Round 1: You vs. The Lord Ruler's armies

Postby tecslicer » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:42 pm

Out of Character. Click to reveal.
Herowannabe wrote:woah, is anyone else getting some weird forum formatting on Tec's posts?

@Ffnord: fGold is stolen via Gold spikes, and not all Inquisitors had a gold spike. But other than that it's very helpful. I imagine that one of the "shoulder" spikes is the linchpin spike? As in it's between the shoulders?

Also, Inquisitors have a 6 wits and you have 5, so you should declare first. FZinc can be used to increase your Wits for declaration order, but only when tapping single charges.

Wow that was a weird error. Turns out that 2 OOC's inside a quote inside an OOC messes with the usual Chrome parser.
tecslicer
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:54 pm

where do the books imply the fGold is stolen by pewter? I'm not seeing it.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Claincy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:07 pm

tecslicer wrote:oh just saw this question. I won't speak for everyone else but as for me, I'm fine with any of the swears that Brandon uses in his books. More than that is probably a bit too much. ;)

I'm intending to create a forum rules list that would address this question (Procrastinating on it. Hoping to recruit an admin or two first.)

Happy enough to. If you like. :)
Would stop me bugging you so much about wanting threads moved or topics/sub-forums added etc :P

I agree that it would be best to stick to in-world swearwords. Though that can include swearwords that aren't actually used in the books but make sense in-world. So a kandra could swear with "Ruin!" or similar.

@Hero I don't remember the books implying it. The MAG outright states it though.
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:46 pm

Herowannabe wrote:where do the books imply the fGold is stolen by pewter? I'm not seeing it.

Had a big argument with Phantom over it here (meet the worst theory I've ever fielded. There is a reason it's not in my links list at the bottom of my sig): http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/36 ... Bhemalurgy

But according to the coppermind it is HoA Chapter 36: http://coppermind.net/wiki/Pewter#Hemalurgic_Use
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Claincy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:14 pm

lord_Ffnord wrote:Tapping zinc for turn order =) Until he starts burning atium he can declare first.

I think this got lost in the discussion somewhere. Eddard has a couple of hundred left over zinc, you can assume that he will be tapping enough to declare last in any situation where atium isn't involved.
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:56 pm

@Kadrok: hmm... That made me curious enough that I went and looked it up. Sure enough, in the chapter bump it says word for word that inquisitors were given pewter spikes charged with Feruchemical healing. Error on Mr. Sanderson's part perhaps?

@Ffnord: oh my bad, I didn't catch that. I thought that you had tapped all your zinc charges and/or ditched your zinc mind so as to be metal-less. Anyway, the inquisitor will be attacking you with it's axe again.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:04 am

Sorry Kadrok, I know you've been waiting for this post:

Jastes marvels at the cloud of blue shadows that dance all about him. Surely no two metals were ever meant to be used together like Electrum and Atium were. Not only could he see what each and every figure around him was going to do, he saw exactly how he could counter it.

His sights set on the Inquisitor with the crushed arm, now soaring through the air, Jastes takes a handful of coins from his coin-pouch and Steelpushes them one at a time at his target. One by one they strike the inquisitor, who growls in frustration at his inability to dodge before thumping back to the ground in a cloud of ash, blood trickling from a half dozen fresh wounds in his body. 3:(

6 damage to the inquisitor, dropping it to 7 Health and giving it a Serious Burden (puncture wounds) to go with its Grave Burden. It taps 5 Gold to bring it up to 12 Health, but doesn't heal either of its burdens (leaving it with 15 Gold charges left). However, burning pewter allows it to ignore the puncture wounds, so you may only capitalize on the grave burden.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:15 pm

Sooo... now that I'm soloing 2 Inquisitors as a support character... any advice? Wait a minute! Maybe it's time for my secret plan! HERO! How far is the closest Ashmount?
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Gil-galad » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:24 pm

I have three questions.how deep is this canal. An what sort of roll would I have to make to grab him?and finally what happens if a metalmind melts?
Gil-galad

Postby Herowannabe » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:49 pm

@Kadrok: The closest Ashmount is mount Kalling a week or two to the west of you, depending on your method of travel.

@Gil-Galad: 1) I did a bit of quick research and it turns out canals usually aren't very deep. I'm going to say this one is 5 paces, which is actually more than twice as deep as anything I could find.

2) Physique vs Physique. See the grappling rules on pg 201.

3) As someone pointed out here destroying a metalmind is actually pretty hard. Melting one down won't destroy it, but it would make it rather tricky to store in it or tap it while it's in a molten state.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

PreviousNext

Return to Action