It Begins?

Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

It Begins?

Post by Herowannabe » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:40 am

In the outskirts of Luthadel lies a small cemetery. All is dark and quiet within the graveyard, and nothing moves save for the mists that slowly dance and swirl above the tombstones. Suddenly, the ground near one small gravestone ripples and begins to bulge upwards. A half-rotted hand bursts out of the ground, reaching towards the sky. An arm follows, then a head and torso, and soon, :skull: Zombie-Herowannabe :skull: stands triumphantly in the midst of the gravehard. He raises both fists victoriously into the air and cries:

"I LIVE AGAIN!"

Hey all, apologies for the excessively long delays, especially when we were finally ready to start the game properly, but I'd like to get this thing going again. Who's with me? :)
Bill Whitmore

Re: It Begins?

Post by Bill Whitmore » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:55 am

I'm definitely interested . . . now I just need to remember how my character works.
Sir Jerric

Post by Sir Jerric » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:58 am

Tone stretches his neck and begins packing up his carving tools. "No need to be so dramatic. Only been, what, half a year?" Rising, he casually kicks out the corner of his pyramid of woodcarvings. The clatter quickly turns into an avalanche of noise as works of art spill out in a wave at his heels.
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:43 am

So we’ve got Bill and Sir Jerric back, now we just need Conquestor and Zath. I’ll go ahead and PM them on 17thshard.com- I believe they’re both active there.
Zath

Post by Zath » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:41 pm

The pile of refuse in the corner shifts slightly, and what seemed like the sludge of rotting food just a second ago now throbs to life, turning paler and clearer until it is almost possible to see right through it. Scraps of garbage fall away as a human skull appears within the depths of the gelatinous mass and rises to the surface. Translucent lips and ligaments form to frame the grinning teeth, and a few moments later a voice issues forth from the macabre puppet's jaw.

"Half a year? That is merely the blink of an eye. Honestly, I could use a half-decade or so more rest. Ah, well. Idleness causes the mind to grow dull, I suppose. To work, then."
Excellent! I'm ready to dive back into Scadrial! Just need to re-familiarize myself with NamPaen. ...I'm glad I wrote all that backstory. :)
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:36 pm

Zath wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:41 pm
Excellent! I'm ready to dive back into Scadrial! Just need to re-familiarize myself with NamPaen. ...I'm glad I wrote all that backstory. :)
Sweet! Welcome back!

And yeah, thanks to all of you for the detailed backstories. I’ll try to remember all of that but if I forget something don’t hesitate to remind me. :)
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:41 am

Still no word from Conquestor- I just double checked and he hasn’t been on the Shard in almost 2 years, so we should probably not wait for him. I’ll go ahead and post in recruitment and see if we have anyone else who wants to join, then get this thing going sometime this week. :)
Bill Whitmore

Post by Bill Whitmore » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:31 pm

It might be worth cross-posting the recruitment announcement over on crafty-games.com.
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:57 am

Bill Whitmore wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:31 pm
It might be worth cross-posting the recruitment announcement over on crafty-games.com.
Good idea. On it.
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:37 am

Well no word from Conquestor, and no new players eager to sign up (yet). I say lets go ahead and start, and if Conquestor (or anyone else) shows up we'll work them into the story. I just spent the past 1-2 hours reviewing everyone's backstories in detail and making a bunch of notes, and I'm just about ready to go. I just have a couple of things to work out with Zath (I just posted about it in your character sheet thread), mainly dealing with how NamPaen is connected to Cale and Tone. Sir Jerric and Bill, feel free to weigh in, too.

Once we have those details worked out I'll post the chapter 1 thread. I'm thinking a good starting scene will be Tone returning from one of his excursions, and Cale and NamPaen there to greet him at the canal docks.

Return to “The Safehouse”