Chapter 1 Part 1: The Urvan Mine Job

Ruin Raisers Action

Moderator: Der Alleskrieg

Postby Der Alleskrieg » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:20 pm

You arrive at a nice and concealed outcropping above and slightly to the south of the mine. It is nighttime and the mists are out, and you're far away enough and concealed enough that you figure it would probably be okay to light a fire with the mists out. In the mists, only Bren could see the mining encampment, and even he couldn't see it very clearly from the distance of "Far enough away to not be spotted by the guards". Kurz, Evhar, and maybe Chaff should wait for light to go down to the mine, but here is a good place to continue planning (in the Plans: The Urvan Mine Job subforum, of course) and makes a good base camp.

Yes, I finally got around to part 1. Aren't you guys excited? 3:D :twisted: 3:D :twisted:
Der Alleskrieg
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:29 pm

Narrator

Postby Zath » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:16 pm

Chaff stares down at the spot where he knows the Urvans' mine is located, though currently all he can see is mist. He accesses the warmth in his metalminds, not tapping it, just feeling the vast well of energy contained within. The week-long trip here had been a prime opportunity to store heat from the Roughs' harsh sunlight, and Chaff had taken full advantage. Chaff raises his arms and lets the mists swirl around his fingers at the movement, before they draw away from his body again. He doesn't know why the mists act that way--they've done so for as long as he can remember. No matter.

The Scorcher turns his thoughts back to the job at hand. That wig was a fortunate find, he thinks. Chaff had found the scraggly thing buried at the bottom of his saddlebags, along with a fake beard in a matching hair-color. It's perfect. Chaff had been loath to entrust the infiltration to the other Scorchers, even loyal Kurz. "You cannot rely on others," his mother had told him, and Chaff knows it. Now, fortunately, Chaff can pose as a miner himself, gather the information the Scorchers need, and act on it without delay if he thinks it necessary.

Chaff stares out for a moment longer, then turns back toward the campfire, thoughts churning in anticipation of the next few days. There will be blood and fire. Lots of it.

Here we go! 3:D
@Der Alleskrieg, I described Chaff's resources roll for the "disguise" here in the Action thread, I hope these details are okay. If not, I'll edit this post to what you'd like.

Sounds like we have at least a few hours, probably closer to 6-8, until stuff really starts happening. Chaff will probably just sleep until Kurz, Evhar, and he approach the mine to hopefully get hired on. If we're doing sentry duty, though, Chaff will take his turn, whenever that will be.

Might as well roll for that now, just in case:

Out of Character. Click to reveal.
Chaff stands watch (yawn):
+4 dice from Wits, +1 from "Big Picture Guy..." trait (he's excited to finally arrive at the mine and as such is a bit more alert), -1 from Negative Circumstances (late at night, mists are thick, and the campfire might ruin his night-vision)
4 dice total:
Zath rolled 4d6:
2, 4, 3, 1

Edit: Result of 0. Hope nobody's sneaking around out there...


Also, re: the mists drawing away from Chaff- I figure since he's so Ruin-aligned (and is pierced by metal, to boot), the Preservation-aligned mists would draw away from him, even though Ati-Ruin is gone and Chaff doesn't have any Hemalurgy.
Zath
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:29 pm

Name: Chaff

asr :
Phy: 5 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 9/9

Cha: 2 -- Inf: 2/3 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Tear Down Authority
Profession: Miner
Specialty: Instinctive Knack for Chaos
Feature: Completely Hairless
Personality: Big Picture Guy, and to Ruin with the Details.
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy:
Brass 4
-Soothe Aim (Reaction) Stunt: Once per Beat, Chaff gains dice equal to his aBrass rating to affect aim of shooters targeting him. With success, damage is reduced by Outcome (pg 165 in AoL supplement).

Feruchemy:
Brass 4
-Kindling Touch (Compounding) Stunt: Spend at least 30 charges to burn/ignite/melt things with specific body part (pg 188 in AoL supplement).
-Protective Heat (Compounding) Stunt: Spend at least 10 charges to damage anyone touching Chaff.
Destroys all non-fireproofed clothing/equipment Chaff carries (pg 188 in AoL supplement).
Charges:
Left Earring: 0/100
Right Earring 1: 0/25 (currently storing 4 charges)
Right Earring 2: 0/25
Right Earring 3: 0/25
Right Earring 4: 0/25
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Brass Knuckles: Melee weapon. (Touch/Touch) +1 Damage. Also serves as a metalmind, holds 100 charges.
(P) Brassminds (4, small): Circular earrings in right ear. Hold 25 charges each.
(P) Stick of Dynamite: Explosive. (Close/Medium) Inflicts 5 damage at Touch-Striking, 2 damage at Close.
(P) Leather Duster: Heavy leather long coat, fireproofed (after much trial and error). Absorbs 1 damage from physical attacks.

ap: 1

Postby Der Alleskrieg » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:23 pm

Zath wrote:Chaff stares down at the spot where he knows the Urvans' mine is located, though currently all he can see is mist. He accesses the warmth in his metalminds, not tapping it, just feeling the vast well of energy contained within. The week-long trip here had been a prime opportunity to store heat from the Roughs' harsh sunlight, and Chaff had taken full advantage. Chaff raises his arms and lets the mists swirl around his fingers at the movement, before they draw away from his body again. He doesn't know why the mists act that way--they've done so for as long as he can remember. No matter.

The Scorcher turns his thoughts back to the job at hand. That wig was a fortunate find, he thinks. Chaff had found the scraggly thing buried at the bottom of his saddlebags, along with a fake beard in a matching hair-color. It's perfect. Chaff had been loath to entrust the infiltration to the other Scorchers, even loyal Kurz. "You cannot rely on others," his mother had told him, and Chaff knows it. Now, fortunately, Chaff can pose as a miner himself, gather the information the Scorchers need, and act on it without delay if he thinks it necessary.

Chaff stares out for a moment longer, then turns back toward the campfire, thoughts churning in anticipation of the next few days. There will be blood and fire. Lots of it.

Here we go! 3:D
@Der Alleskrieg, I described Chaff's resources roll for the "disguise" here in the Action thread, I hope these details are okay. If not, I'll edit this post to what you'd like.

Sounds like we have at least a few hours, probably closer to 6-8, until stuff really starts happening. Chaff will probably just sleep until Kurz, Evhar, and he approach the mine to hopefully get hired on. If we're doing sentry duty, though, Chaff will take his turn, whenever that will be.

Might as well roll for that now, just in case:

Out of Character. Click to reveal.
Chaff stands watch (yawn):
+4 dice from Wits, +1 from "Big Picture Guy..." trait (he's excited to finally arrive at the mine and as such is a bit more alert), -1 from Negative Circumstances (late at night, mists are thick, and the campfire might ruin his night-vision)
4 dice total:
Original post: Zath rolled 4d6:
2, 4, 3, 1

Edit: Result of 0. Hope nobody's sneaking around out there...


Also, re: the mists drawing away from Chaff- I figure since he's so Ruin-aligned (and is pierced by metal, to boot), the Preservation-aligned mists would draw away from him, even though Ati-Ruin is gone and Chaff doesn't have any Hemalurgy.


Yep, you've got (rolls 1d8) 7 hours to burn (pun intended) before the infiltration. Anyone want to take watch after Chaff? I don't have any random encounters planned, but it pays to be careful and build good habits. 3:D
Der Alleskrieg
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:29 pm

Narrator

Postby Conquestor » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:54 pm

The one thing no one expects happens. Evhar offers to take the next watch, he figures he'd take the time to store a little more luck and practice his sword swinging. He stands up, ignoring everyone, and starts storing and practicing with his blade. He gets into a warmup position, then makes the sword flash about in brilliant bouts of speed, the sword looking like lightning in the mists and fire. He dashes about so gracefully, going to and fro, until he slips on some random piece of mud (It hasn't rained in weeks!) then sits down for his watch.

I want just a little more of that sweet sweet luck, just in case I need a lucky break down the line. ;) Also, how much luck has Evhar collected since we started?

Out of Character. Click to reveal.
Please let there be nothing out there! Rolling two dice for my wits.
Conquestor rolled 2d6:
5, 3
Conquestor
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:47 pm

Name: Evhar

asr :
Phy: 3 -- Res: 3/3 -- Hea: 6/6

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 2 -- Spi: 6/5 -- Wil: 8/8
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive - Find his father
Profession - Gambler
Specialty - Deft Hands
Feature - Carries an aluminum sword
Personality - Indifferent
PowersPowersPowersChromium (A) - 4
Chromium (F) - 4
-/100 charges
InventoryInventoryInventory(PP) Twinborn's kit - Includes an average size metalmind and a vial of metal with three charges.
(P) Aluminum sword - Dueling blade that can't be detected or affected by allomancy. Damage +2 Touch/Striking

ap: 4

Postby Der Alleskrieg » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:12 pm

Conquestor wrote:The one thing no one expects happens. Evhar offers to take the next watch, he figures he'd take the time to store a little more luck and practice his sword swinging. He stands up, ignoring everyone, and starts storing and practicing with his blade. He gets into a warmup position, then makes the sword flash about in brilliant bouts of speed, the sword looking like lightning in the mists and fire. He dashes about so gracefully, going to and fro, until he slips on some random piece of mud (It hasn't rained in weeks!) then sits down for his watch.

I want just a little more of that sweet sweet luck, just in case I need a lucky break down the line. ;) Also, how much luck has Evhar collected since we started?

Out of Character. Click to reveal.
Please let there be nothing out there! Rolling two dice for my wits.
Original post: Conquestor rolled 2d6:
5, 3


You can store up to 30 x your normal maximum (4) during a long breather. This plus the four you stored up at the Ashen Stump means you have 124 charges when you arrive.
Der Alleskrieg
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:29 pm

Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:47 am

Stores Fortune while on watch and playing with a sword. You maniac :lol:

Assuming our poor fortune doesn't see us ambushed, I will take the next watch.


As a wanted woman Abby is no stranger to keeping a careful watch for danger. You don't stay ahead of the law by getting sloppy, even out in these wastes.

It also pays to keep an eye on the rest of the crew. Being the only woman in the group has its disadvantages, and she wouldn't put it past that filthy Koloss-blood to... she clings more tightly to her shotgun, and glares out into the night.

Wits 4+Fugitive
Out of Character. Click to reveal.
Kadrok rolled 5d6:
1, 2, 4, 4, 3
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator
 
Posts: 5210
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:47 am

Name: Abby

asr :
Phy: 6[11] -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 10/10[15]

Cha: 3 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 3/3 -- Wil: 7/7
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Revenge against the Oppressors!
Profession: Fugitive
Specialty: Brutal Combatant
Feature: Lithe frame
Personality: Passionate
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy
Pewter 5
-Denser Tissues 2
-Extreme Speed

City Dweller
-Face in the Crowd

Gunplay
InventoryInventoryInventory(PP) Misting Vials (2) - Each contains 3 charges of Pewter
(P) Heispel Pump shotgun - Damage: +2; Magazine: 8 shots; Range: Close/Medium; Stolen up-market police shotgun
(P) Hunting knife - Damage: +2; Range: Touch/Striking; An extremely large steel knife

Postby Der Alleskrieg » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:30 am

Kadrok wrote:Stores Fortune while on watch and playing with a sword. You maniac :lol:

Assuming our poor fortune doesn't see us ambushed, I will take the next watch.


As a wanted woman Abby is no stranger to keeping a careful watch for danger. You don't stay ahead of the law by getting sloppy, even out in these wastes.

It also pays to keep an eye on the rest of the crew. Being the only woman in the group has its disadvantages, and she wouldn't put it past that filthy Koloss-blood to... she clings more tightly to her shotgun, and glares out into the night.

Wits 4+Fugitive
Out of Character. Click to reveal.
Original post: Kadrok rolled 5d6:
1, 2, 4, 4, 3


Lol :lol:

Kurz doesn't like you either.
Der Alleskrieg
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:29 pm

Narrator

Postby Cabochard » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:54 am

Before he Snapped, Bren never particularly liked the mists. Didn't matter what the Survivorists said, not being able to see more than a few feet in front of you was scary, especially knowing that, somewhere, a Tineye might be watching you anyway.

But now he knows what it feels like to be on the other side, with the whole world laid bare. When everyone first arrives, he finds himself a comfy spot and mutters something about taking the last watch, and falls asleep. When, finally, his turn comes, he settles himself with his back to the fire, his gun across his lap and a comfortable burn running in his stomach, storing to pass the time faster.

Don't know how much storing I can do over the course of a watch (with seven hours, split across five people...one hour's worth?), but I'm gonna stick it in my spike! And, of course, burn some tin over the course to make good use of that aTin.

Out of Character. Click to reveal.
Cabochard rolled 10d6:
2, 1, 4, 1, 5, 5, 3, 4, 1, 6
Cabochard
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:19 pm

Name: Bren

asr :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 3/3 -- Hea: 7/7

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 1/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 3/3 -- Wil: 8/8
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Revenge Against the Nobility
Profession: Bandit
Specialty: Danger Sense
Feature: Scarred
Personality: Unstable
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy
Tin 5 (Hemalurgic Spike [Steel])

Feruchemy
Steel 5
-Steelrunner Reload
Charges
Left Leg Steel Bracer: -/100
Steel Spike: -/100
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Twinborn's Kit
-1 Average-Size Steelmind (Left Leg) - Capacity: 100
-1 Misting Vial - Contains 3 charges of Tin.
(PP) Terringul Ripper Automatic Pistol - Damage +1; Ammo: 12 shots or 1 Salvo; Range: Close/Medium
(N/A) 1 Hemalurgic Steel Spike through the heart - Grants Tin Allomancy 5; holds 100 charges of Speed.

ap: 2

Postby Zath » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:32 pm

5 with a Nudge for Bren! I'd say that merits something. Finds a rabbit and gains a dice for his next action for being "well-fed"?
Out of Character. Click to reveal.
non-canon:
The anticipation makes it hard for Chaff to sleep, so he rises. He pulls out the wig, polishes his brass knuckles, then admires his reflection in the gleaming metal.
"I look FABulous in this, don't I?" he asks the other Scorchers.

:P
Zath
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:29 pm

Name: Chaff

asr :
Phy: 5 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 9/9

Cha: 2 -- Inf: 2/3 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 4 -- Spi: 2/2 -- Wil: 6/6
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Tear Down Authority
Profession: Miner
Specialty: Instinctive Knack for Chaos
Feature: Completely Hairless
Personality: Big Picture Guy, and to Ruin with the Details.
PowersPowersPowersAllomancy:
Brass 4
-Soothe Aim (Reaction) Stunt: Once per Beat, Chaff gains dice equal to his aBrass rating to affect aim of shooters targeting him. With success, damage is reduced by Outcome (pg 165 in AoL supplement).

Feruchemy:
Brass 4
-Kindling Touch (Compounding) Stunt: Spend at least 30 charges to burn/ignite/melt things with specific body part (pg 188 in AoL supplement).
-Protective Heat (Compounding) Stunt: Spend at least 10 charges to damage anyone touching Chaff.
Destroys all non-fireproofed clothing/equipment Chaff carries (pg 188 in AoL supplement).
Charges:
Left Earring: 0/100
Right Earring 1: 0/25 (currently storing 4 charges)
Right Earring 2: 0/25
Right Earring 3: 0/25
Right Earring 4: 0/25
InventoryInventoryInventory(P) Brass Knuckles: Melee weapon. (Touch/Touch) +1 Damage. Also serves as a metalmind, holds 100 charges.
(P) Brassminds (4, small): Circular earrings in right ear. Hold 25 charges each.
(P) Stick of Dynamite: Explosive. (Close/Medium) Inflicts 5 damage at Touch-Striking, 2 damage at Close.
(P) Leather Duster: Heavy leather long coat, fireproofed (after much trial and error). Absorbs 1 damage from physical attacks.

ap: 1

Postby Der Alleskrieg » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:02 pm

Zath wrote:5 with a Nudge for Bren! I'd say that merits something. Finds a rabbit and gains a dice for his next action for being "well-fed"?
Out of Character. Click to reveal.
non-canon:
The anticipation makes it hard for Chaff to sleep, so he rises. He pulls out the wig, polishes his brass knuckles, then admires his reflection in the gleaming metal.
"I look FABulous in this, don't I?" he asks the other Scorchers.

:P


Sure.
Der Alleskrieg
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:29 pm

Narrator

Next

Return to Action


  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest