Tyranny's Ascent

Advertisements for games in the making. Approved crews will be added to a new group, that will have its' own sub-forum.

Moderators: Kadrok, Gil-galad

Postby Kadrok » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:48 am

Mac wrote:Any chance you can cross-pollinate these data to the Historical section in General? Thank you!
I don't know what you mean. You're welcome. :)
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby PhantomMonstrosity » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:29 pm

Okay, so a more full writeup in this thread

Kandra X (I will find out my true identity. Until then, I refuse to take a slave name.)
4 Physique, 6 Charm, 5 Wits
8 Spirit, 3 Resources, 2 Influence
Blessing of Stability

Health 4 + 3 = 7
Reputation 7+2 = 9
Willpower 5+8+5=18

So he's got some pretty inhuman willpower. Basically impossible to brainwash, intimidate, or control. There's a reason that the stability blessings won't commonly be used, and he's it.

Now, as for backstory. Second generation kandra, but made from a near-death first generation mistwraith. All the details of his life as a human are gone, but if he focuses he can almost reach them.

So the first generation traded away MY superpowers and skeleton in exchange for 'immortality', but then didn't follow up on the immortality thing? I got gopped into a blob monster. A blob monster that was dying of old age! One that can be mind-controlled by any sufficiently motivated jerk(s). Speaking "on behalf of all the land's Feruchemists" my a- wait, I don't even have one of those anymore. Thanks, ObbAhma.

From a logical (emotionally stable) point of view, it's clear this was a bad trade. And that neither the First Generation, nor the Lord Ruler are willing to hold up their ends of the bargain. He's got all of Human's existential angst, but coupled to an unshakeable will and incredible ability to delay gratification.

If you've read the Count of Monte Cristo, you've got the idea of what's coming.
PhantomMonstrosity

Postby Gargoyle » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:02 pm

Maaaaybe.
I don't know that I'd be able to commit, and sometimes don't check places like this for weeks at a time, the last few being case in point.
I'll try to check up here more often, but scheduling...
I'll try.
Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:28 pm

Well, so much for that one.
Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:28 pm

I spent all that time in the chatbox with you, and this is what you leave me!
Gargoyle

Postby Mac » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:23 pm

I am sorry. This game just wasn't for me. You're all great, but I don't think I'm cut out for play-by-post.

I was reading the Final Empire today and came across facts about the timeline of the early Final Empire... The Terris religion had been completely wiped out during the second century. I went to go put that down in the Historical Facts folder, when I realized this is no longer appropriate.
Mac

Previous

Return to Recruitment