Missing Forum Wanted: Path of Steel

Report Forum issues. Request forum changes, or report problems.

Postby Bill Whitmore » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:53 pm

I can no longer see the Path of Steel forums. Is there something going on with it or am I just being stupid?

I totally expect it's the latter but I want to make sure.
Bill Whitmore

Postby Claincy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:02 pm

I think tec was reworking the permissions for it. I can still see it. I've been looking at the permissions to see if I can help get stuff sorted but I'm hitting errors when I try to fix any permissions.
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Justin Case » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:26 pm

and now i cant see it :cry:
Justin Case

Postby Kadrok » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:27 pm

Well crap. I hope I didn't do that.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby tecslicer » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:30 pm

Yeah, those permissions should have been in the Path of Steel PLayer's group, but they were in the registered players group. So when I took it out of there it was in no group... I'll be right back.
tecslicer
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kurkistan » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:39 pm

To reiterate, wouldn't it be best to continue on the "lock out Nard (because we don't like him :P ), but let everyone else see the forum" approach? I don't know what Hero will do with himself if he can't read PoS...
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Postby tecslicer » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:42 pm

Ok, so situation report. The way it is supposed to work is that the group has permissions to see the forum, then the players join the group. Anybody not in the group gets special individual permissions to see it if they are allowed. I assumed that is what I did when I setup the group, but the group had no permissions to see anything... :oops:

You were previously able to see it because it was part of the "Registered Users" group, but with Nard joining I needed to revoke those. Now it is fixed, and I'll probably do a write up for the proper way to setup a game so I can just run down a checklist next time. :ugeek:

If you still can't see PoS, give a hollar, and I or Ffnord, or Kadrok, or Gil, can add you to the PoS players group(if you are a player), or just give you individual forum permissions("Read Only" if you are not a player)

And to reiterate, Hero can see everything.
tecslicer
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:50 pm

Lol. Can Hero see what my Feruchemist is up to? :shock: 3:D

Which reminds me... I may have accidentally glimpsed Hero's character's name in the forum titles while trying to fix things. Started with "A" and had a "z" in it (or some such... I didn't exactly linger to find out)? Was not my intention, and I can't see it affecting the game unless my character starts hanging out with Inquisitors and they get to talking... but I just thought I'd put that out there so everything's above board.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby tecslicer » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:53 pm

Yeah, admin powers are like that. I could at any time give myself permissions to see any narrators notes I want, but then the adventure is a bit boring for me. Learned that one when I was a kid driving a porche around in Age of Empires 2.

And I don't imagine he will be handing out business cards, no. His name does have an A and a Z in it, and I have to think about it every time I spell it. Just like Poiliter Garange.
tecslicer
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kurkistan » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:54 pm

I never got tired of driving that porche. :D
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Next

Return to Forum Issues