Pet Project

Advertisements for games in the making. Approved crews will be added to a new group, that will have its' own sub-forum.

Moderators: Kadrok, Gil-galad

Postby Haelbarde » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:15 am

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

What all the letters & numbers mean:
Everything is numbered from Elendel, and is based on this map. The Initial numbers (1-6,8) refer to the Octant from which the train embarks. The next number is the nth main stop from Elendel along that route. M designates a minor stop along the way to the next major stop (whether or not the next major stop exists). The other letters deal with when the rails diverge. So, L, when it diverges left, C for center, and R for right.

The distances are the distance (in miles) from the previous stop. I figure the sheet can be adapted calculate distance/time with something like (sum of cells between start and end stop)/(speed of train (i.e. 15 miles/hour) +(number of stops)*(time taken at each stop) to give the travel time between two stops.
Haelbarde

Postby Gargoyle » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:33 pm

Kadrok wrote:-No more than two Twinborn
-No compounders (perhaps one if you're really convincing)
-No Hemalurgists or anything weird. Base rules, guys

Guys, I think we have an imposter on the boards. Kadrok would never be limited by such things as "base rules" 3:D
Gargoyle

Postby Kadrok » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:21 pm

Gargoyle wrote:Guys, I think we have an imposter on the boards. Kadrok would never be limited by such things as "base rules" 3:D
Perhaps I'm saving some severe weirdness for the villains and I don't want to risk there being so much weird in the game that everything loses all impact or meaning? 3:D
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:07 am

Why do I get the feeling that this is all just an elaborate plan for Kadrok to lure players in to use as fodder for his hemallurgic Sylars? :?

Seriously though, this sounds pretty cool. And props to Haelbarde for all the work on the maps. Kadrok, I know you said not to start signing up or anything yet, but color me very interested. I actually have been toying around with making a pulser character and finding ways to make pulsing useful. Like hiding underwater for "hours" at a time, or keeping a particular guard occupied for several minutes while the rest of the crew sneaks past. A crew where powerful twinborn combinations are restricted sounds like just the thing. ;)
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Haelbarde » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:34 am

May I ask the opinions you guys have on this map.

Would you say that the thin grey lines that tend to follow the railways somewhat are roads, and that the only water way is the irongate river that runs eastwards out of Elendel?

Also, how I did the distances is I used a program called Geogebra. I copied the image into the program, and used the polyline tool to trace the route between stops. It'd then give me the length of the polyline. Then I drew a line on the scale on the picture, which gave me 1.47 units in the program as equal to 25 miles. So the main page has had the measured line distances converted to miles via that.

I've just added in the original data on a second sheet on that doc, and I've uploaded the Geogebra file here in case someone wanted to do something similar to what I did (or take additional measurements that will be at the same scale as what I did).
Haelbarde

Previous

Return to Recruitment