Plans - The Urvan Mine Job

Ruin Raisers Safehouse

Moderator: Der Alleskrieg

Der Alleskrieg
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:29 pm

Narrator
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Plans - The Urvan Mine Job

Post by Der Alleskrieg » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:14 pm

This is the plans thread for Chapter 1 Part 1: The Urvan Mine Job. Here, you may discuss and refine plans for your raid on the mine.

Recap:
Der Alleskrieg wrote:A mining settlement had recently been established a few days ride from the more-established mining town of Feltrel. It is owned and run by the callous and corrupt House Urvan, the de-facto rulers of the Final Empire-esque city of Rashekin, where all of the Scorchers except for Kurz had grown up. Better yet, due to an error in communication of some sort between the Urvans and the company they bought dynamite from, the settlement recently received about ten times the amount of dynamite they requested, getting several dozen crates of the explosive (I'll roll 3d4 and multiply it by 12). It was almost as if they were asking the Scorchers to rob the place, then use what they couldn't steal. Chaff, of course, plans to do exactly what they seem to be asking for, whether they're actually want it or not.


That was my introduction to the plan in Chapter 1 Part 0: Nosy Saloon Pianists Named Hoid. Since then,
on both the Ruin Raisers recruitment thread and Chapter 1 Part 0, plans have been made and information has been gathered.

The information: @Conquestor's character, Evhar learned the following information:
-There are about 50 or so mercenary guards.
-There are about 100 overworked miners.
-There are about 50 or so crates of dynamite.
-The foreman is very excited about something and is working the miners harder than ever. He also may be trying to keept it quiet. Most people who know about it seem to think that he struck aluminum.

The plans: In my observation, the planning hasn't progressed much, but is really good so far.
-There seems to be an unspoken understanding (probably due to my intro) that the scorchers will use what they can't steal on the mine.
-@Kadrok suggested that the Scorchers infiltrate the mine instead of attacking it like I'd originally envisioned.
It was a good idea.
-Bren and Chaff (@Cabochard and @Zath's characters, respectively) were suggested for the infiltration, but discounted due to the former's unstable personality and the latter's distinctive appearance. Evhar (@Conquestor's character) and Kurz (@Herowannabe's character) were deemed the two best characters for the job, and Kurz was deemed perfect due to the fact that koloss-blooded are generally considered "cheap labor" and he's twice as strong as a normal human. For some reason, @Kadrok's character, Abrigain, was never suggested.
-@Zath suggested the Scorchers steal a train to transport all those dynamite boxes to Rashekin. I thought this was a good idea. If you guys agree, we will handle it in Chapter 1 Part 2.
-There were doubtless things I missed.
Cabochard
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:19 pm

Name: Bren

asr :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 3/3 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 1/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 3/3 -- Wil: 8/8
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Revenge Against the Nobility
Profession: Bandit
Specialty: Danger Sense
Feature: Scarred
Personality: Unstable
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy
Tin 5 (Hemalurgic Spike [Steel])

Feruchemy
Steel 5
-Steelrunner Reload
Charges
Left Leg Steel Bracer: -/100
Steel Spike: -/100
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Twinborn's Kit
-1 Average-Size Steelmind (Left Leg) - Capacity: 100
-1 Misting Vial - Contains 3 charges of Tin.
(PP) Terringul Ripper Automatic Pistol - Damage +1; Ammo: 12 shots or 1 Salvo; Range: Close/Medium
(N/A) 1 Hemalurgic Steel Spike through the heart - Grants Tin Allomancy 5; holds 100 charges of Speed.

ap: 2
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Plans - The Urvan Mine Job

Post by Cabochard » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:46 pm

Der Alleskrieg wrote:This is the plans thread for Chapter 1 Part 1: The Urvan Mine Job. Here, you may discuss and refine plans for your raid on the mine.

Recap:
Der Alleskrieg wrote:A mining settlement had recently been established a few days ride from the more-established mining town of Feltrel. It is owned and run by the callous and corrupt House Urvan, the de-facto rulers of the Final Empire-esque city of Rashekin, where all of the Scorchers except for Kurz had grown up. Better yet, due to an error in communication of some sort between the Urvans and the company they bought dynamite from, the settlement recently received about ten times the amount of dynamite they requested, getting several dozen crates of the explosive (I'll roll 3d4 and multiply it by 12). It was almost as if they were asking the Scorchers to rob the place, then use what they couldn't steal. Chaff, of course, plans to do exactly what they seem to be asking for, whether they're actually want it or not.


That was my introduction to the plan in Chapter 1 Part 0: Nosy Saloon Pianists Named Hoid. Since then,
on both the Ruin Raisers recruitment thread and Chapter 1 Part 0, plans have been made and information has been gathered.

The information: @Conquestor's character, Evhar learned the following information:
-There are about 50 or so mercenary guards.
-There are about 100 overworked miners.
-There are about 50 or so crates of dynamite.
-The foreman is very excited about something and is working the miners harder than ever. He also may be trying to keept it quiet. Most people who know about it seem to think that he struck aluminum.

The plans: In my observation, the planning hasn't progressed much, but is really good so far.
-There seems to be an unspoken understanding (probably due to my intro) that the scorchers will use what they can't steal on the mine.
In fact, I'd say (and Bren would agree) that we leave behind a handful of crates to take care of the mine, no matter what. That way we take their dynamite, destroy their mine, and (bonus) they might think all their dynamite went up in the explosion and not think to look for a heist.
Der Alleskrieg wrote:-@Kadrok suggested that the Scorchers infiltrate the mine instead of attacking it like I'd originally envisioned.
It was a good idea.
-Bren and Chaff (@Cabochard and @Zath's characters, respectively) were suggested for the infiltration, but discounted due to the former's unstable personality and the latter's distinctive appearance. Evhar (@Conquestor's character) and Kurz (@Herowannabe's character) were deemed the two best characters for the job, and Kurz was deemed perfect due to the fact that koloss-blooded are generally considered "cheap labor" and he's twice as strong as a normal human. For some reason, @Kadrok's character, Abrigain, was never suggested.
Bren would probably end up beating the snot out of someone (probably a foreman). That being said, his Tin also gives him an advantage as far as spotting things within the mine. He'd probably at least work as a lookout watching from a distance.
Der Alleskrieg wrote:-@Zath suggested the Scorchers steal a train to transport all those dynamite boxes to Rashekin. I thought this was a good idea. If you guys agree, we will handle it in Chapter 1 Part 2.
-There were doubtless things I missed.
I wouldn't be opposed to stealing a train, though it'd be worth noting that makes it a much higher profile heist. If we get in, grab the crates, and blow up the mine behind us they might not even suspect it wasn't just an explosive mishap. If we steal a train, they'll know for sure. Not saying we shouldn't do it (train heist would be awesome), just pointing out a downside.
Zath
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:29 pm

Name: Chaff

asr :
Phy: 5 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 9/9

Cha: 2 -- Inf: 2/3 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Tear Down Authority
Profession: Miner
Specialty: Instinctive Knack for Chaos
Feature: Completely Hairless
Personality: Big Picture Guy, and to Ruin with the Details.
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy:
Brass 4
-Soothe Aim (Reaction) Stunt: Once per Beat, Chaff gains dice equal to his aBrass rating to affect aim of shooters targeting him. With success, damage is reduced by Outcome (pg 165 in AoL supplement).

Feruchemy:
Brass 4
-Kindling Touch (Compounding) Stunt: Spend at least 30 charges to burn/ignite/melt things with specific body part (pg 188 in AoL supplement).
-Protective Heat (Compounding) Stunt: Spend at least 10 charges to damage anyone touching Chaff.
Destroys all non-fireproofed clothing/equipment Chaff carries (pg 188 in AoL supplement).
Charges:
Left Earring: 0/100
Right Earring 1: 0/25 (currently storing 4 charges)
Right Earring 2: 0/25
Right Earring 3: 0/25
Right Earring 4: 0/25
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Brass Knuckles: Melee weapon. (Touch/Touch) +1 Damage. Also serves as a metalmind, holds 100 charges.
(P) Brassminds (4, small): Circular earrings in right ear. Hold 25 charges each.
(P) Stick of Dynamite: Explosive. (Close/Medium) Inflicts 5 damage at Touch-Striking, 2 damage at Close.
(P) Leather Duster: Heavy leather long coat, fireproofed (after much trial and error). Absorbs 1 damage from physical attacks.

ap: 1
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: Plans - The Urvan Mine Job

Post by Zath » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:28 pm

To be clear, it was Kadrok who suggested the train thing, back in the Action thread.
Kadrok wrote: "...If we want to cart some of this stuff away we're gonna want to maybe borrow a train at the right moment."
And
Der Alleskrieg wrote:...steal a train to transport all those dynamite boxes to Rashekin.
Should we head straight to Rashekin with the dynamite on a stolen train? I suppose we might as well, 'cause that's probably where we're going to use it anyways, and using a train would be the fastest way to get it there. However (going by the map from the book) we'd need to get through the Channerel-Faleast pass and Elendel itself before getting to Rashekin, not to mention any check-points along the way. Hmmm... Well, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Infiltration:
Der Alleskrieg wrote:For some reason, @Kadrok's character, Abrigain, was never suggested.

My first thought about Abby posing as a miner was, "a woman miner? Seems unlikely." But, of course, this is Scadrial, they're less entrenched in gender stereotypes, and a person who can burn/tap pewter is just as likely to be female as male, and in high demand for manual labor regardless of gender. Plus, not everyone at a mining camp is a miner. So Abby is a valid option for infiltration.

The judge slams the gavel down hard on the podium. "Zath, you are hereby condemned as a sexist. Take him away, and may Harmony have mercy on his soul."
"No, please!" Zath yells as officers of the law drag him out of the courtroom, "it was an innocent misunderstanding!"
Der Alleskrieg wrote:@Conquestor's character, Evhar learned the following information:
Thank Harmony for Evhar, huh? :)

Edit: Ninja'd by Cabochard! ;)
Cabochard wrote:In fact, I'd say (and Bren would agree) that we leave behind a handful of crates to take care of the mine, no matter what. That way we take their dynamite, destroy their mine, and (bonus) they might think all their dynamite went up in the explosion and not think to look for a heist.
Yes! Yes. Definitely. :twisted:
Cabochard wrote:Bren would probably end up beating the snot out of someone (probably a foreman). That being said, his Tin also gives him an advantage as far as spotting things within the mine. He'd probably at least work as a lookout watching from a distance.
What do you think about having Bren be a messenger/go-between for the Scorchers doing the infiltrating and those on the outside? Speed and enhanced senses to leave and pick-up messages or similar stuff?
Der Alleskrieg
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:29 pm

Narrator
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: Plans - The Urvan Mine Job

Post by Der Alleskrieg » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Zath wrote:To be clear, it was Kadrok who suggested the train thing, back in the Action thread.
Kadrok wrote: "...If we want to cart some of this stuff away we're gonna want to maybe borrow a train at the right moment."
And
Der Alleskrieg wrote:...steal a train to transport all those dynamite boxes to Rashekin.
Should we head straight to Rashekin with the dynamite on a stolen train? I suppose we might as well, 'cause that's probably where we're going to use it anyways, and using a train would be the fastest way to get it there. However (going by the map from the book) we'd need to get through the Channerel-Faleast pass and Elendel itself before getting to Rashekin, not to mention any check-points along the way. Hmmm... Well, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Infiltration:
Der Alleskrieg wrote:For some reason, @Kadrok's character, Abrigain, was never suggested.

My first thought about Abby posing as a miner was, "a woman miner? Seems unlikely." But, of course, this is Scadrial, they're less entrenched in gender stereotypes, and a person who can burn/tap pewter is just as likely to be female as male, and in high demand for manual labor regardless of gender. Plus, not everyone at a mining camp is a miner. So Abby is a valid option for infiltration.

The judge slams the gavel down hard on the podium. "Zath, you are hereby condemned as a sexist. Take him away, and may Harmony have mercy on his soul."
"No, please!" Zath yells as officers of the law drag him out of the courtroom, "it was an innocent misunderstanding!"
Der Alleskrieg wrote:@Conquestor's character, Evhar learned the following information:
Thank Harmony for Evhar, huh? :)
Sorry for misattributing Kadrok's idea to you. Sorry, Kadrok! :oops:
Zath
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:29 pm

Name: Chaff

asr :
Phy: 5 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 9/9

Cha: 2 -- Inf: 2/3 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Tear Down Authority
Profession: Miner
Specialty: Instinctive Knack for Chaos
Feature: Completely Hairless
Personality: Big Picture Guy, and to Ruin with the Details.
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy:
Brass 4
-Soothe Aim (Reaction) Stunt: Once per Beat, Chaff gains dice equal to his aBrass rating to affect aim of shooters targeting him. With success, damage is reduced by Outcome (pg 165 in AoL supplement).

Feruchemy:
Brass 4
-Kindling Touch (Compounding) Stunt: Spend at least 30 charges to burn/ignite/melt things with specific body part (pg 188 in AoL supplement).
-Protective Heat (Compounding) Stunt: Spend at least 10 charges to damage anyone touching Chaff.
Destroys all non-fireproofed clothing/equipment Chaff carries (pg 188 in AoL supplement).
Charges:
Left Earring: 0/100
Right Earring 1: 0/25 (currently storing 4 charges)
Right Earring 2: 0/25
Right Earring 3: 0/25
Right Earring 4: 0/25
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Brass Knuckles: Melee weapon. (Touch/Touch) +1 Damage. Also serves as a metalmind, holds 100 charges.
(P) Brassminds (4, small): Circular earrings in right ear. Hold 25 charges each.
(P) Stick of Dynamite: Explosive. (Close/Medium) Inflicts 5 damage at Touch-Striking, 2 damage at Close.
(P) Leather Duster: Heavy leather long coat, fireproofed (after much trial and error). Absorbs 1 damage from physical attacks.

ap: 1
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: Plans - The Urvan Mine Job

Post by Zath » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:55 pm

Cabochard wrote:I wouldn't be opposed to stealing a train, though it'd be worth noting that makes it a much higher profile heist. If we get in, grab the crates, and blow up the mine behind us they might not even suspect it wasn't just an explosive mishap. If we steal a train, they'll know for sure. Not saying we shouldn't do it (train heist would be awesome), just pointing out a downside.
Maybe we could wait a while after raiding the mine ( a week, a month?) to hijack the train and move our ill-gotten gains to Rashekin. That way the authorities may not connect the mine "accident" with the train heist. Also, unless Der Alleskrieg uses his GM/Narrator magic to make a rail-line appear in close proximity to the mine, we'll have to lug the stolen dynamite at least 50 miles, probably more, to the nearest tracks.
A lot of this depends on how the mine raid goes, so I guess we'll discuss the train heist details in a future "Plans - Murder on the Rashekin Express" thread or something like that.

Der Alleskrieg wrote:
The information: @Conquestor's character, Evhar learned the following information:
-There are about 50 or so mercenary guards.
-There are about 100 overworked miners.
-There are about 50 or so crates of dynamite.
-The foreman is very excited about something and is working the miners harder than ever. He also may be trying to keept it quiet. Most people who know about it seem to think that he struck aluminum.
I'm expecting the mine job to go something like this:
  • Kurz and Evhar (and others?) get hired as miners/workers (or even mercenary guards?) with Chaff Soothing the employers to ease the process.
  • The infiltrators travel to the mine with the Urvan employers, while the rest of the Scorchers follow at a safe distance (or maybe we travel to the mine first, then do the hiring thing. Depends on how paranoid the Urvan foreman is about letting outsiders visit the mine).
  • Infiltrators gather info, relay info to rest of Crew via Bren's fSteel/aTin awesomeness (this would work regardless of whether Bren's an inside man or outside support)
  • Infiltrators cause a commotion/distraction that draws majority of mercenary guards to one spot, at which point the Scorchers ambush them (from without and within), hopefully taking out most of them in one go,
    maybe with a cave-in or dynamite crates?
  • Battle! 3:D
  • The Scorchers remove any witnesses (those 100 or so overworked miners) and cover their tracks, i.e. make it look like an accident. 3:(
  • We find a safe place to stash the dynamite (and anything else we steal--what's that foreman so excited about?) while we plan our train heist.


Thoughts/objections/improvements?

Guys, I'm just so excited. :mrgreen: :ugeek:
Kadrok
Board Ruler
Board Ruler
Posts: 5234
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:47 am

Name: Abby

asr :
Phy: 6[11] -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 10/10[15]

Cha: 3 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 3/3 -- Wil: 7/7
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Revenge against the Oppressors!
Profession: Fugitive
Specialty: Brutal Combatant
Feature: Lithe frame
Personality: Passionate
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy
Pewter 5
-Denser Tissues 2
-Extreme Speed

City Dweller
-Face in the Crowd

Gunplay
InventoryInventoryInventory(PP) Misting Vials (2) - Each contains 3 charges of Pewter
(P) Heispel Pump shotgun - Damage: +2; Magazine: 8 shots; Range: Close/Medium; Stolen up-market police shotgun
(P) Hunting knife - Damage: +2; Range: Touch/Striking; An extremely large steel knife
Has thanked: 234 times
Been thanked: 146 times

Re: Plans - The Urvan Mine Job

Post by Kadrok » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:44 pm

Der Alleskrieg wrote:-@Kadrok suggested that the Scorchers infiltrate the mine instead of attacking it like I'd originally envisioned.
It was a good idea.
Aww, thanks! It seemed in keeping with Abby's character to me to have a bit of a plan before riding the Murder Train.
Der Alleskrieg wrote:For some reason, @Kadrok's character, Abrigain, was never suggested.
I figured whatever threadbare background checks for employees would at least check whether they were employing a wanted fugitive.
Der Alleskrieg wrote:-@Zath suggested the Scorchers steal a train to transport all those dynamite boxes to Rashekin. I thought this was a good idea. If you guys agree, we will handle it in Chapter 1 Part 2.
Ooooh, I didn't see that bit. GENIUS! Part 2 is gonna be LIT (pun intended).
Zath
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:29 pm

Name: Chaff

asr :
Phy: 5 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 9/9

Cha: 2 -- Inf: 2/3 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Tear Down Authority
Profession: Miner
Specialty: Instinctive Knack for Chaos
Feature: Completely Hairless
Personality: Big Picture Guy, and to Ruin with the Details.
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy:
Brass 4
-Soothe Aim (Reaction) Stunt: Once per Beat, Chaff gains dice equal to his aBrass rating to affect aim of shooters targeting him. With success, damage is reduced by Outcome (pg 165 in AoL supplement).

Feruchemy:
Brass 4
-Kindling Touch (Compounding) Stunt: Spend at least 30 charges to burn/ignite/melt things with specific body part (pg 188 in AoL supplement).
-Protective Heat (Compounding) Stunt: Spend at least 10 charges to damage anyone touching Chaff.
Destroys all non-fireproofed clothing/equipment Chaff carries (pg 188 in AoL supplement).
Charges:
Left Earring: 0/100
Right Earring 1: 0/25 (currently storing 4 charges)
Right Earring 2: 0/25
Right Earring 3: 0/25
Right Earring 4: 0/25
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Brass Knuckles: Melee weapon. (Touch/Touch) +1 Damage. Also serves as a metalmind, holds 100 charges.
(P) Brassminds (4, small): Circular earrings in right ear. Hold 25 charges each.
(P) Stick of Dynamite: Explosive. (Close/Medium) Inflicts 5 damage at Touch-Striking, 2 damage at Close.
(P) Leather Duster: Heavy leather long coat, fireproofed (after much trial and error). Absorbs 1 damage from physical attacks.

ap: 1
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: Plans - The Urvan Mine Job

Post by Zath » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:59 pm

Now seems like a good time to nail down who's going to infiltrate by posing as miners/workers (or mercenaries?!) and who's going to stay on the outside. The plan so far seems to be:
  • Kurz is infiltrating because the chance for cheap labor offered by a koloss-blooded seems like it would be hard for the Urvan mine employers to refuse.
  • Evhar is infiltrating because he has the highest Charm score to help him stay undetected, and his luck Compounding would also be pretty useful for incognito missions and info-gathering (and practically anything else imaginable :P ).
  • Abby is NOT infiltrating because she's a wanted fugitive known to the Urvan nobles and would likely be recognized.
  • Chaff is NOT infiltrating because of his distinctive appearance and his notoriety in the Roughs (all those "Wanted" posters). However, he will Soothe the person(s) in charge of hiring to make it easier for the infiltrators.
  • Bren could go either way, but regardless he will likely act as a go-between to pass messages and information between the infiltrators and those staying on the outside. Bren could potentially do both, sneaking into the mine with fSteel and finding info quickly with aTin, then zooming back out to help with the outside preparations, rinse and repeat.


If anyone wants their character to do something other than what I've mentioned here, please feel free! I'm not emotionally invested in the above plan or anything, so no worries. If you do have a different vision for your character, though, it would be good to post something soon, so that Der Alleskrieg can get the next chapter/part mapped out.
Conquestor
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:47 pm

Name: Evhar

asr :
Phy: 3 -- Res: 3/3 -- Hea: 6/6

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 2 -- Spi: 6/5 -- Wil: 8/8
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive - Find his father
Profession - Gambler
Specialty - Deft Hands
Feature - Carries an aluminum sword
Personality - Indifferent
PowersPowersPowersChromium (A) - 4
Chromium (F) - 4
-/100 charges
InventoryInventoryInventory(PP) Twinborn's kit - Includes an average size metalmind and a vial of metal with three charges.
(P) Aluminum sword - Dueling blade that can't be detected or affected by allomancy. Damage +2 Touch/Striking

ap: 4
Has thanked: 84 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Plans - The Urvan Mine Job

Post by Conquestor » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:18 pm

Zath wrote:Now seems like a good time to nail down who's going to infiltrate by posing as miners/workers (or mercenaries?!) and who's going to stay on the outside.
[*]Evhar is infiltrating because he has the highest Charm score to help him stay undetected, and his luck Compounding would also be pretty useful for incognito missions and info-gathering (and practically anything else imaginable :P ).
The problem is, Evhar will not do physical labor, perhaps he could be a mercenary like you mentioned.
Zath wrote:
Der Alleskrieg wrote:@Conquestor's character, Evhar learned the following information:
Thank Harmony for Evhar, huh? :)
Ah thanks, I'm just glad I was useful before Evhar went on a really long bathroom break! :D :oops:
Zath
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:29 pm

Name: Chaff

asr :
Phy: 5 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 9/9

Cha: 2 -- Inf: 2/3 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Tear Down Authority
Profession: Miner
Specialty: Instinctive Knack for Chaos
Feature: Completely Hairless
Personality: Big Picture Guy, and to Ruin with the Details.
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy:
Brass 4
-Soothe Aim (Reaction) Stunt: Once per Beat, Chaff gains dice equal to his aBrass rating to affect aim of shooters targeting him. With success, damage is reduced by Outcome (pg 165 in AoL supplement).

Feruchemy:
Brass 4
-Kindling Touch (Compounding) Stunt: Spend at least 30 charges to burn/ignite/melt things with specific body part (pg 188 in AoL supplement).
-Protective Heat (Compounding) Stunt: Spend at least 10 charges to damage anyone touching Chaff.
Destroys all non-fireproofed clothing/equipment Chaff carries (pg 188 in AoL supplement).
Charges:
Left Earring: 0/100
Right Earring 1: 0/25 (currently storing 4 charges)
Right Earring 2: 0/25
Right Earring 3: 0/25
Right Earring 4: 0/25
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Brass Knuckles: Melee weapon. (Touch/Touch) +1 Damage. Also serves as a metalmind, holds 100 charges.
(P) Brassminds (4, small): Circular earrings in right ear. Hold 25 charges each.
(P) Stick of Dynamite: Explosive. (Close/Medium) Inflicts 5 damage at Touch-Striking, 2 damage at Close.
(P) Leather Duster: Heavy leather long coat, fireproofed (after much trial and error). Absorbs 1 damage from physical attacks.

ap: 1
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: Plans - The Urvan Mine Job

Post by Zath » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:27 pm

Conquestor wrote: The problem is, Evhar will not do physical labor, perhaps he could be a mercenary like you mentioned.
Okay, so Evhar will only infiltrate if he can secure a position among Urvan's mercenary enforcers.

Lightbulb! Maybe Evhar can duel one of the mercenaries currently employed by the Urvan mine to prove himself. Physical/Social Conflict targeting Reputation or something?
What do you think, @Conquestor and @Der Alleskrieg?
Der Alleskrieg
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:29 pm

Narrator
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: Plans - The Urvan Mine Job

Post by Der Alleskrieg » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:50 pm

Zath wrote:
Conquestor wrote: The problem is, Evhar will not do physical labor, perhaps he could be a mercenary like you mentioned.
Okay, so Evhar will only infiltrate if he can secure a position among Urvan's mercenary enforcers.

Lightbulb! Maybe Evhar can duel one of the mercenaries currently employed by the Urvan mine to prove himself. Physical/Social Conflict targeting Reputation or something?
What do you think, @Conquestor and @Der Alleskrieg?
I don't know... those mercenaries are a pretty tight-knit group. Maybe it'll work. I'll let you try, considering that you're a chromium compounder.

EDIT: Almost ready to start part 1. All I need is to listen to a bunch of death metal songs finish the foreman's villain sheet. ;)
Post Reply

Return to “Safehouse”