"If You Gaze Long Enough Into an Abyss" Recruitment

Advertisements for games in the making. Approved crews will be added to a new group, that will have its' own sub-forum.

Moderators: Kadrok, Gil-galad

Postby jeremyguebert » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:59 pm

Yes, full-blooded Terris.

In character backstory: Growing up in the Terris mining of Mycondwel in the north-east corner of Elendel Basin, I had the good fortune to be surrounded by a loving community and immersed in Terris culture. This familiarity with Terris culture led to an early discovery of my Windwhisper abilities, and I grew up making use of them as often as I could. Unfortunately, the prosperity on display in our town's financial institutions proved a tempting target for many a bank robbery. I was quite perturbed at this affront to my people's dignity and the accompanying threat to their security and livelihood, and enrolled in the prominent law academy of Vindiel-Cameux. Two years later, I had learned the tools of the lawkeeper's trade, along with some applications of my abilities to said trade, and returned to Mycondwel as an academy-certified lawkeeper. I spent a number of years involved in the local lawkeeping, and had a number of small successes under my belt - foiling the schemes of some would-be bank robbers, and tracking down another group of bandits who had initially been successful - when tragedy struck. I received word that my dear younger sister, who had been visiting Elendel on vacation, had been struck down, murdered in cold blood. While I trusted the constabulary, my conscience - or was it my pride? - wouldn't let me rest until I had tracked down this killer and brought him to justice.
jeremyguebert

Postby Haelbarde » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:17 am

Now that we have bio's on all the players, do we need to work out in what order everyone meets each other, and exactly how long we've been together as a group?
Haelbarde

Postby Kadrok » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:16 am

So there're now six players, and Kurk and I were thinking we might step out. Not because we don't want to play (we assuredly do!), but because six players might be a bit overwhelming for a new narrator, and we'd like to give some of the newer members a chance to shine.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Fishrage » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:13 am

@Kadrok I was hoping the you and Kurkistan would stay to help out the newer players, but if you think six is too much, then do what you feel is right.
Fishrage

Postby Kurkistan » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:34 pm

If you want the two of us can likely still lurk about offering unsolicited gameplay advice, but take it from our wise and seasoned experience that 6 players begins to grow unmanageable.
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Postby Fishrage » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:47 pm

Having you guys lurk would be nice. I guess our new crew is made up of the characters of AStirlingMacDonald, Haelbarde, Gargoyle, and jeremyguebert.
Fishrage

Postby Kadrok » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:40 pm

So I should set up the forum for you guys. How do you want it, Fishrage?

CAMPAIGN NAME
General, Action, Safehouse, Narraror's Notes (Hidden)

^ Like that?

Also, do you want it visible to everyone or just the seven of us (since you'd like us to lurk)?

If you want anything super secret you can PM me.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Fishrage » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:42 pm

Visible to everyone is fine with me. And just like that, thanks.
Fishrage

Postby Kadrok » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:43 pm

I'll get on it in about an hour when work goes away again.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:56 pm

Okay everyone! The page is up! Everyone should be able to see the four subforums, except Fishrage who should also be able to see one called "Narrator's Notes" (or somesuch). Let me know if anyone can or can't see something they should.

You should each individually start a thread in "Character Sheets" entitled whatever your character's name is, with the first post being your character sheet. For example, if I were playing I'd start a thread entitled "Sate Sordarn" (without the inverted commas, obviously). It may also be wise to reserve the second post if you want to track things like resiliences and charges without editing the whole character sheet.

Have fun guys, and welcome to the Alloy of Law era!
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Previous

Return to Recruitment