notably and I apologize. However on the upside I am now happy to add a few more people to the game if they are interested, if enough new people wish to join I will make 2 skaa crews and 1 ministry crew. So if you want to join please post in this thread and state your preference. I can't guarantee that everyone will get their preference as their needs to be notably more skaa crewmembers than ministry (though the ministry players are more powerful) but I will try. (You don't need to read through all 11 pages here, it's not necessary.) Do NOT post anything about your planned character yet, wait till I have added you to the appropriate hidden subforum.

One final disclaimer. To my knowledge this has never been tried before with the MAG, I'll try to keep things balanced and fun for everyone but speaking of your characters: "I cannot guarantee their safety, nor will I be responsible for their fate." Understood? ;)

Edit: And I forgot the most important point. I hope to start this in ~ a weeks time.

Current Player list
(basically for my own reference)
Ministry:
Kurkistan
Bill Whitmore
Justin Case (?)

Crew 1:
Gil-galad??
Falcrum
Kadrok
tecslicer
nard1993

unassigned:
CaptReynolds
Herowannabe
Quiver
Daris

A couple more likely but uncomfirmed.

Alternatively "Ministry and crew" or similar.

Simple concept but very different to most mistborn adventures, though kind of like what I've gathered the current mini-adventure is, just on a larger scale. It is set during the later years of the final empire. The adventure needs 4-6 people. Preferably at least 5 for a ministry crew of 2 and a skaa thieving crew of 3-4. The premise is simple: the crew wants to pull a job and escape, the ministry wants to stop them and catch (or kill them). It's a case of direct opposition between the 2 crews so they would each need separate subforums and not be able to view eachothers.

The ministry crew would start out with the knowledge of the *type* of job that the crew was planning to do but very little else. The skaa crew would be planning all the details themselves. It becomes a little bit of a game of hide and seek as the skaa try to put together the pieces of the job without the ministry finding out what they are doing.

Ministry crew would be composed of
-an inquisitor (specific spikes would be decided by player/narrator)
-a prelan (similar to the example in the book in concept)

By that the ministry crew needs to work together well given that they have vastly different strengths and one possibility for the skaa crew if they worked out specifically which inquisitor and obligator were targeting would be to try to kill the obligator or disgrace the inquisitor. Difficult but still an option if the ministry crew didn't cover each-other right. The skaa crew would Not, be able to kill the inquisitor in straight up battle.

The skaa crew would be a bit more open in terms of character options. Although they would be limited to mistings and no-powers to fit the theme.

Could be fun to have a full crew against crew mystery/heist campaign like that.
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:51 am

Kadrok and I actually have a similar sort of mini-adventure going on right now, with Tec Narrating, but on a smaller scale. He's a Keeper hiding amongst the Nobility and I am a newly-made inquisitor looking to get my gold spike. I can't wait until I finally track him down so that he can hulk up and pull all of my spikes out one at a time like a little girl plucking petals off of a daisy. :)
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:49 pm

YOU WHAT?! Spoiler!!!
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:08 pm

So... in case you didn't guess, I was kept in the dark about your existence. Does this change the game for me? It's hard not to, but when you think about it, it doesn't effect unnatural changes. If I am more scared of the Steel Ministry now, I could have afforded to be more scared of the Ministry as a matter of realism (a Feruchemist hiding among the nobility). It does mean that I am likely to talk less about my character outside of the game.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:15 pm

Out of Character. Click to reveal.
Sorry about the triple post, but I think my reaction, my rationalisation, and this completely unrelated post each deserve their own boxes.

On the topic of the 2v.3 ministry game... I'd be happy to play the misting crew's coppercloud.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Justin Case » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:19 pm

I am totally down for that. I would actually prefer to play the part of the prelan. I figure he would be the brain side of the team while the inquisitor would be the muscle.
Justin Case

Postby Kadrok » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:51 pm

Those wanting to play on the side of the crew should probably not voice their preferences, but I thought a coppercloud went without saying.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby tecslicer » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:51 pm

Yep, well since the cat is out of the bag now I'll just say that I am excited to see what happens when you two meet each other, and what happens when you meet... well we'll get to that latter.
I just need to quit looking at your posts then going back to work before I resolve them. It makes the redness go away.

Also I would love to play as one of the crew! Whatever the team needs. It also might be more even a game if the inquisitor has been nerfed for some reason, or is just a misting/mistborn leader of a hazekiller team or something. Inquisitors are kind of powerful. When Hero took out that whole squad of hazekillers then spiked the coinshot while only taking one damage because he wanted to impress them... Mind = inflated.
tecslicer
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:56 pm

I'm okay with it being an inquisitor. Makes it more of a challenge. :)
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Claincy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:40 pm

lord_Ffnord wrote:though kind of like what I've gathered the current mini-adventure is, just on a larger scale.

Was aware of that =)

Anyway, I think an inquisitor would be better. The idea is that the inquisitor is too tough for the crew to beat in physical conflict, unless they manage to get some major advantage from somewhere. This stops the crew from just trying to take out the ministry team and I think makes the game more interesting. If the inquisitor finds you, you run. Point being it's not supposed to be even.the ministry are stronger, but the skaa crew has more people so can be doing more things in more places at once. The skaa also know their whole plan (obviously) while the ministry start with only the vaguest of hints. In most mistborn games people carry on, taking *some* attempts at secrecy but not that much. In this for the skaa crew keeping their activities secret is absolutely vital to their survival.

Part of what I am going for here is how normally, crews know that there are people out there more powerful than the. But unless they do something stupid they will generally be the ones in control/power. In this case the crew would know that there is someone that could kill them all, hunting them. Which is, I think, how it should feel to have an inquisitor on your trail =)

You do have a point Kadrok, crew members will have an easier time if the ministry doesn't know what they are.
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Next

Return to Recruitment