Alloy of Law adventure: Charcoal, sulfur and saltpeter.

Advertisements for games in the making. Approved crews will be added to a new group, that will have its' own sub-forum.

Moderators: Kadrok, Gil-galad

Postby Fenrirman » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:59 pm

Ash fell from the sky.

Or so it seemed to constable-general Brettin, as he watched the fire consume the northern section of Chromehold Prison from the edge of the isolation perimeter. The wind spreaded the ashes into the night, staining the constable's uniform with blackish soot. The 4th Octant's fire department was already taking control of the situation and had a Pulser to keep the fires from spreading quickly. The constable-general oversaw his men, who were trying to keep the populace from getting to close to the area. It had to be the north wing. The maximum-security ward were we keep the allomancers.

It was already past midnight, but the fire and the commotion woke up many curious citizens. Brettin had brought a Soother in to help with the crowd control. The lad was good af affecting crowds, but not at all subtle, some of the onlookers seemed like they had been forced into complacency by a potent drug. Suddenly, a young Coinshot courrier landed clumsily near the constable-general, scaring the rust out of the Soother.

"Constable-general, Sir!" The Coinshot girl looked extremely tired, breathing heavily. "I have the reports you requested from Bilming and Vindiel-Cameux, sir!" She took out two brownish folders from a worn knapsack and handed them to Brettin.

"Thank you, Yonna, you are dismissed, no need to report back to the constabulary tomorrow, take a day off."

As the crowd dispersed, the Soother found himself idle and began peeking at the documents handed to Brettin. "What do Bilming and Vindiel-Cameux have to do with the fire at Chromehold, sir?"

"Well, Emmend, just yesterday there were breakouts in Seatop Prison and from Cameux Correctional Facility."

The Soother's eyes widened. "But sir, the fire hasn't even been put out yet, how can we be sure this is also a breakout?"

Brettin allowed himself to smile."Son, when you have lived for as long as long as I, you learn to trust your instincts."

"I certainly trust yours, sir. Should I mobilize the men to look for potential fugitives?"

"These are no ordinary criminals, son. Just focus on keeping morale up. I already have the right people for this job."
______________________________________________________________________________________________

So, yeah! I'm narrating an AoL adventure! it's not fully prepared yet, but it should be able to begin by the end of next week or so! What is this campaign about? Chasing bandits, of course! From the basin to the Roughs and beyond, the players will be facing all sorts of bad guys. Expect action, political intrigue, at least one train robbery and several explosions (hence the name of the adventure)!

Im looking for three to five players. When building your characters for this game, please consider the reasons why constable Brettin would call your crew to hunt down bad guys. Does he have dirt on you and is forcing you to help? Has he promised to drop all your previous charges? Have you worked with the constabulary before? Or are you just a band of misfits brought together by fortune and the whims of an eccentric old constable? Anything goes (except I reserve the right to veto whatever I find harmful to the story)!

Also, i will be enforcing a few house rules. Not many, just some you guys are already using in other games here, plus a new one I'm sure you'll enjoy! More about that on the post below.

Since this is my first time narrating a game here on steelministry.com, I hereby request the necessary permissions and whatnot. I don't know how you guys do that here :lol:
Fenrirman
Narrator
Narrator

Postby Fenrirman » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:00 pm

HOUSE RULES

You guys have created so many good house rules that I had to incorporate a couple, they just feel right for the game. So the following apply for this adventure:

Metal vial props
Any metal vial prop can be replenished at most once per day if the character has access to the safehouse or another suitable location from which to replenish it.

Currently used in: Path of Steel, Cops & Crew.

Pickpocketing rolls
Are made using wits as the base stat.

Currently used in: Path of Steel.

If anyone wishes to play a medic character, the Competent Doctor Actions may also be applied.
Out of Character. Click to reveal.
For the purposes of these rules, the item "Medical Supplies" is considered to have 10 charges.

Treat action:
- To treat a Serious or Grave physical burden the patient and doctor must have at least 10 minutes uninterrupted.
- A Treat action requires 3 charges of a medkit.
- To treat a Serious burden the doctor needs to succeed at a wits1 roll.
- To treat a Grave burden the doctor must succeed at a wits3 roll.
- Mortal burdens cannot be treated in this way.
- Nudges can be used to decrease the charges expended by one to a minimum of 1.
- When treated a burden does not disappear, but grants opponents 1 fewer die.

HEAL action:
- A qualified doctor with medical supplies may take a Heal action freely out of combat, or may take 2 of BOTH HIS AND HIS PATIENT's BEATS during combat to do a heal action. Any interruption during combat causes the heal action to fail.
- A heal action for an physically unburdened patient succeeds with any pair.
- If successful, a heal action consumes a single charge of medkit to heal a single health point, if the patient has not suffered any physical burdens.
- Nudges may be used to heal additional points of health, up to the patient's max health.
- 2 nudges may be used to reduce the number of charges used in the healing by 1, down to a minimum of 0.
- If the patient has any physical burdens, the difficulty of the heal action increases by 1 for each Serious burden, and 2 for any Grave burden, to a maximum of 4.
- If the patient has any Grave physical burdens the amount of medkit charges consumed is also increased to 2.

Currently in use: School of Hard Knocks.

The Bonds System

The bonds system comes from an RPG called Dungeon World. Basically, it's a mechanic that rewards player interaction with experience (in this case, advancements). After each player has created their character, you'll add two bonds each in your character sheets, for example:

- _______________ owes me their life, whether they admit it or not.
- I have sworn to protect _______________.
- I worry about the ability of _______________ to survive this quest.
- _______________ has steered away from the Path, I'll show her the way.
- I don't trust _______________, he's hiding something from the crew.

Fill in the blanks with the name of another player's characters, so that you have one bond with two different characters. Ideally, every character should be the "target" of two bonds. Whenever we reach a breather, if a bond has been resolved, you gain one advancement and get to write another bond.

Do you like it? I bet you do, it's yet another way to get advancements!
Last edited by Fenrirman on Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fenrirman
Narrator
Narrator

Postby Kurkistan » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:11 pm

*Do I have too much on my plate? Yes No, of course not...*

Sounds interesting.
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:53 pm

I love the intro- very well written.

And I love the bonds idea- I think resolving it ought to give more than one AP though, it should be more on par with fulfilling a step in your character's destiny or tragedy.

I'm debating about whether or not to join... Time constraints being the main issue.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:49 pm

I'd been starting to worry that seven games would be my limit, but fortuitously everything slowed right down so I'm starting to think I'd like another game going... and... bonds system, *drool*

So there are two characters who I really want to play... Iron/Gold and [Iron]/Zinc. As a Bounty Hunter, and a man who wants to be part of a good team taking down challenging bandits, [Iron]/Zinc is probably best suited... but I really designed him as a Roughs setting character... where will most of the action be taking place?
Iron/Gold is fun, but doesn't fit as well. He's a bodyguard, and doesn't have that cool "let's bring down the hardest of the hard" vibe.

Beyond those two... you've access to my catalogue; who do you want in your adventure?
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kurkistan » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:53 pm

I'm rather tempted to just bite the bullet and have us all actually see what a Steel Compounder looks like...
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:56 pm

Kurkistan wrote:I'm rather tempted to just bite the bullet and have us all actually see what a Steel Compounder looks like...
I was kind of hoping we'd be fighting a Steel Compounder actually...
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:58 pm

Wait! How about Joshin, my double Nicro?? He's on the table too if you want him. Also I'll set up everything after my shower.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Fenrirman » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:07 pm

Kadrok wrote:
Kurkistan wrote:I'm rather tempted to just bite the bullet and have us all actually see what a Steel Compounder looks like...
I was kind of hoping we'd be fighting a Steel Compounder actually...

Spoiler alert: you will 3:D
Fenrirman
Narrator
Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:20 pm

Please please please let me play my Sparker! He's been dying to fight a Steel Compounder!
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Next

Return to Recruitment