Justice, like Ash

Advertisements for games in the making. Approved crews will be added to a new group, that will have its' own sub-forum.

Moderators: Kadrok, Gil-galad

Postby BreathTaker » Thu May 15, 2014 12:25 pm

So is that a no on Tucsonans? Damn, was hoping to set up a game that could be played on my wife's mandatory "Family" game night. None of my friends have read the books except my sister in law and she thinks shes a highbrow Noble/Lighteyes. So I don't know if I could handle playing with a girl that half the time I want to be a Soother to calm her down.
BreathTaker

Postby Daris » Thu May 15, 2014 2:10 pm

Most of my RL group haven't read the books either, it's not that big of a deal. I've explained the basic setting to them and that's it. Most Pen & Paper gamers are used to unfamiliar setting - don't tell this to my DSA group but I still don't even know the names of the twelve gods and demons and stuff like that. My character doesn't really care, so that makes it easier. ^^

So far, the only player who ran into problems here is the kandra, because he needed a lot of background information and Coppermind Wiki only caused more problems. I usually spend the first session (about three hours) with character creation, explaining the rules and the background and this has worked well.
Daris

Postby BreathTaker » Thu May 15, 2014 3:27 pm

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Daris, you're amazing, thank you. Once I gain the experience necessary here, I will dominate my friends... wait I meant... screw it, DOMINATE MY FRIENDS!!!!!
BreathTaker

Postby Fenrirman » Thu May 15, 2014 5:31 pm

I usually reward my playgroup with XP if they read the source material for our settings, but I seemed so excited that Mistborn was getting a portuguese version that they ended up getting the books without be having to bribe them :lol: I plan os starting a game as soon as they all read The Final Empire (What I really want to run is an Alloy of Law-Era adventure, but I'm considering doing it here instead once the supplement comes out).
Fenrirman
Narrator
Narrator

Previous

Return to Recruitment