Round 3: Eddard

Claincy
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Re: Round 3: Eddard

Post by Claincy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:48 pm

Out Of Character: Click to revealShow
If this follows the normal pattern we could be waiting a bit anyway, so I might as well think this through. =)

Might as well roll spirit
Claincy rolled 3d6:
1, 2, 5

I'm just going to wait for the inquisitors to declare.
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:57 pm

Spear inquisitor will attack you again.
Axe inquisitor will switch tactics, moving directly above you and steel-pushing down on you while using iron-pulls to anchor, trying to press you down and inhibit your ability to move/fight.
Claincy
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Claincy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:06 pm

Soo, in game terms, what exactly is he hoping to accomplish, I can think of a couple of possibilities.
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:28 pm

good question. Basically I think I'll just treat it like a grapple attempt, but steel vs physique instead of phys vs phys. It will get 2 extra dice (one from circumstances and one from using iron to anchor). You will still get -1d from your armor.

Even with all that though I don't really expect it to succeed, not against your fZinc/aPewter awesomeness. If it does succeed, it won't pin you completely (unless it succeeds by a lot), but instead will just hamper you, causing you to lose dice from your other actions.
Claincy
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Claincy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:46 am

Eddard glances around, hoping to spot something to throw. Damn. Nothing here. Oh well, let's see what we can do to this Bosh'tet. I hope the others are making good use of the time I'm buying them.
basic attack, 15 dice as previously.
10 for the attack. Saving the others for defense.

Now that I've declared, is TLR planning to interfere yet?
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:37 am

Ah yes, of course The Lord Ruler is going to interfere. 3:D

He will walk towards you (1 Step, bringing him into Close range) and will attack you and all of your men with flared brass, trying to dampen your will to fight/ resist/ live/ etc.

Herowannabe rolled 10d6:
2, 3, 1, 1, 3, 1, 4, 2, 3, 2

Soldier's defense: Spirit4 + Courageous
Herowannabe rolled 5d6:
5, 4, 4, 6, 1

Spear inquisitor attack
Herowannabe rolled 9d6:
1, 6, 1, 6, 5, 6, 4, 1, 3

Defense vs Eddard
Herowannabe rolled 4d6:
2, 3, 6, 6

Axe inquisitor steel-smash
Herowannabe rolled 8d6:
5, 3, 5, 3, 5, 6, 3, 6

You may defend when ready
Claincy
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Claincy » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:21 am

I haven't looked at all your rolls yet, but Eddard is assigning 2 nudges to defense against tlr and 2 nudges to defense against the airborne inquisitor, finally 1 nudge in defense against the spear inquisitor.

against tlr
Claincy rolled 10d6:
3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 2, 3, 6, 5, 6

against airborne inquisitor
Claincy rolled 10d6:
1, 5, 1, 4, 2, 5, 6, 3, 6, 3

against spear inquisitor
Claincy rolled 10d6:
1, 6, 5, 2, 1, 2, 6, 5, 2, 2

outcome of -4 but he has 3 nudges *sigh* only 1 complication.

Oh right, and attack :P
Claincy rolled 10d6:
3, 5, 1, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 3, 3

ok, so tlr and inquisitors fail everything =)
4 damage to spear inquisitor, how much health did he have atm?
(I know he still has full gold, I get the feeling he had 16 health or something base with pewter).

And this is kinda how Eddard is starting to feel,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xemvuM-uav0#t=11m
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:45 am

You are correct, 16 Health, so you inflict a Serious Burden. It will tap 4 Gold to regain the Health and ignore the burden with Pewter.
Eddard glances around at the foes that are starting to convene on him, his enhanced mental speed letting him contemplate myriads of details along with their implications.

The axe-wielding inquisitor is flying above Eddard in the air. In the few minutes that the two of them had been dueling Eddard had plenty of opportunities to observe the creature, and figure out all of its tells. He quickly determines that it is anchoring itself to Steelpush down on Eddard, trying to force him to the deck.

Eddard hadn't spent as much time observing the inquisitor with the spear yet, but it's intent isn't hard to figure out. It starts charging forward, spear drawn back to strike at Eddard's abdomen.

The Lord Ruler... He had centuries of experience controlling himself, and any tells that he might have would be hard to spot. Fortunately, Eddard has logic to aid him. The Lord Ruler just drank a goblet of wine brought to him by an Obligator- surely it's purpose was to restore The Lord Ruler's metal reserves, which means he has all his Allomantic powers back. His first act in this battle was to attack the armies' will to fight by using his incredible Soothing and Rioting powers. It stands to reason that that would be his next course of action. Eddard steels his mind...

...And sure enough, the Lord Ruler's Soothing hits. But prepared for it as he was, Eddard isn't phased a bit. He notices his men stagger under the emotional weight that had just been dumped on their souls, but these men already survived the Lord Ruler's soothing once in this battle, and none of them falter now.

Eddard turns his attention back to the inquisitor charging at him, and he leaps up and over the inquisitor's spear. It is a near-suicidal move, destined to end with Eddard and the Inquisitor tangled on the ground where weapons and armor would be useless. But then the other inquisitor's Steelpush hits, just as Eddard knew it would. In midair, Eddard is slammed back down into the ground, pinning the inquisitor's spear underneath him and knocking the creature off balance. With Eddard lying flat on the deck, the Steelpush is completely ineffective, and so he spins around, kicking out with his foot and sweeping the inquisitor's legs out from underneath it. The spin also throws off the other Inquisitor's steelpush, and it is forced to let up or be thrown off balance.

Eddard comes out of the spin on his feet, unharmed, with the new inquisitor lying prone in front of him.
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Post by Kurkistan » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:12 am

Well-narrated, Hero.
Claincy
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Claincy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:07 am