Round 2: You vs. The Lord Ruler

Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Re: Round 2: You vs. The Lord Ruler

Post by Kurkistan » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:28 am

Out Of Character: Click to revealShow
@Claincy/Kadrok

That's a good point about the sheer amount of health required, which is my response to Wayne not wanting to be shot in the head: he just wouldn't have the fGold to heal it completely and instantly before bad things happened permanently.

I'm not so sure about Marsh compounding. We have an oblique quote (link still broken) from Brandon hinting that Inquisitors never figured out compounding:
The Inquisitor's Speed

What the Inquisitor does here at the end is very important. If you've read book two recently, you may recognize this as what Sazed did when he tapped speed at the end of that book.

The Inquisitors are gaining Feruchemical powers, which makes them very, very dangerous. Mixing Feruchemy and Allomancy is what made the Lord Ruler so formidable. Fortunately, it took him a long time to figure out how to mix the powers correctly, and the Inquisitors haven't had the time to practice, regardless of the force controlling them.
Beyond that, I think Marsh runs out of healing when fighting Vin at the end, and they generally just don't abuse Feruchemy as much as they should if they have compounding.

For Marsh, I'd just go to Inquisitors being weird. The annotation link is dead (because of course it is), but I distinctly recall Brandon saying that Kelsier decapitating the inquisitor worked because it separated his head spikes from his linchpin spikes: not because he was missing his head :o. So I imagine that Marsh might be able to live through a bullet through the brain, at least for a bit.

Sorry, magic-rant. :?
Last edited by Kurkistan on Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kadrok
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Kadrok » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:37 pm

So the long and the short of it is that Shadow can aim to decapitate the Inquisitor, thinking it's a weakness of Gold, and unwittingly separating the head spikes from the lynchspike. Speaking of which, if I pulled out the two head spikes would they die? Because my original plan was to just remove the spikes one by one, stsrting with the top and most visible ones... so many ways to accidently kill an inquisitor...
Claincy
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Claincy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:35 pm

:P OK. We know that marsh can compound atium a the very least but he wouldn't have figured out how back then.I guess we can go back to inquisitors having very messed up physiology...and marsh tapping a huge amount of health. Decapitation or removing their eye spikes or lynchpin spike is always going to work though, regardless how much gold they have.
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:09 am

woah, lots to catch up on. Bear with me. I think after this beat I will separate everyone into their own threads, just to keep things organized.

As for the whole Gold Feruchemy blood making compounding Inquisitoring thing, I think Kurkistan has the right of it. They inquisitors are physically (and perhaps spiritually?) altered so much that they can't be killed in exactly the same ways that humans can, although fGold of course plays a huge part in that. It's clearly stated in the books by Marsh that the only ways to kill inquisitors is by separating the upper spikes from the lower ones, either through decapitation or removing the lynchpin spike. Vin also confirms that removing both eye spikes is enough to kill them as well.
Claincy
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Claincy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:17 am

I think removing the eye spikes works because it is essentially the same thing. You're still separating the upper and lower spikes. It is however theoretically possible to just smash one up till it runs out of gold and then some. It may still be harder to kill than an ordinary human after it runs out of gold but enough damage would still finish it.
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:27 pm

Okay lets see here, I need to make a few more rolls.

Both Ffnord's and Kurk's inquisitors should make a basic (Atium only) defense roll against the soldiers.

Vs Eddard's men:
Herowannabe rolled 4d6:
4, 1, 2, 1

Vs Robert's men:
Herowannabe rolled 4d6:
6, 2, 1, 4

@Kadrok:

The spear inquisitor still gets to attack you before you move away, so you'll have to defend against that:
Herowannabe rolled 10d6:
2, 3, 5, 5, 1, 1, 4, 5, 3, 3

Leaving it with only 2d + Atium to defend with.

The crippled inquisitor gets nothing but its physique to defend with, and I don't have high hopes for it...
Herowannabe rolled 6d6:
3, 3, 1, 4, 3, 2

@Gil: The Lord Ruler is going to defend and actually try to grapple Vorun back:
Defense:
Herowannabe rolled 10d6:
3, 2, 3, 6, 2, 5, 4, 1, 2, 2
+Nx10

Attack:
Herowannabe rolled 10d6:
1, 1, 1, 4, 4, 5, 2, 6, 1, 6
Kadrok
Board Ruler